League one news/transfers 2018/19 (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

I am surprised that nobody has signed Doidge from Forest Green about 6 foot 2 and scores goals

Hobo

Scunthorpe have sold Duane Holmes. Thought he changed the game when he came on Saturday.
Definitely gave them a bit of creativity in midfield and was involved in both their goals.

steve82

AFC Wimbledon parted company this morning with Neil Ardley after 6 years at the club and was the 3rd longest serving manager in the top 4 English leagues I believe.

Shame, not so sure they’ve made the right call on this, yes there 6 points adrift but looking at the results the majority of defeats are by a single goal.

Goals look a issue for them looking from the outside having scored just 11 league goals and look to of struggled to replace the goals from Lyle Taylor which is always a challenge for a small club like Wimbledon.

Is a new manager gonna get something different from the same group

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve82

Shrewsbury now parted company with John Askey.

Panic buttons are being pressed after this weekend, 3 sackings from league one and two with Phil Brown getting the chop at Swindon.

skybluegod

Swindon was bizarre timing given they had just won?

Wimbledon haven't really pushed on since they got up which i guess is the issue at Wimbledon.

Not surprised by Shrewsbury one with, but would be surprised to see Hurst go back there but you never know.

steve82

Swindon was bizarre timing given they had just won?

Wimbledon haven't really pushed on since they got up which i guess is the issue at Wimbledon.

Not surprised by Shrewsbury one with, but would be surprised to see Hurst go back there but you never know.

Swindon job looks to be given very quickly to Richie Wellens, seems that might of been in the pipeline.

Gary Bowyer seems the early name for the Shrewsbury job with many bookmakers with Hurst second favourite.

Wimbledon one surprised me given they will likely go down whoever takes the job unless they find goals from somewhere. They feel like a change in direction may help tho.

steve82

Unrest at Scunthorpe...

Difficult times at Scunthorpe this season which has prompted a interesting statement that the chairman has put out

Scunthorpe have won just once in the last 10 league games and shipped a staggering 44 goals this season.

Scunthorpe are already on manager no 2 of the season with Stuart McCall in charge after Nick Daws was sacked 4 games in even after the opening day win at the Ricoh with a 5-0 defeat to Fleetwood his last game.

Chairman's message

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Unrest at Scunthorpe...

Difficult times at Scunthorpe this season which has prompted a interesting statement that the chairman has put out

Scunthorpe have won just once in the last 10 league games and shipped a staggering 44 goals this season.

Scunthorpe are already on manager no 2 of the season with Stuart McCall in charge after Nick Daws was sacked 4 games in even after the opening day win at the Ricoh with a 5-0 defeat to Fleetwood his last game.

Chairman's message

They desperately need the game v Cov to come round then to get back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread