League One Preview By TFB (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

You will probably ridiculed on here for putting us as play off challengers, haven't you heard. We are going down, its already been decided.

LJC_CCFC

You will probably ridiculed on here for putting us as play off challengers, haven't you heard. We are going down, its already been decided.

The chap I got to do the fan comment offers an alternative view, which should speak to some on here.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It looks decent, good layout, well structured, researched and informatively accurate. I have a few different opinions to you though on a couple of teams.

LJC_CCFC

It looks decent, good layout, well structured, researched and informatively accurate. I have a few different opinions to you though on a couple of teams.

Cheers. Tbh I think the league is very hard to judge this year, there are so many sides of similar ability.

Otis

Please read and share guys:

http://thefootballwriterblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/the-fry-brothers-definitive-league-one.html?_sm_au_=iVVMDPQR4Jt0SKPQ

Feedback - both positive and negative - is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Right. No offence and it's just a couple of small points, but I think where you went wrong last season was in predicting the promoted teams from League 2 as being mid table or as strugglers in League 1 (think it was either 3 out of 4 or all 4) and you have done the same again this season.

There invariably is one of the teams at least who is challenging for top 6 in the higher league. Last year Chesterfield, Rochdale and Fleetwood were all in with a shout of top 6 come the end of the season.

Bound sure to be one of the teams coming up challenging up the top end of League One. Think the momentum and confidence of the successful previous campaign can go a long way and make some difference.

Also, there is always a surprise team. Always one who seemingly defies the odds and does well. Maybe you have City down to be that team?

Usually too there is a side you think will do well, but will struggle. Think that may well be the case again this season.

Otherwise, good stuff, very informative. :)

LJC_CCFC

Right. No offence and it's just a couple of small points, but I think where you went wrong last season was in predicting the promoted teams from League 2 as being mid table or as strugglers in League 1 (think it was either 3 out of 4 or all 4) and you have done the same again this season.

There invariably is one of the teams at least who is challenging for top 6 in the higher league. Last year Chesterfield, Rochdale and Fleetwood were all in with a shout of top 6 come the end of the season.

Bound sure to be one of the teams coming up challenging up the top end of League One. Think the momentum and confidence of the successful previous campaign can go a long way and make some difference.

Also, there is always a surprise team. Always one who seemingly defies the odds and does well. Maybe you have City down to be that team?

Usually too there is a side you think will do well, but will struggle. Think that may well be the case again this season.

Otherwise, good stuff, very informative. :)

Can't recall where I posted my predictions last year tbh.

Well to be fair, my brother fancies Gillingham to be the 'surprise team' which he documents in the piece and also tips them for the Play-Offs.

As for the promoted teams, I agree with your point. We agreed that all four shouldn't be any lower than mid-table, but we couldn't justify tipping them for promotion.

That being said, would it surprise me if any of the four challenged for the play-offs and subsequently got into them? No. They are all good sides and with the momentum as you say, and the fact that the gap between League One and League Two - as I mention in the preview - is shortening, one of them is likely to have a Chesterfield esque season. Although I wouldn't say any of them are as good as Chesterfield were last year.

My brother also questions Wigan and their appointment of Gary Caldwell, despite lots of people tipping them to do well - so that probably fits into the bracket of: "a side you think will do well, but will struggle."

Otis

Can't recall where I posted my predictions last year tbh.

Well to be fair, my brother fancies Gillingham to be the 'surprise team' which he documents in the piece and also tips them for the Play-Offs.

As for the promoted teams, I agree with your point. We agreed that all four shouldn't be any lower than mid-table, but we couldn't justify tipping them for promotion.

That being said, would it surprise me if any of the four challenged for the play-offs and subsequently got into them? No. They are all good sides and with the momentum as you say, and the fact that the gap between League One and League Two - as I mention in the preview - is shortening, one of them is likely to have a Chesterfield esque season. Although I wouldn't say any of them are as good as Chesterfield were last year.

My brother also questions Wigan and their appointment of Gary Caldwell, despite lots of people tipping them to do well - so that probably fits into the bracket of: "a side you think will do well, but will struggle."

I think I agree with that.

Grendel says Wigan should walk the league. Well should and will are two completely different things. I think they may well be in for a rude awakening and they really should have gone for an experienced manager who has been there and done it in League One.

Might come back to bite them on the bum that one.

stupot07

where is the poll that shows that ?

There isn't one, most people I've seen on here are predicting somewhere between 8-12th top half finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread