Leamington Supporters Club September Meeting Highlights (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Micheal Doyle also said that the main difference between the club this time around compared to when he was here before is the connection the club and the players have with the fans now.
He says the players really care about what the fans think and they all feel they owe it to us to perform.
He also thought that since the Blackpool game the team have played really well and if we had got Conor Chaplin in earlier we would be higher up the table already as he was 100% certain he would have stuck away some of the chances we made and missed.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Well done to Juggy too who gets a fair bit of ridicule from the usual negative bunch on here.

I don’t think he’s ever been ridiculed on here. He’s always backed the club through thick and thin and he’s up there virtually every game. I know he’s on CWR every week but in all fairness he’s one of the few callers they get that seems to have some sanity.
Nice enough bloke when I’ve spoken to him n’all.

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t think he’s ever been ridiculed on here. He’s always backed the club through thick and thin and he’s up there virtually every game. I know he’s on CWR every week but in all fairness he’s one of the few callers they get that seems to have some sanity.
Nice enough bloke when I’ve spoken to him n’all.
Have a look back at threads concerning Tony Mowbray and something he reported that Mowbray has said to him.

I was eleven in 87

Just letting everyone know the details of our meeting this Weds 19th Sept.
You do not need to be from Leamington to join, so come along as I suspect this will be one of our best meetings to date.
Its at St Patricks Irish Club - Adelaide Road - Leamington Spa (next to the river) and starts at 7.30pm.
Non-members need to get there by 7.15pm so we can quickly get you registered.
Guests from the club include Michael Doyle and Conor Chaplin and as usual they will be taking questions from the members present on the night.
We will have our usual raffle which normally includes prizes of signed players kit or boots - VIP match packages and loads of other exclusive bits & pieces.
The bar will be open and we lay on a free buffet.

If you are not a member you will need to join on the night and this will cost a one-off fee of £10 - you will get the Leamington Supporters Club badge and this will get you in to all subsequent meetings for free plus you will then be able to travel to away games with the club. (PM me for details of upcoming away games).
These are great nights and you get insights into the club that you might not normally get access to.
I am happy to answer any questions you might have on here - if you think you might come along like this post and I will send you a PM confirming the details.
PUSB
Gary
Could you remind us about the details of the ‘boat’ to the Charlton game?
I couldn’t quite hear what the bloke was saying.

Sky Blue Harry H

Could you remind us about the details of the ‘boat’ to the Charlton game?
I couldn’t quite hear what the bloke was saying.
James Raffell arranging. Has about 50 places left ? Think he said £30ish, included free bar. I would pm James on here (think there is a specific thread on here about it)

Nick

Administrator

giphy.gif

ajsccfc

I love this kind of thing, it feels like there's been a real effort to create a bond between club and supporters that was long neglected. It doesn't even take that much but can make a world of difference.

Doyle and Chaplin have a father/son vibe going on there

GaryJones

USSSKYBLUE - No you are right its not that these type of meetings that are new - but the way the players engage with the supporters and answer questions honestly is!
They feel relaxed at these meetings and seem to trust the audience more so they let their guard down.
They happily engage in banter and talk about and say things I wouldn't choose to repeat on a forum.
I used to go to these things in the 80s and this is streets apart.

usskyblue

USSSKYBLUE - No you are right its not that these type of meetings that are new - but the way the players engage with the supporters and answer questions honestly is!
They feel relaxed at these meetings and seem to trust the audience more so they let their guard down.
They happily engage in banter and talk about and say things I wouldn't choose to repeat on a forum.
I used to go to these things in the 80s and this is streets apart.

Obviously, I can’t compare back then, to what you’re doing now, but I remember players being pretty relaxed, open and honest when I used to go.

Although, looking back, Andy Blair did have shifty fookin eyes

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Doyle - I never wanted to leave Coventry first time round.
I want to stay and coach and maybe even get involved in the management in the future at Coventry.

Noooooooo! ;)

Tbf he’d probably suit management and if he’s as effective on the bench as he is in the middle of the park barking orders I’d give him at a shot at some point!

Liquid Gold

I'd prefer Doyle to be an assistant/overall bastard than manager. I could see him losing a dressing room for kicking one of the youth team players in.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread