Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

Being the least knowledgable about footie around here I thought he needed a new thread, a new start.

Clean sheet over the weekend.

This may be an interesting tussle with RCC

Nick

Administrator
I think RCC got in the team when burge was out with illness didn't he?

I don't rate Burge at all, but I didn't rate Bigi last season either so if he has turned into Buffon over the summer then let him play!

Otis

I think RCC got in the team when burge was out with illness didn't he?

I don't rate Burge at all, but I didn't rate Bigi last season either so if he has turned into Buffon over the summer then let him play!
Yep from Buffoon to Buffon would be nice.

christonabike

RCC is the better of the two in honesty Burge is in my eyes shyte but RCC is very young for a keeper and will grow into a decent stopper. Burge reminds me of that awful keeper we had on loan from Bournemouth.
"Coventry always had good goalkeepers" old folke used to say!:)

clint van damme

RCC is the better of the two in honesty Burge is in my eyes shyte but RCC is very young for a keeper and will grow into a decent stopper. Burge reminds me of that awful keeper we had on loan from Bournemouth.
RCC was dodgy at the start of last year, but as the season went on his handling got better and by th end I was fairly confident in him.
He's regressed so far this season, I wonder how much of that is down to the change of personnel in front of him, if that's got anything to do with it at all.

pastythegreat

I think we've always done well with keepers, right up until Joe Murphy. Think it went downhill from there. That alsopp fella we had from Bournemouth being the worst by a country mile

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

I think we've always done well with keepers, right up until Joe Murphy. Think it went downhill from there. That alsopp fella we had from Bournemouth being the worst by a country mile

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
He must've only got in the team cos of being related to the sponsors!!

Joy Division

Aren't Burge and RCC the same age?

Allsop received unfair stick for our fans I think, not sure he did too much wrong. I'd have him in goal in front of RCC and Burge any day.

torchomatic

I'd rather have RCC than Burge. There, I've said it.

duffer

I'm still of the opinion that an older goalie with more experience would suit this team more. It's not just about raw goalkeeping ability, it's also about organising the defence (which is also fairly young in parts). Both RCC and Burge make me nervous in all honesty.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

RCC has played more games than Burge, so it's hard to really compare them, especially as RCC's better games came after he had a prolonged spell.

Neither fill me with massive confidence or I would say are promotion team candidates, however they'll do a job in the middle of League 1.

Would be interesting to see what happens if Burge was given the spot for a bit.

rob9872

Technically I think rcc better but as has been pointed out he had a long run and Burges record favours quite well. Be interesting to see if he gets a run how they compare.

torchomatic

ceetee

Don't be fooled by the clean sheet. I not criticising him, it's just that he wan' t tested apart from a couple of dodgy punches.

I think RCC has the better potential but both have to get better to be reliable keepers.

Never understood the hatred of Allsop. I know he didn't,' ooze confidence but I can't remember any disasters

torchomatic

Don't be fooled by the clean sheet. I not criticising him, it's just that he wan' t tested apart from a couple of dodgy punches.

I think RCC has the better potential but both have to get better to be reliable keepers.

Never understood the hatred of Allsop. I know he didn't,' ooze confidence but I can't remember any disasters

He was great on 1-v-1's I seem to remember. TBF, our keepers have rarely had a solid back four in front of them to instil any confidence.

Gint11

Don't shoot me down because I have been critical of the pair of them. But sometimes players aren't as bad as stats suggest. There is talent in there somewhere because you don't make it to a professional club and earn contract after contract if your genuinely turd. With Burge and Remote control Car you just wonder is it confidence more than ability. Just look at Bigi, everyone including me thought bringing him back was pointless....by all accounts hes Pirlo at the minute. Confidence in football is key at all times.

rob9872

Don't shoot me down because I have been critical of the pair of them. But sometimes players aren't as bad as stats suggest. There is talent in there somewhere because you don't make it to a professional club and earn contract after contract if your genuinely turd. With Burge and Remote control Car you just wonder is it confidence more than ability. Just look at Bigi, everyone including me thought bringing him back was pointless....by all accounts hes Pirlo at the minute. Confidence in football is key at all times.

RCC remote control car - thats some predictive text you have there.

Gazolba

Both are poor but RCC is less poor.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

RCC in my opinion is a very good prospect makes mistakes even the best do that I don't see what can be gained by bringing in an experienced goalkeeper the unemployed ones are without jobs for a reason

Winny the Bish

I'm a big fan of RCC. Think he can be our starter for a long time to come. There are no perfect keepers in League One, we have the chance to develop one who can get close if we just stick with him.

georgehudson

both RCC & LB are reasonable keepers,
i'd also give a thumbs up to Addai & Skusa,
in the keeping dept., i think we're ok,
tho we need the goalkeeping coach to mentor these prospects

sbadey

both RCC & LB are reasonable keepers,
i'd also give a thumbs up to Addai & Skusa,
in the keeping dept., i think we're ok,
tho we need the goalkeeping coach to mentor these prospects
I took the wife to RCCs first senior game last september against Shrewsbury we won 3-0 he looked good in that game but had reda in the back 4 who helped give him a confidence boost. Since then he has been both very good, yet also calamatous at times, however he is showing signs of improvement. Let's wait until Stokes is back and just maybe if we get lucky and find a decently fit big strong CM to come in and lead the defence as captain riccets is a spent force imo

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

Philosorapter

Another win tonight with Lee Burge playing. I know correlation does not imply causation but thoughts please.

Should he be the goalie for the next game if RCC is fit?

rob9872

Rcc came in took his chance and deservedly kept the shirt. Burge handed his chance maybe not perfect in many eyes here nut new manager one conceded ad back to back wins. I think he would feel pretty harshly treated if he is dropped next game even with a fit rcc. Wouldn't be great for the rest of the fringe players either who wI'll get a lift if they see performing means you keep your place and we need the competition pushing in all areas.

Users who are viewing this thread