Lee Mack - Funniest thing on British TV at the moment (1 Viewer)

Otis

Agree?

Anyone on here that doesn't find him funny? I haven't met anyone yet who has said so.

He's certainly got a touch of Eric Morecambe about him and I think he makes Would I lie to You the best comedy programme on TV these days.

Otis

Okay, first two people I have ever met who don't like him! :)

Knew someone would somewhere in the world and the two people seem to be both on SBT!!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

Very surprised. Would never think anyone would describe him as beige.

Oh well, each and every to their own.

I know some people don't find Eric Morecambe funny and I now know those people to be idiots, so there you go! :)

bringbackrattles

Would I lie To You is the best comedy panel show on the telly. Lee Mack is brilliant but so are the regulars too. When you talk about who is funny you'll always get a mixed reaction, I find Jason Manford unfunny but he seems to be popular. I said recently Billy Connelly is my favourite comic but someone said he thought he's crap. Comedy is subjective then ?

Liquid Gold

I really like Stewart Lee and I know he's definitely not to many people's taste. Also love it when Charlie Brooker does any of his wipes.

Reactions: vow

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Comedy can be very fickle. I used to really like Lee Mack but although I haven't gone off him, so to speak, I can give him a miss. The same with Peter Kay. He was the funniest man on earth at one time. I would watch everything he did, but it can wear thin at times. My favourite comedian at the moment (and has been for a while) is Nina Conti, the female ventriloquist. Makes me laugh every time I watch her!

Pipehitterz

Comedy can be very fickle. I used to really like Lee Mack but although I haven't gone off him, so to speak, I can give him a miss. The same with Peter Kay. He was the funniest man on earth at one time. I would watch everything he did, but it can wear thin at times. My favourite comedian at the moment (and has been for a while) is Nina Conti, the female ventriloquist. Makes me laugh every time I watch her!

oh my life she is dreadful

plus the fact her mouth visibly moves so not much in the way of ventriloquism imo

Otis

I really like Stewart Lee and I know he's definitely not to many people's taste. Also love it when Charlie Brooker does any of his wipes.
Well I like Stewart Lee, Charlie Brooker and Lee Mack!!

I agree with BBR, Would I Lie To You is the funniest thing on television.

Funny for me ...

Lee Mack
Eddie Izzard
Stewart Lee
Bill Bailey
Tim Vine
Billy Connelly
Dave Gorman
Stu Francis
Ricky Gervais
Woody Allen
Eric Morecambe

Not funny... (not even as much as a break into a smile)

Harry Hill
Lenny Henry
Victoria Wood
Russell Howard

Pipehitterz

Well I like Stewart Lee, Charlie Brooker and Lee Mack!!

I agree with BBR, Would I Lie To You is the funniest thing on television.

Funny for me ...

Lee Mack
Eddie Izzard
Stewart Lee
Bill Bailey
Tim Vine
Billy Connelly
Dave Gorman
Stu Francis
Ricky Gervais
Woody Allen
Eric Morecambe

Not funny... (not even as much as a break into a smile)

Harry Hill
Lenny Henry
Victoria Wood
Russell Howard
In their prime Harry Hill and Harry enfield were very Funny.
Not so now tho

olderskyblue

Saw Lee mack live. He was brilliant

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been watching Bill Burr on Netflix he is pretty good
He also has an animated show on it called F is for family, I can recommend that

chiefdave

Been watching a lot of Lewis Black recently. Most of his DVDs can be found on youtube, would definitely recommend if you like your comedy angry and rant filled.

NorthernWisdom

Saw Lee mack live. He was brilliant

Back in the days when I lived in that London, we used to go to recordings of the Sketch Show. Lee Mack was the standout there, for sure.

But then I seem to be the only person I know who likes him! Tried to persuade one friend to watch Not Going Out and now I don't think she trusts my judgement on, well... anything.

(Incidentally, warm-up for the Sketch Show was a pre-fame Jimmy Carr. Same act but... one time he annoyed a load of Christians who spent the time arguing with him until he was broken, and spent his time apologising for any offence he'd caused)

Otis

I do like stuff that Greg Davies does. Cuckoo, Man Down! I think it is just the randomness and the way he says "you little bellend".
Yeah, I really like Greg Davies too. I know I have missed a load of my list of I really sat down and thought about it.

Users who are viewing this thread