Leeds bringing over 4,000 allegedly despite only just over 2,000 tickets (2 Viewers)

Travs

It's not though , is it .

It is a bit.... someone referred to 1996 earlier in the thread... which is incidentally when Leeds got a good kicking on the pitch last day of the season.

Evo1883

It is a bit.... someone referred to 1996 earlier in the thread... which is incidentally when Leeds got a good kicking on the pitch last day of the season.
I was there but I'm on about before that .

WestEndAgro

To be fair, Leeds are a horrible bunch I've been watching Cov since the early seventies, they are the worst I've encountered.
Dirty fuckers who think they are something special.

Travs

Whilst i wouldn't personally choose to jump up after a goal if i was an away fan in the City home end.... i don't think its any more "risky" than it was 25-30 years ago.

I'm sure most people here have seen away fans literally get kicked down the stairs and out of the exits at Highfield Rd... i remember one of the Portsmouth games being a particularly bad example of this..... that level of hostility/violence isn't so likely to happen these days.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Whilst i wouldn't personally choose to jump up after a goal if i was an away fan in the City home end.... i don't think its any more "risky" than it was 25-30 years ago.

I'm sure most people here have seen away fans literally get kicked down the stairs and out of the exits at Highfield Rd... i remember one of the Portsmouth games being a particularly bad example of this..... that level of hostility/violence isn't so likely to happen these days.
Corner of west end and sky blue stand as I recall. Kicked of big time.

chiefdave

There have been lots for sale from people who bought them for points without going. If they do then hope police just move them into the away end
You'd have to be a complete idiot to buy a ticket you have no intention of using for the points and then sell it to an away fan. It will take the club seconds to work out who originally purchased the ticket and ban them.

bigfatronssba

This is going to get ugly

No it isn’t.

There won’t be any Leeds fans in the home areas as you can only buy a ticket if you have done previously

skybluecam

100% , why do you keep putting our fans down ?
Suggesting our fans aren’t mindless thugs is putting them down?
Confused Thinking GIF

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Suggesting our fans aren’t mindless thugs is putting them down?
Confused Thinking GIF
I thank you. I didn't even consider that by saying mindless attacks wouldn't happen I would be criticising our fans for their restraint.

pusbccfc

Haha the massive Leeds who have sold out every game in the last 30 years.

Oh wait, let's not forget the crowds they used to get in 2010s...

Hobo

Just spoke to a mate who knows a few Leeds lads and apparently they are coming in big numbers despite their moderate allocation.

Not sure why they would do that really, yes its an important game but by no means their biggest of the season.

Apparently they are taking 4,000 to the FA Cup Semi Final as well, just because they are Leeds and they can! 😂

rob9872

Leeds would've brought more

AOM

This is a call to arms for all normal fans. The legion need you to get your best stone island clobber on and defend the city.

West Orchards is going to be our Helms Deep.
Just need to hold out until the Riders of Rugby come in to save the day

1712242652557.png

hamertime

I remember a man city fan getting punched over the advertising boards in the main stand at Highfield rd. Spurs fans got filled in between the main stand and west terrace after the cup game one was knocked spark out. I was involved at that portsmouth game, luckily got found not guilty.

Saddlebrains

Look, if it didnt kick off against Leicester, which i dont think it did, and both Cov and Leicester had hundreds of each others 'firms' out its not going too against Leeds

Milne Out

To be fair, Leeds are a horrible bunch I've been watching Cov since the early seventies, they are the worst I've encountered.
Dirty fuckers who think they are something special.
I had the pleasure of being bricked by Leeds fans as a 10 year old child, at the bottom of Catherine street. We were about 20 yards from the trouble . So either the dick who threw it was a very poor shot, or he was aiming at a bloke with 2 small children on the opposite side of the street. Still remember sitting in Cov & Warwick’s hospital A&E for 2 hours , seeing the walking wounded from both sides rolling in. These were the days of flares and 3 star jumpers , where away fans bought multiple programs and stuffed them into their patch pocket trousers to bring back for their mates. I remember some stranger helping me up off the floor with my Dad, asking if I could remember the score . I a massive lump on my head and had mild concussion but I still knew it was 4-2 to City !
“Dirty Leeds” on and off the pitch

Sky Blue Harry H

Look, if it didnt kick off against Leicester, which i dont think it did, and both Cov and Leicester had hundreds of each others 'firms' out its not going too against Leeds
It did kick off; the Wheatsheaf mob (and i drink in there regularly on match days) hurled things at our coach (heading back to Warwick). Luckily the coach driver didn't let our 2 top boys off the coach, otherwise several hundred Wheatsheafers were in trouble 🤣

blunted

You always need a thread like this to bring out the nobheads with their hooligan bollocks.

messiahrobins

No they didnt. We got a kicking didnt we? From memory we took a kicking off Leeds twice, 1996 and i think 1992 when the est end turned around and legged it on the pitch and Pompey gave us a going over, they are the 3 i remember at HR. We were a docile fanbase in the 90s/00s. Werent most of mad heads from the 80's banned for much of the 90's?

messiahrobins

It's not though , is it .
Mate no offence but you really are trying to make Coventry fans sound tougher than they are. We are not that type of fanbase. Yes obviously there are some guys who like a rumble but speak to any fans of other clubs sort of itk with the 'hooligan' elements and the Cov firm is generally laughed at. Its no different now to the 90's which i assume you were referring to?

Hobo

Is there some sort of beef with Leeds i am unaware of? I mean if they bring 4k is it a big deal really?

Leeds just like to belittle other teams away support figures, as according to them they are bigger and better than anybody.

But then my dad is bigger than their dad! 😂

Last edited:

Evo1883

Mate no offence but you really are trying to make Coventry fans sound tougher than they are. We are not that type of fanbase. Yes obviously there are some guys who like a rumble but speak to any fans of other clubs sort of itk with the 'hooligan' elements and the Cov firm is generally laughed at. Its no different now to the 90's which i assume you were referring to?
You have no idea what you're talking about , with all due respect

CV22SBA

Email sent out to corporate season ticket holders earlier. I guess it confirms Leeds fans in hospitality areas.

This is a generic e-mail to all corporate members. Please pass onto any guests in your party for home games.

A polite reminder regarding supporter behaviour and dress code in hospitality areas.

Supporter Behaviour & Respect

Guests supporting the opposition team are welcome in our hospitality areas. Some guests may even have mixed fans in their group for the day.

We respectfully request that both home and visiting supporters are mindful of the fact that they will be seated with supporters from the opposing team and behaviour must always remain appropriate, and both sets of supporters should behave with decorum and mutual respect to each other.

Any inappropriate behaviour may result in immediate ejection from the ground and may result in Club banning orders.

letsallsingtogether

Really and who told you this?
Your Leeds mate!

pusbccfc

Email sent out to corporate season ticket holders earlier. I guess it confirms Leeds fans in hospitality areas.

This is a generic e-mail to all corporate members. Please pass onto any guests in your party for home games.

A polite reminder regarding supporter behaviour and dress code in hospitality areas.

Supporter Behaviour & Respect

Guests supporting the opposition team are welcome in our hospitality areas. Some guests may even have mixed fans in their group for the day.

We respectfully request that both home and visiting supporters are mindful of the fact that they will be seated with supporters from the opposing team and behaviour must always remain appropriate, and both sets of supporters should behave with decorum and mutual respect to each other.

Any inappropriate behaviour may result in immediate ejection from the ground and may result in Club banning orders.

Which is standard at every club really

Travs

No they didnt. We got a kicking didnt we? From memory we took a kicking off Leeds twice, 1996 and i think 1992 when the est end turned around and legged it on the pitch and Pompey gave us a going over, they are the 3 i remember at HR. We were a docile fanbase in the 90s/00s. Werent most of mad heads from the 80's banned for much of the 90's?

We played them last game of season at least twice, maybe even three times, early/mid 90's.

I wouldn't know about the one in 92.

93 or 94 I think we were 3-1 up in the last minute but they scored twice (possibly both by Rod Wallace), and yes I think Cov got chased off the pitch by the Leeds mob.

Last game of 95/96 season was 0-0 (I think) and kept us up, and City definitely had upper hand after the match on the pitch..... my most abiding memory of that game is a city bloke with a young kid on his shoulders, knocking down a couple of Leeds fans on the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread