Leeds Rent (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Leeds pay 1.8 million rent a year according to ken. Yet someone is still taking over them. Wonder if they renegotiate it?

Astute

How many do they get each home game though? Have they a decent chance of Prem football?

katzenjammer

But they retain ALL revenue from the stadium, food and drink, car parking, stand sponsorship and any non matchday conferences etc.

Grendel

Leeds pay 1.8 million rent a year according to ken. Yet someone is still taking over them. Wonder if they renegotiate it?

Who owns the ground?

Grendel

<p>

When they get into the prem & get 40k should the rent go up?

Rent is a fixed cost & should not be attributed to income.

Rent certainly should not be attributed to income I entirely agree with you.

dongonzalos

I think a lot of people have been saying 1.2 million is a premiership rent. Leeds have not been there for a long time. Ellend Road is an old old stadium. That has not been improved since Risdales days.
Fact of the matter is we don't know what people are paying till they tell us like bates did tonight.
We are just accepting TF's quotes that have never been verified anywhere.
There can't be that many stadiums out there that are rented and Ellend Road would definitely skew an average at 1.8

Grendel

I think a lot of people have been saying 1.2 million is a premiership rent. Leeds have not been there for a long time. Ellend Road is an old old stadium. That has not been improved since Risdales days.
Fact of the matter is we don't know what people are paying till they tell us like bates did tonight.
We are just accepting TF's quotes that have never been verified anywhere.
There can't be that many stadiums out there that are rented and Ellend Road would definitely skew an average at 1.8

Who owns Elland Road?

Grendel

Don no one knows who owns Elland Road it was "sold" in 2006 I believe.

Also no-one knows the identity of the owners of Leeds United plc.

We do know Ken Bates is the frontman.

Interestingly we do know Walsall pay the second largest rent in League 1. We do know the chairman is jeff Bonsor. We know they pay rent to a pension fund owned by jeff Bonsor.

Grendel

According to Wikipedia Teak Trading Company

Leeds sold this to them I believe in 2006 for quite a substantial sum. The true ownership of the football club remains a mystery....

Grendel

dongonzalos

That company was Forward Sports Fund, registered in the Cayman Islands , a tax haven .
Exactly the same as SISU.
except these lot let ken run the show for them

dongonzalos

The public cannot see who owns companies in tax havens; secrecy is one of the key services offered by such countries, many of them former British colonies or protectorates.

Grendel

The public cannot see who owns companies in tax havens; secrecy is one of the key services offered by such countries, many of them former British colonies or protectorates.

There is a suggestion the Walsall effect may also happen at Leeds

dongonzalos

Shaun Harvey , the club's chief executive, told the select committee at a session in Burnley that he did not know who the owners were, and - "to my knowledge," he said - neither did his chairman, Ken Bates.
The Premier League chief executive, Richard Scudamore, gave evidence to the committee shortly afterwards, saying that if Leeds were promoted, the Premier League would interpret the rules more strictly and require Leeds to say who the owners were.
Just days later, Leeds announced Bates had bought the club.
The unnamed investors who had apparently owned Leeds for six years, and certainly since the club came out of administration in 2007, had decided to sell it to him.
Bates, a UK tax exile resident in Monaco , had bought the club from the anonymous investors, via a company registered in Nevis, the West Indies , another tax haven.
Neither Bates, the club nor Chateau Fiduciaire said how much Bates paid to buy Leeds, why the unnamed investors had decided to sell when the club could achieve promotion and be worth a great deal more or, when they decided to sell, what efforts they had made to find a buyer, perhaps internationally, before concluding Bates was the buyer for them.

dongonzalos

They still found a buyer for 52 million though

So there is hope for us yet

GFH Capital’s £52m takeover of Leeds United on verge of completion

Grendel

i doubt very much these are the true figures.
Because these amounts wouldnt even cover light, heat and staff.

The Council cover the losses -- that is the point!

:facepalm::facepalm:

wingy

They still found a buyer for 52 million though

So there is hope for us yet

GFH Capital’s £52m takeover of Leeds United on verge of completion

There is still doubt over this deal.

In answer to KD
I'm pretty sure the council own the Ground from that inside out programme last year by David Conn.

Grendel

There is still doubt over this deal.

In answer to KD
I'm pretty sure the council own the Ground from that inside out programme last year by David Conn.

They sold it to a company in the Virgin Islands.

The main point is the argument they "pay" £1.2 million in rent is deeply flawed.

Grendel

where is your evidence that whoever owns these two stadiums that they cover losses ?
Are you claiming your statement is fact ?

Portman Road was the subject of a long running dispute between the council and the football club. The council demanded a huge rental increase but settled out of court for the nominal sum I have already mentioned. It is well documented.

KC Stadium is owned by Stadium Management Company. Both the football club and the rugby club reside there for a nominal rent and the revenue is generated by other activities.

Doncaster lived in the Keepmoat rent free until this year, they then signed a 99 year lease for £300,000 per annum to lead the management of the stadium. Effectively they are now allowed to profit from all stadium activities as part of a deal for them to make it profitable.

Not sure about Brighton but they seem to play at the AMEX for free.

Grendel

So the ground and club are owned by the same people but they pay high rent tax free?

I was in Leeds yesterday with a season ticket holder funnily enough. No one knows who owns the club or the Ground. It is highly suspicious.

Grendel

It's ken who says he pays 1.8 million in rent.

He bought the club, but did not own the ground.

Ah must be true then.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread