Leicester City fan's view on the 'M69 Derby' (1 Viewer)

Fox46

Hello Cov fans :)

I was just perusing your forum and I noticed there had been a couple of threads regarding the legitimacy of the 'M69 Derby'.
Now, from your perspective, it seems that you consider Villa your main rivals with us a close second and that seems a rather black and white situation.

Regarding Forest and Derby, we see them as our main rivals with the former the fiercer of the two. But as you're probably aware we're a distant second to both clubs and it falls under an odd case of them playing our rivalries down and us bigging them up. When we're secondary rivals to both clubs. However, geography comes in to it too. If you live in Melton Mowbray or Loughborough, Forest/Leicester is the main rivalry. In Coalville, Leicester/Derby is the main rivalry and in Hinckley, Leicester/Coventry is the main.

However, although the SW Leicestershire fans will refer to you lot as 'scum'. There will be a lot of our fans who will categorise you with Peterborough, a smaller club (obviously you're significantly bigger than Posh) that hates us but we're not really bothered.

To sum up, it's Forest, Derby and then Coventry.

Good luck, against Crawley next year ;)

CovFan

I'm looking more forward to the tricky first round Johnstones paint trophy north match against Port Vale.

I was just perusing your forum and I noticed there had been a couple of threads regarding the legitimacy of the 'M69 Derby'.
Now, from your perspective, it seems that you consider Villa your main rivals with us a close second and that seems a rather black and white situation.

Regarding Forest and Derby, we see them as our main rivals with the former the fiercer of the two. But as you're probably aware we're a distant second to both clubs and it falls under an odd case of them playing our rivalries down and us bigging them up. When we're secondary rivals to both clubs. However, geography comes in to it too. If you live in Melton Mowbray or Loughborough, Forest/Leicester is the main rivalry. In Coalville, Leicester/Derby is the main rivalry and in Hinckley, Leicester/Coventry is the main.

However, although the SW Leicestershire fans will refer to you lot as 'scum'. There will be a lot of our fans who will categorise you with Peterborough, a smaller club (obviously you're significantly bigger than Posh) that hates us but we're not really bothered.

ha ha, a smaller club?, now i was always told to judge trophies and apart from micky mouse cups uve NEVER won a MAJOR trophy, unlike us who have the biggest club competition in britain to our name, so fact is we see u as a joke, fuck all, uve never won fuck all

@richh87

A smaller club? Er f*ck off moron! :jerkit:

Fox46

ha ha, a smaller club?, now i was always told to judge trophies and apart from micky mouse cups uve NEVER won a MAJOR trophy, unlike us who have the biggest club competition in britain to our name, so fact is we see u as a joke, fuck all, uve never won fuck all

http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/aboutab.../historical-ranking-of-english-football-clubs

Plus, we have far greater attendances. We've only left the top two tiers once and we won the league.

We're a bigger club. No question.

Fox46

http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/aboutab.../historical-ranking-of-english-football-clubs

Plus, we have far greater attendances. We've only left the top two tiers once and we won the league.

We're a bigger club. No question.

Fox46

I'm deluded?

Let's look at your club, shall we?

Coventry City, the sole club of Coventry, one of the most populous cities in the country, currently drawing 13,000 for home games and only 15,000 home fans for your biggest game of the season.
You may be bottom of the table but Leicester City, drew 20,000 in League One with the country's biggest Rugby Union team on our doorstep.

We've only ever left the top two tiers of English football once... and we won the league. You're heading back and never returning.

You've won one major trophy. We've won three.

You've only ever been sixth in the top flight, we've finished runners up.

Your biggest icon is that Jimmy bloke with the massive chin. Us? Lineker, Banks, Shilton etc.

You go on to the street of any city barring Coventry and Leicester and which of our clubs would be better known. We both know the answer.

You're biggest achievement is propping up 15 other teams in the top flight for 30 years.

and I thought some of our fans suffered from delusions of grandeur... Unbelievable.

You were bound to get a few bites, by joining a 'rival' club's forum. If you can try to rise above petty and irrelevant squabbles, I will tell you a few truths. We know the level of rivalry for Leicester depends on the location of the fan. We know the consensus is that we are less of a rival than Forest or Derby. We don't give a fuck. Some view you as our main rivals, some view Villa. It depends on the age of the supporter and the frequency of the fixtures. You don't give a fuck. This was a dull thread to start with and you are getting stuck in to a little squabble now which highlights the fact you are the sort of punter who deliberately joins another club's forum to try to have a little wind up. You, Sir, are cool. If things don't work out on this thread, can we maybe be penpals?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I never said that.
:facepalm:
There will be a lot of our fans who will categorise you with Peterborough, a smaller club (obviously you're significantly bigger than Posh) that hates us but we're not really bothered.

You categorised the majority of Leicester fans not caring about us but you still take the time to post on our board.

Tbh Leicester's failure this season has been worse than ours in terms of pre season expectation so not sure what you are trying to achieve here :thinking about:

Johnnythespider

Hang on a minute you say you've won the league and then you say you've finished runner up in the top flight which is it, back to your op about rivalries, i regard you as i did the piles that appeared on my wifes arse after childberth, nothing more than a pain in the backside. Will always be villa for me as i remember playing them twice a year for 37 years.
I'm deluded?

Let's look at your club, shall we?

Coventry City, the sole club of Coventry, one of the most populous cities in the country, currently drawing 13,000 for home games and only 15,000 home fans for your biggest game of the season.
You may be bottom of the table but Leicester City, drew 20,000 in League One with the country's biggest Rugby Union team on our doorstep.

We've only ever left the top two tiers of English football once... and we won the league. You're heading back and never returning.

You've won one major trophy. We've won three.

You've only ever been sixth in the top flight, we've finished runners up.

Your biggest icon is that Jimmy bloke with the massive chin. Us? Lineker, Banks, Shilton etc.

You go on to the street of any city barring Coventry and Leicester and which of our clubs would be better known. We both know the answer.

You're biggest achievement is propping up 15 other teams in the top flight for 30 years.

and I thought some of our fans suffered from delusions of grandeur... Unbelievable.

Fox46

You were bound to get a few bites, by joining a 'rival' club's forum. If you can try to rise above petty and irrelevant squabbles, I will tell you a few truths. We know the level of rivalry for Leicester depends on the location of the fan. We know the consensus is that we are less of a rival than Forest or Derby. We don't give a fuck. Some view you as our main rivals, some view Villa. It depends on the age of the supporter and the frequency of the fixtures. You don't give a fuck. This was a dull thread to start with and you are getting stuck in to a little squabble now which highlights the fact you are the sort of punter who deliberately joins another club's forum to try to have a little wind up. You, Sir, are cool. If things don't work out on this thread, can we maybe be penpals?

No, I posted because I saw an argument on of your threads regarding us.

Cynicism.

Fox46

You categorised the majority of Leicester fans not caring about us but you still take the time to post on our board.

Tbh Leicester's failure this season has been worse than ours in terms of pre season expectation so not sure what you are trying to achieve here :thinking about:

Well no it isn't because we're not going won.

I said SOME FANS will say that. I didn't say it was my sentiment. Christ.

Fox46

Hang on a minute you say you've won the league and then you say you've finished runner up in the top flight which is it, back to your op about rivalries, i regard you as i did the piles that appeared on my wifes arse after childberth, nothing more than a pain in the backside. Will always be villa for me as i remember playing them twice a year for 37 years.

Villa don't care about you. I know several Villa fans, never once mentioned you, always banging on about Brum and the Baggies.

Yes, we won League One. It was 3 years ago, can you remember that long ago?

Brighton Sky Blue

Good luck buying the title with crook Thai money. Enjoy your visit to the Amex? ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well no it isn't because we're not going won.

I said SOME FANS will say that. I didn't say it was my sentiment. Christ.
You said "a lot" i.e "most" "majority"

Where are you not going? I don't understand this slang you use in Leicester.

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Fox46

You said "a lot" i.e "most" "majority"

Where are you not going? I don't understand this slang you use in Leicester.

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

So you just assumed I was in the majority? I don't care that much, I do hate Peterborough more than you, but that's for personal reasons.

Haha! I was already preparing to reply to another post! :facepalm:

We're not going down is what I was trying to say. :wave:

Brighton Sky Blue

Haha! :p

I didn't make that one! Picked Norwich in the cup instead... good choice... I hope.

Ridiculous red for Beckford :(

Albion are my second team, as you can guess ;) A club that's brought itself up from the point of oblivion, ground problems for years, all the rest of it-and they've not had a set of sugar daddies doing it either. That's my gripe with Leicester, more than simple geography-it's that if/when you go up, it's not because you've done it the Brighton way, it's because you've thrown a *lot* of someone else's money at it, while Cov toil away on a pittance.

skybluesteve76

So you just assumed I was in the majority? I don't care that much, I do hate Peterborough more than you, but that's for personal reasons.

Haha! I was already preparing to reply to another post! :facepalm:

We're not going down is what I was trying to say. :wave:

Correction: you are going down...... On your sister!
Now fuck off

All the best

@richh87

I genuinely didn't know there was a rivalry with Leicester until they came up under O'Neill.

Makes me laugh now that no matter how much money they spend they achieve nothing. :D

changing-man

really surprised more festa fans havent been here before now,it not like their boards were invaded by cov fans when they were heading for relegation :D..but as someone said, their disappointment this season far outweighs ours in terms of pre season optimism..where as most cov fans were expecting relegation this year,festa were saying they would be promoted by xmas....:facepalm:

Fox46

Albion are my second team, as you can guess ;) A club that's brought itself up from the point of oblivion, ground problems for years, all the rest of it-and they've not had a set of sugar daddies doing it either. That's my gripe with Leicester, more than simple geography-it's that if/when you go up, it's not because you've done it the Brighton way, it's because you've thrown a *lot* of someone else's money at it, while Cov toil away on a pittance.

We've down it like that before.

But fair enough, I get your point. You can't honestly say you'd turn down the chance if it was given to Coventry though...

Skyblueweeman

Leicester are only better of than us financially because they cheated the fecking system on administration about 8 or 9 years ago. You got away with poor financial management and administration scot free.

Users who are viewing this thread