Leicester (3 Viewers)

LastGarrison

I went to a few games around 2005/2006 as, and it pains me to say it, met a really sound Leicester lad at Euro 2004 so used to have a few beers with him and his mates before the games (one of his mates was a solicitor who was used by a lot of the BS).

One year we were going back to the station and on a wall near by we were met with a massive spray painted sign that said ‘Cov cunts die’.

Simple and effective I thought.

Nuskyblue

Yeah, they definitely were it stopped us getting going. I was right next to them though.

It did go fairly quiet after the winnwr went in.
I was on the left and it seemed quiet, you must have been on the right which is next to their noisy section, I can only recall hearing us (I think!).

pusbccfc

it's the Myth of the "great" Leicester support

File under other nonsense such as Hackers going to games or the fact he has seen a woman naked in real life.

After a 30k crowd on Saturday, we'll be averaging more this season than Leicester did the year they go promoted to the Premier League.

Croad LE2

Irrelevant. You lot bang on about our attendances when in reality, before the PL promotion were no different.
I might be wrong but I don’t think he’s on about attendances.
He’s saying rather than have a bit of craic on here the Leicester on this thread should be turning up at your boozer
Apologies if I’ve read it wrong

SHUNT31

I might be wrong but I don’t think he’s on about attendances.
He’s saying rather than have a bit of craic on here the Leicester on this thread should be turning up at your boozer
Apologies if I’ve read it wrong
Yeah my bad. Point still stands though 😂

Covkid1968#

A bit rich, possibly coming from somelne who comes from Stivichal!
I lived in Husbands Bosworth for 12 years. It is actually famous for 2 things.

1. the last witches in England to be burned were done so there.
2. When the Bridget Jones writers needed a character they blind folded someone and they stick a pin in a map of the UK. Mrs Husband’s Bosworth is one of the people at the party.

Other than that it’s full of inbreds. The biggest cockhole is the Leics fan who ran on the pitch and chinned the spurs keeper. I say chinned…it was a pathetic attempt by an overweight sister shagging prick.

Covkid1968#

It was the Barras pub not the club

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yeah good call… still very funny to think those pricks could walk in and act like they did.

Covkid1968#

Travs

I met a decent group of Leicester fans in Rhodes a while back. It was the year we beat Barnsley 4-1 away first game of season.

Walked in a bar to watch opening day scores and there was a Leicester flag above the door, walked in with Cov top on and immediately took a load of abuse. Particularly when then found out i was from Bedworth (it was shortly after the friday night Cov Leicester game where their firm turned up on the train in Bedworth and there was some trouble)

Abuse continued as we strolled to victory, and Leicester contrived to lose to (i think) Blackpool.

To be fair, they then bought me a couple of drinks and i went out with them that night to watch Villa lose on tv.

I've also got a relative who worked at LCFC (she is from a die-hard CCFC family, but married to a guy from Leicester).

WestEndAgro

I met a decent group of Leicester fans in Rhodes a while back. It was the year we beat Barnsley 4-1 away first game of season.

Walked in a bar to watch opening day scores and there was a Leicester flag above the door, walked in with Cov top on and immediately took a load of abuse. Particularly when then found out i was from Bedworth (it was shortly after the friday night Cov Leicester game where their firm turned up on the train in Bedworth and there was some trouble)

Abuse continued as we strolled to victory, and Leicester contrived to lose to (i think) Blackpool.

To be fair, they then bought me a couple of drinks and i went out with them that night to watch Villa lose on tv.

I've also got a relative who worked at LCFC (she is from a die-hard CCFC family, but married to a guy from Leicester).
go on bull GIF

Robinshio

FFs its a football match - Dick waving from both sides is just hysterical - Every leicester and cov fan will have friends who support the opponents , so banter is great - but anything more than that belongs in the 80s

bigfatronssba

Outside of Leicester it’s the 21st century, hexes, spells and black magic are mostly seen on something called the television these days.

East Midlands TV is still broadcast in black & white on 405 lines so Leicester folk struggle to get compatible TV sets.

GIMOC

Not here to wind anybody up , just giving my honest response to this messsge
I don’t know whether you were actually around and at any or all the matches in question or or going on what you’ve heard but I’ve been at all but a couple of our meetings since 1976 home and away and hands up I have nearly always been in the right place at the right time to give my honest recollections.
The 70s were the 70s , scarves , too many buttons on your trousers and piss and spit back and forth in The West End.
Agro outside pubs on the way into HR , 77 Cov getting a corner of our Kop as overflow “Save all your bottles etc”
I knew Cov well from 79-81 as I was at building college for 3 years , Winfrey Building , The Butts opposite The Hertford and Hen and Chickens. Early 81 we came over on the X69 and took the Silver Sword early then ran amok .Was tasty afterwards around Pool Meadow, very tasty .
We got relegated so no matches in 82
Some of yours tagged on with us in early 83 , BamBam, Scotty included and they couldn’t believe how many lads we had at the time
Maybe 300 while you had about 50 young dressers. Things got nasty between 83-85
We still had too many numbers but Cov was as I already knew a dangerous place to get caught out.
I was on the pitch in 84
The 5-1 game just before Xmas we were waiting in town but sane as it’s always been you wouldn’t venture into our City Centre.
we made our way to the ground in drubs and drabs and basically Cov did a number on us around Uppertimon/Narborough Road.
a few fat lips and broken noses as early Crimbo presents.
Now anybody who ever tries to make out any different to what I’m going to say about afterwards wasn’t there or is dreaming.
The aforementioned 300 or so BS had all made their way up to the top of Upperton Road by the tame the match finished. As for you lot having it off around the ground and near the canal you migh have, I was up the road with our lot.
we saw you bouncing up Upoerton Road and about 30 of us stop in sight , you were loving it ….. for about 30 seconds until the side strret emptied out in front of you and kicked ( literally)
back down the road, you split up , you legged it.
One of ours had to stand over one of yours to protect him from taking anymore , I think he’d done time with him (Basher I think he was called)
You were ruined
After that not a lot until you came to Leicester and plotted up in The Charny , good mob you had that day.
I was on the Foleshill Road with our lot for that Bellamy Sunday game. Didn’t have a ticket so shot back up the 69 to watch it at home. Glad I did cos I was with those lads that got done in that boozer in Stoke while the game was on.
They said it was hairy.
Since those days who cares?
City Arms, no thanks.
I dud nearly get a crowbar in my head in Exhallin 2006 when I was in the doorway of a boozer “The something Bull “ and a car load of lunatics piled out and went mental !
Respect.

honest account.

over the years weve had great battles with the BS. the past 20 years cov have had the upper hand which your lot will know full well.

basher is still alive and kicking, back in the 70’s & 80’s it wasn’t a game for the faint hearted. a bad day for us was late 90’s. we were coming back from Derby and we stopped of at Leicester coming back. FB thought it would be a good idea to give you lot a call prior. bad decision by him as you managed to get the whole city out. we arrived in leicester and got chased everywhere. all fun back then. the Sunday game was eventful. good friend of mine sent down for the Sunday game. I dont bother with the scene now and havent since 2005 but always keep in touch with the boys

Croad LE2

honest account.

over the years weve had great battles with the BS. the past 20 years cov have had the upper hand which your lot will know full well.

basher is still alive and kicking, back in the 70’s & 80’s it wasn’t a game for the faint hearted. a bad day for us was late 90’s. we were coming back from Derby and we stopped of at Leicester coming back. FB thought it would be a good idea to give you lot a call prior. bad decision by him as you managed to get the whole city out. we arrived in leicester and got chased everywhere. all fun back then. the Sunday game was eventful. good friend of mine sent down for the Sunday game. I dont bother with the scene now and havent since 2005 but always keep in touch with the boys
Very good post.
To anybody thinking you( or me) is glorifying it you are wrong. It’s just how it was. You getting chased all over the West end of Leicester is the same as some of ours getting a pasting in The Barras, sometimes you had it off and sometimes you paid four bravado. Que Sera.
One thing was for sure , Cov /Leicester was never ever dull.
Cov do seem to have woken up to football as a City these past 6 years or so and fair play on that.

bigfatronssba

Very good post.
To anybody thinking you( or me) is glorifying it you are wrong. It’s just how it was. You getting chased all over the West end of Leicester is the same as some of ours getting a pasting in The Barras, sometimes you had it off and sometimes you paid four bravado. Que Sera.
One thing was for sure , Cov /Leicester was never ever dull.
Cov do seem to have woken up to football as a City these past 6 years or so and fair play on that.

It’s more come back to life rather than woken up.

In 2017 our club was dead.

If in May 2017 you had told us that 6 years later we’d be a penalty kick away from the premier league they would’ve thought you were on something.

Many of the 45k that watched us at the FLT final in April 2017 treated it as a goodbye. As it was impossible to see how the club could ever recover from the position it was in

pusbccfc

It’s more come back to life rather than woken up.

In 2017 our club was dead.

If in May 2017 you had told us that 6 years later we’d be a penalty kick away from the premier league they would’ve thought you were on something.

Many of the 45k that watched us at the FLT final in April 2017 treated it as a goodbye. As it was impossible to see how the club could ever recover from the position it was in

True but we also finally grew as a club.

We had our issues at the worst possible time when football was growing at a rapid rate. 2001 was a dreadful time to get relegated from the PL and the late 00s were the worst time to have the issues we did.

Football is bigger than ever in the UK and we have finally caught up because we are playing in Coventry at a decent level

Brighton Sky Blue

True but we also finally grew as a club.

We had our issues at the worst possible time when football was growing at a rapid rate. 2001 was a dreadful time to get relegated from the PL and the late 00s were the worst time to have the issues we did.

Football is bigger than ever in the UK and we have finally caught up because we are playing in Coventry at a decent level
The club for most of the past 20 odd years has been operating with both hands tied behind its back. It feels like this is the first season that hasn’t been the case and we’re now seeing what it can do on a level playing field.

pusbccfc

The club for most of the past 20 odd years has been operating with both hands tied behind its back. It feels like this is the first season that hasn’t been the case and we’re now seeing what it can do on a level playing field.

I still maintain that by 2016, we were the worst football club in England to support. It's no surprise that gates were around 10,000.

honestken

Tickets suddenly available

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109_121238_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109_121238_Samsung Internet.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread