Leicester (3 Viewers)

pusbccfc

AndreasB

Hackneyfox is ok in a smug way. Doubt we will hear from this year again post Saturday. Could have done without him bringing his mate Rise of The Footsoldier with him though

bigfatronssba

I still maintain that by 2016, we were the worst football club in England to support. It's no surprise that gates were around 10,000.

No top 6 finish in 51 years. No club can retain its support with a stat like that.
Also before anyone points out that 30 of those years were in the top division, remember that the novelty of losing to the big clubs every week wore off in about 1978

pusbccfc

No top 6 finish in 51 years. No club can retain its support with a stat like that.
Also before anyone points out that 30 of those years were in the top division, remember that the novelty of losing to the big clubs every week wore off in about 1978

And factoring in the fact we were forced to play in Northampton just before.

It was horrid.

CovInEssex

Where is the coverage?

I stand by what I said. I wouldn't trade my memories over the past few years for a Premier League title if it means our support is as naff as Leicester's is now.

Whilst I can see your point regarding 'proper' support and the sterile support up the road, they literally won the league and FA cup. I'd trade those accomplishments for anything.

Boicey

honest account.

over the years weve had great battles with the BS. the past 20 years cov have had the upper hand which your lot will know full well.

basher is still alive and kicking, back in the 70’s & 80’s it wasn’t a game for the faint hearted. a bad day for us was late 90’s. we were coming back from Derby and we stopped of at Leicester coming back. FB thought it would be a good idea to give you lot a call prior. bad decision by him as you managed to get the whole city out. we arrived in leicester and got chased everywhere. all fun back then. the Sunday game was eventful. good friend of mine sent down for the Sunday game. I dont bother with the scene now and havent since 2005 but always keep in touch with the boys
Ah fond memories.
I remember sitting in the beer garden of the Stag with my 10 year old daughter pre match, with a few other families about.
A planned fight broke out outside, bottles and glasses used. A group ran into the garden blood all over the place kids crying and mums shouting. But they were told to fook off by the hard lads.
Those we’re the days, right?

robbiethemole

You won't see these fookers again after this weekend, they'll go back to the crisp bowl and play that awful post horn shit to come out to, cos they don't have a club song!!
It reminds me of foxhunts and I know a couple that could do with culling!!

pusbccfc

Whilst I can see your point regarding 'proper' support and the sterile support up the road, they literally won the league and FA cup. I'd trade those accomplishments for anything.

True but I get the point. Our 20 years of on and off the field mess has led us to become more passionate than most. I wouldn't trade that for the two trophies though.

pusbccfc

'When You're Smiling' or some song nicked from Eton?

You're main anthem, written and sung by a range of Americans, has not a word in it linked to your club or city. Bit like Delilah. Great anthem for stoke but the lyrics have zero connection to the club.

PUSB was written over 60 years ago and is a rare chant that is exclusive to one club.

GIMOC

Ah fond memories.
I remember sitting in the beer garden of the Stag with my 10 year old daughter pre match, with a few other families about.
A planned fight broke out outside, bottles and glasses used. A group ran into the garden blood all over the place kids crying and mums shouting. But they were told to fook off by the hard lads.
Those we’re the days, right?

of course you would have took your 10 year old to the stag on matchday. and certainly wouldnt have been families in the pub either. stop with the sarcasm

clint van damme

You're main anthem, written and sung by a range of Americans, has not a word in it linked to your club or city. Bit like Delilah. Great anthem for stoke but the lyrics have zero connection to the club.

PUSB was written over 60 years ago and is a rare chant that is exclusive to one club.

They've certainly missed a trick with Showaddywaddy

David O'Day

of course you would have took your 10 year old to the stag on matchday. and certainly wouldnt have been families in the pub either. stop with the sarcasm
you weren't going games then so what would you know?

hackneyfox

When You're Smiling was written in 1928, so it's older then PUSB and is also exclusive to one club.

pusbccfc

When You're Smiling was written in 1928, so it's older then PUSB and is also exclusive to one club.

But it was written by Americans who can't even say the word Leicester, let alone point to it on a map.

It literally has no meaning relating to Leicester.

pusbccfc

the ones in the corner aren't normally sold, they are normally kept empty in case there they do end with too many people standing in a particular row

Yep, people were kicked out of their ST seats for this.

It's pathetic that they have them shut and then suddenly open them when there's a chance to make a few quid.

SAG can be pushed on these things and should have been years ago.

Gynnsthetonic

My lad is working Saturday so I'm going to have his ST in block 15 and my daughter is having mine in 22, does everyone just sit anywhere or do people actually sit/stand in there designated spot?

David O'Day

My lad is working Saturday so I'm going to have his ST in block 15 and my daughter is having mine in 22, does everyone just sit anywhere or do people actually sit/stand in there designated spot?
we do end up where our seats actually are, with regards to standing it depends on how further back you are

David O'Day

Think he's near the back, don't want to be kicking off with some chav in.my seat, looking forward to standing there for a change
yeah, it'll be standing and the finding people in your seats has really dropped off since the made it harder to get in the corner without a ticket for there

oscillatewildly

Not here to wind anybody up , just giving my honest response to this messsge
I don’t know whether you were actually around and at any or all the matches in question or or going on what you’ve heard but I’ve been at all but a couple of our meetings since 1976 home and away and hands up I have nearly always been in the right place at the right time to give my honest recollections.
The 70s were the 70s , scarves , too many buttons on your trousers and piss and spit back and forth in The West End.
Agro outside pubs on the way into HR , 77 Cov getting a corner of our Kop as overflow “Save all your bottles etc”
I knew Cov well from 79-81 as I was at building college for 3 years , Winfrey Building , The Butts opposite The Hertford and Hen and Chickens. Early 81 we came over on the X69 and took the Silver Sword early then ran amok .Was tasty afterwards around Pool Meadow, very tasty .
We got relegated so no matches in 82
Some of yours tagged on with us in early 83 , BamBam, Scotty included and they couldn’t believe how many lads we had at the time
Maybe 300 while you had about 50 young dressers. Things got nasty between 83-85
We still had too many numbers but Cov was as I already knew a dangerous place to get caught out.
I was on the pitch in 84
The 5-1 game just before Xmas we were waiting in town but sane as it’s always been you wouldn’t venture into our City Centre.
we made our way to the ground in drubs and drabs and basically Cov did a number on us around Uppertimon/Narborough Road.
a few fat lips and broken noses as early Crimbo presents.
Now anybody who ever tries to make out any different to what I’m going to say about afterwards wasn’t there or is dreaming.
The aforementioned 300 or so BS had all made their way up to the top of Upperton Road by the tame the match finished. As for you lot having it off around the ground and near the canal you migh have, I was up the road with our lot.
we saw you bouncing up Upoerton Road and about 30 of us stop in sight , you were loving it ….. for about 30 seconds until the side strret emptied out in front of you and kicked ( literally)
back down the road, you split up , you legged it.
One of ours had to stand over one of yours to protect him from taking anymore , I think he’d done time with him (Basher I think he was called)
You were ruined
After that not a lot until you came to Leicester and plotted up in The Charny , good mob you had that day.
I was on the Foleshill Road with our lot for that Bellamy Sunday game. Didn’t have a ticket so shot back up the 69 to watch it at home. Glad I did cos I was with those lads that got done in that boozer in Stoke while the game was on.
They said it was hairy.
Since those days who cares?
City Arms, no thanks.
I dud nearly get a crowbar in my head in Exhallin 2006 when I was in the doorway of a boozer “The something Bull “ and a car load of lunatics piled out and went mental !
Respect.
Bernie's brown Merc leading a convoy of cars, mini buses and roller shuttered delivery vans from Walsgrave and along the M69 in early 1986 was a hoot.
T'was quite a ferocious day as I recall.

Boicey

We and they were in the beer garden as described.
No wonder you believe in chemttails if you can’t read or comprehend basic English.

Covkid1968#

Very good post.
To anybody thinking you( or me) is glorifying it you are wrong. It’s just how it was. You getting chased all over the West end of Leicester is the same as some of ours getting a pasting in The Barras, sometimes you had it off and sometimes you paid four bravado. Que Sera.
One thing was for sure , Cov /Leicester was never ever dull.
Cov do seem to have woken up to football as a City these past 6 years or so and fair play on that.
They've certainly missed a trick with Showaddywaddy
😂😂😂😂 they fell lucky with Kasabien but prior to that the Teddy boys was the big thing.

Users who are viewing this thread