Let The Banter Commence (1 Viewer)

ccfc luke

If Aidy decides to sign him i think that if marlon is a sucess then the contrversy will dissapear and everyone will be praising Aidy for his man management skills and Marlon for turning his life around. But if he ends up not scoring 10 goals+ then his past will stick in everyones minds and Boothroyd will get a slating from the press/the city support.
Basically its a big gamble.

PUSB

smileycov

Facebook User
Thats why Aidy is the boss, to make gambles.Which is why it his decision alone that counts. He thinks he can do a job for us, and be a posative signing.

that will do for me!! :D

Disorganised1

I have some sympathy with this opinion, but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance. 'To err is human, to forgive is divine' or some such profound quote. I'm sure plenty will forgive him if he does sign and scores for fun!!

Football is not something that exists outside society, it is part of society, though you could forget that when you look at the behaviour of some of our top players who use their money to buy injunctions to cover up their infidelities, urinate on dance floors, hire lawyers to enable them to avoid suffering the consequences of their actions, and think their money entitles them to abuse women.

And it seems they're right ~ cause so many people seem to think that a game is the most important think in life.

redsox

Facebook User
Football is not something that exists outside society, it is part of society, though you could forget that when you look at the behaviour of some of our top players who use their money to buy injunctions to cover up their infidelities, urinate on dance floors, hire lawyers to enable them to avoid suffering the consequences of their actions, and think their money entitles them to abuse women.

And it seems they're right ~ cause so many people seem to think that a game is the most important think in life.

I haven't said that I agree with or condone his actions howeverI am mindful of our journalists' prediliction with,shall we say, making slightly more of a story than is strictly necessary. Especially if that story includes an overpaid , over valued 'star' who has been placed on a pedestal. Very often these transgessors you refer to are young and are paid ridiculous amounts of money and are in the public eye week in week out , whilst this does not and should not excuse their behaviour, it can perhaps help us to understand . I don't know about you, but I'm glad that some of my behaviour from years gone by is not subject to the scrutiny & exaggeration from the gentlemen of the press. I do not disagree at all with your point , however we all make mistakes, do stupid things and do things we are not proud of. Maybe, just maybe, Marlon King has learned a lesson and done his time and equally maybe we should give him a second chance :)

Users who are viewing this thread