Let's Talk About Football (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Where you were 26 years ago today? I was here:

1-F.A-Cup-Final-001.jpg

TheRoyalScam

You were in the goal?;)

I was behind that goal with my brother-in-law and a sea of sky blue flags!:D

singers_pore

I was also behind that goal about half way up the upper standing area. I've only been to Wembley twice - both times to watch Cov.

torchomatic

As you look at the picture I was top right , in the corner, way up. It was a brilliant view.

ajsccfc

I was playing football in the street, as there were absolutely no cars driving around so we got a magic game in.

torchomatic

I've been twice to watch football, just when we played and once to watch American Football. Anyone remember the London Monarchs?

I was also behind that goal about half way up the upper standing area. I've only been to Wembley twice - both times to watch Cov.

torchomatic

I love Chris Hughton's face on that picture.

Otis

I was in the Royal Box.

The Queen didn't feel a thing.

Actually, directly opposite the Royal Box, smack bang on the half way line.

torchomatic

Wow, must have been a good view. Were you sitting?

I was in the Royal Box.

The Queen didn't feel a thing.

Actually, directly opposite the Royal Box, smack bang on the half way line.

Skybluechick

I was on tour with the wonderstuff n pop will eat itself, 2 indi bands and some of em supported villa and they all had cov tops on (I wudnt hav worn a villa one if they got thru which was the deal!) n we watched it in a hotel bar ;) great times gutted I wasn't their tho had a great gig that night was plastered ;)

Snouty72

Was sat near the half way line lower tier, opposite royal box. A mix of sky blue and spurs fans. Origionally had tickets to stand in spurs end but didnt realise until we got to stadium so swapped them with some spurs fans. Still gives me goosebumps... Oh happy days!:D

skybluelee

I was next to the left wing corner flag of the end we were attacking in the 2nd half. Wish I had been older than 11 so that I could have properly appreciated the size of our achievement.

At 10:03 our train would have been getting close to Waterloo.

ajsccfc

Well Mr. Poynton done it
The Sky Blues had won it
With John Sillett clucking all the while
Mabbutt's interception made us smile
While Killer lay unconscious on the barroom tile

We're talkin' football
From Southampton to Lymm
Talkin' football
Phillips and Micky Gynn
Dave Bennett's grotesquely swollen jaw
Greg Downs and his run-in with the law
We're talkin' Houchen... Oggy and McGrath

[video=youtube;ZkpyZws4bJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkpyZws4bJ8[/video]

Moff

As you look at the picture I was top right , in the corner, way up. It was a brilliant view.

And me, good view especially of Houchens goal.

Hope you werent as close to the pissed up Spurs fans in the block as I was. Still after hearing them yawping on all game, it was great to see them leave after Mabbutts og (yes they left before the end) and ven funnier to see one fall down the steps like a muppet.

Moff

I was on tour with the wonderstuff n pop will eat itself, 2 indi bands and some of em supported villa and they all had cov tops on (I wudnt hav worn a villa one if they got thru which was the deal!) n we watched it in a hotel bar ;) great times gutted I wasn't their tho had a great gig that night was plastered ;)

Two bands I remember well, and saw them both live.
Were you touring with them and playing? or working on the tour crew?

MichaelCCFC

Torch, great thread to start to take our mind off current situation. Since '87 I've got married, had three kids, lived abroad and dobne all sorts of things but seeing us win at Wembley and then that night back in Cov is still the happiest day of my life!

deanocity3

I was there and can't remember anything about the match.Only memory I have was see Tony Wall from King,and how quiet we all were coming out of wembley,I remember going on the Hinckley/Ansty road
and everyone tooting their car horns,brilliant.I think I was in shock

Paxman II

Torch, great thread to start to take our mind off current situation. Since '87 I've got married, had three kids, lived abroad and dobne all sorts of things but seeing us win at Wembley and then that night back in Cov is still the happiest day of my life!

Seriously?

quinn1971

I was there as a 5 month old foetus. That counts. Plus, didn't have to pay for a ticket; view wasn't much cop mind.

Watched the game with my old man in folly lane club on london rd.Was only 15 but think I sneaked a couple of beers in.stood on the London rd watching them all come back.Great day .:)

Users who are viewing this thread