Letter from SISU to the fans (1 Viewer)

Sub

i think they have relised that the fans think ken is a :jerkit::jerkit: and even if he told us that the sky was blue we would still go and check !!!! So there is no trust there so they thought they would try another aproach and spin the crap another way :facepalm::facepalm::thinking about:

valiant15

I see the scabs are crawling out of the woodwork.One signing and a bullshit letter and your all dancing the sisu tune.How utterly predictable and sad.:facepalm:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Atleast they now 'say' they see us as a football club before a business!!
In the Onye interview he kept interchanging the words, one second we want to build a successful football club alongside the supporters and the next they want to continue to grow as a business.

Skybluedar

I see the scabs are crawling out of the woodwork.One signing and a bullshit letter and your all dancing the sisu tune.How utterly predictable and sad.:facepalm:

I am not saying that I am all for SISU. I am saying that with them acknowledging what has gone wrong and vying to put it right, well lets wait and see what happens. If another offer comes in (and I would love it to), perhaps now that SISU are stating that they want to remain in control, perhaps it might be more substantial. If we hear no more from Onye for the rest of the season, my reading of it will be that admin is looming...

valiant15

If thats your opinion then fine.I dont think anything will change,why would it now? If there is no kind of protest against derby then they will be laughing their bollox off and will be thinking that were a right bunch of mugs.

covkid69

did ken doolally not come out with the same drivel when he took over as chairman and now iggy pop has had to come out and say the same crap...:p

Godiva

This letter has me confused (perhaps confusing the supporters is the basic idea of the letter!). When I first read it, it seemed to be just a long winded way of saying 'don't blame SISU, it's not our fault - all the problems were caused by someone else'. However, being someone who is always ready to give the benefit of the doubt, I thought that maybe a corner has been turned, and that SISU really do want success for the club (albeit for their own reasons) and are trying to open a meaningful dialogue with us fans. Then again, I am sure that the timing of the letter is no coincidence - fears of losing Juke & Sammy have been allayed, and we have signed a striker who could do very well for us partnered with Juke. Perhaps Iggy Oggy is trying to play on the feel good factor of that signing.

Another thing that puzzles me is why it was not written by Ken Dildo. Have SISU finally realised that he is just not trusted?

Did the letter come at this time to take the wind out of the sails of those planning a protest at the Derby game?

There are questions to be answered.:thinking about:

The letter was written by SISU - Ken is NOT sisu, he's the chairman.

You are right about timing not being coincidental - they waited till after the transfer deadline to show they are actually trying to strengthen the squad at AT's requests. They never had any intention of selling half the squad as was the consensus on this board.

So the letter is actually not the first sign of sisu having a long term plan - it was the second sign.

The third sign will be delivering on the loan player promisses. Hopefully by then even the thickest die hard protester will finally give in and accept our best option right now is to support the team and not to drive a wedge between the owners, the board and the rest of the club.

This stampede of mindless creatures blind to the surroundings simply has to stop.

JGazebo

Ok lets have a whip round on the forum and see if we can raise £30m to keep the club running for a while. I'll start with £20.

Next?

kg82

If SISU brought in Mourinho as manager, and had signed Ronaldo, Rooney and John Terry yesterday there would still be people saying that it was just a stunt to try and keep us happy for a few weeks before we were sucked into the abyss.

CUFFS!

Erm, yes. Of course all Coventry fans would be knocking at the gates of the Ricoh with torches and pitchforks if that happened :facepalm:

Otis

The letter was written by SISU - Ken is NOT sisu, he's the chairman.

You are right about timing not being coincidental - they waited till after the transfer deadline to show they are actually trying to strengthen the squad at AT's requests. They never had any intention of selling half the squad as was the consensus on this board.

So the letter is actually not the first sign of sisu having a long term plan - it was the second sign.

The third sign will be delivering on the loan player promisses. Hopefully by then even the thickest die hard protester will finally give in and accept our best option right now is to support the team and not to drive a wedge between the owners, the board and the rest of the club.

This stampede of mindless creatures blind to the surroundings simply has to stop.

"They waited till after the transfer deadline to show they are actually trying to strengthen the squad at AT's requests. They never had any intention of selling half the squad as was the consensus on this board. "

You would make a great politician. This was NOT the consensus of this board. Because a few people thought we may sell a few players does not make it a consensus. Check back on the posts. Think a fair few thought that maybe either Clingan or Juke would go and one or two thought they would both go, but there was no consensus of people saying we would lose half our squad!!

Blindly following Sisu is just as bad. Why for so many people does it half to be blakc or white? Tis either Sisu are wankers and Hoffman is the golden child or we should back Sisu and Hoffman is full of shit! Too much us and them out there.

I'm not pro-Hoffman, nor am I totally opposed and against Sisu either.

Skybluedar

Ah yeah but there will be a protest at Derby anyway. I think it's actions that the fans will want, not mere words. They NEED 2 (minimum) loan players in. Even if they are talented kids from PL clubs to boost the squad. McEachran off Chelsea (might be difficult), Liverpool have a rake of midfield kids who would love some experience (google Suso if you get a chance). I am more hoping that SISU can prove that they are in it for the long term. The last 6 months have beet gutwrenching. The worst Summer I can remember as a Cov fan. Change is needed, and fast. The firesale predicted didn't happen. We signed a striker. We gave Cardiff a bargain and as much as I think big Ben is an awesome CB, we have more than sufficient cover there. Striker was what was needed to give us a hope of survival. People already pondering what if he doesn't score. What if what if.... The guy is a natural goalscorer. Has shown he has ability and comes to Cov with a point to prove, he is not 20 years old. I think he will prove to be a bargain. Interesting to see how Le Fondre does at Reading.

shmmeee

There is a big dig at previous management of the club esp on contracts.

So why haven't the CURRENT management offered Sammy a new deal?

They have. ALL players out of contract at the end of the season have been offered new ones. Only Bell and McPake have signed.

Of course you will say they should be offered more money (reports fromLeeds suggest Clingan wants £15k a week) and then were back to the break even versus speculate to accumulate debate.

Otis

We shouldn't pay any player 15k a week.

We are right to have a sensible wage budget.

Dear Supporter,

We at SISU have noticed opposition toward us slowly gathering pace, we've decided to put out a letter full of lies to keep you turning up.

Kind regards,

Onye Igwe

SISU Capital Private Equity.

bishbosh

The letter loses its credibility right away as a form of communication; blame the previous regime, blame the people who showed an interest in buying the club - blame everyone. That isn't communication that is school play-ground 'he said, she said' crap. A bunch of 4 year olds could communicate with the fans better.

I'm sorry but I do not buy it at all. When I think about communication and transparency I would expect more than mud slinging and statements of the obvious (transfer deals that have gone through) and some vague outline of some sort of turn around. It is possible to give some reasonable details without compromising the nitty gritty fine detail that we probably don't need to know.

Covstu

well i thimk they have an impossible task to overturn the supporters opinion however if they did find investment and started signing players that would certainly make that difference. Personally feel that at least they have acknowldged that they have not been communicting in the right way and started by doing something however words are cheap, the proof will be in their next actions.

shmmeee

The crazy thing is it's perfectly consistent with everything they've said since coming to the fore after Randon went.

It's not nice to have to go through this cuts exercise, but it's necessary. Paradoxically I'm a Labour supporter who oppose government cuts but agrees with the course City are taking. Any Tories out there that hate SISU?

cloughie

the big thing for me is that it doesnt mention clouting and dulux - apart from saying things were not done properly

I think sisu will take a more active role, reading this - and these clowns may not be part of the future -

Sorry to say they mention the previous management as being the problem ie RR and a new management now sorting it out. The clown and dulux will stay unfortunately.

cloughie

Some people are unbeleivable. Nearly everything people asked for they have got and yet people still moan!! Mistakes have been acknowledged, a statement of where the club is at is there, hoped for loan players coming in, best players not sold, need i go on. The timing of the letter has nothing to do with 'being scared' its being done to tell people what they wanted to know and yet still it isnt good enough. Time for these so-called fans to get a grip and stop their constant whinging.

How gullible some people can be

davebart

It is hard to believe this letter is from Sisu. It reads more like a parody. It shows how little they understand football fans, but there can be little doubt that it is prompted by fears of a protest at Derby.

But I cannot see how they will ever deliberately put the club into Admin. They would have surely done it long ago when it was clear they couldn't make money and were only ever likely to lose more. They clearly do blame GH JE and RR for getting them into this situation and I wonder whether they suspect those three, who have been on the board during much of SISU's tenure, continually misrepresented the true position of the club. Whether true or not.

I think RR sold the whole idea of investing in CCFC to SISU and because they know F all about football fell for it. It must be a bitter pill to swallow.

These are hard nosed b*stards, even KD, and will surely see that they cannot afford to let the club slide down a division, but they will not throw money at the problem. That is simply not their way. It is not how they do business.

Their plan must be to buy a stake in the ground. If they do that they can borrow against it. The problem as I see it is that the council has a duty to every single taxpayer in Coventry, not just CCFC fans and so must ensure the deal is good for all, not just SISU.

I am not against protesting but I do wonder what it is intended or likely to achieve? And why now, surely to time to protest was before SISU saved the club from admin, they are hedge fund/venture capitalists for chrissakes, they rip the heart out of businesses. That is how their business 'model' works. But they are clearly afraid of the protest possibly because their investors would, as a consequence, pull the plug.

But I sincerely look forward to Cody and Juke setting up a formidable strike partnership. PUSB.

Last edited:

georgehudson

davebart, bloody well right mate, let's all swing this sisu lot together on the nearest gallows, 'gibbet hill' i suggest,
had more than enough of their perpetual drivel,
oh the think tank of (sisu) spring into action, hey we could write a letter to attempt to appease,
tosh !
true Sky Blues want 'forwards' not sideways, or backwards, all sisu offer is a series of tired platitudes, with i may add, ZERO knowledge of football,
sisu, have the good grace to leave, acknowledge your shortcomings, and hand the club back to COVENTRY CITY, after all it is our passion, & you HAVE NONE.

J

Jack Griffin

CENSORSHIP?

I think I had a comment I posted on the Telegraph website in response to the statement removed because it "violated terms & conditions"
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...re-committed-to-coventry-city-92746-29344156/

This is the general gist of what I said.. I was careful not to directly accuse SISU of lying, instead I said I believed thay the truth was otherwise, same thing really, but I never claimed to know the truth, just that I didn't believe them & plenty of people have said that! Did I get close to the truth with my speculation, maybe. I can't prove anything & have no evidence, I'm just saying what I think has happened.. just does not happen to agree with Mr Igwes story.. :p

Oh come on Mr Igwe, this won't wash, you were on the board during Ray Ransons tenure.
I don't believe that you didn't know the situation with player contracts.
Any directors who were compedent would get projections from the management about player contracts & injuries.
I chose not to believe your version of events, I believe that SISU blocked RR from extending contracts & signing new players towards the end his time at the club..resulting in the weak squad we have today..

rob9872

Did you all get this emailed or in the post? I've not had mine yet.

gally9

Tbf, on companies house there is a document that states a charge on all the land on the leamington road has been satisfied. I have bought the document so if anyone wants it pm me. I'm pretty sure it means it's no longer mortgaged but you might want to take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread