Letters of complaint (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Event Feedback Hotline
Give us your feedback from your visit to the Ricoh Arena by e-mailing [email protected] or calling our hotline on 0844 873 6535.

Found this on the Ricoh Arean website. If, as was suggested after the last home game, the stewarding of games is the responsibility of CCFC and not ACL might be worth a mail to see what response you get. Can't imagine ACL will want to get a bad rep off the back of heavy handed stewarding.

Found this on the Ricoh Arean website. If, as was suggested after the last home game, the stewarding of games is the responsibility of CCFC and not ACL might be worth a mail to see what response you get. Can't imagine ACL will want to get a bad rep off the back of heavy handed stewarding.

Thanks for the email addy Dave. Another email just sent.

covkid69

I'll have a go as well, might be as Dave says worth it as they don't want a bad rep.

This statement on CCFC is just hilarious.

have just read the statement on the offal and it did tickle me a bit.
we need to find out the cause says mr trouting....errrr look at your orange suited gorillas you numpty and you'll find the bloody cause....:jerkit::jerkit:

Zorro

Areas of responsibilities

comments have been made about stewards` behaviour outside the Ricoh Arena, it would be good to know where the stewards`responsibilities end.
Where are the public areas and who employs the match day stewards.
i would also like to know what powers they have regarding removing items ie banners :confused::confused:

Last edited:

Glenn Storer

have just read the statement on the offal and it did tickle me a bit.
we need to find out the cause says mr trouting....errrr look at your orange suited gorillas you numpty and you'll find the bloody cause....:jerkit::jerkit:

To be fair, I've nailed my colours to the mast on another post regarding this. The massive trouble in 15-16, wasn't actually due to Stewards. The tension perhaps caused by their reaction to the banners was the preliminary cause, but the scenes of fans tumbling down the stairs and the fights were caused by the Police.

The chap asked why he had no identity numbers on and it just escalated very quickly due to aggressive policing.

Glenn Storer

Oh ho!

West Midlands Police have replied to me.

Glenn

Thank you for your e mail and photograph.

The matter you refer to is being invesigated, could you please supply a contact phone number & address as we may wish to speak to you in more detail.

Thank You

Kerry Blakeman
Chief Inspector
Coventry Local Policing Unit

Coventry Central Police Station
Little Park Street
Coventry
CV1 2JX

Tel 0345 1135000 internal extension 7931 6211

E Mail [email protected]
Twitter:- twitter.com/kerryblakeman

That's what I'm wondering, be quite interesting actually if any of us do.

Email i just recieved.

Thank you for your e mail. We are conducting an investigation into the incident on Saturday. We will need to speak to you in more detail, as a result could you supply me with a contact phone number & address please.

Kerry

Glenn Storer

Email i just recieved.

Thank you for your e mail. We are conducting an investigation into the incident on Saturday. We will need to speak to you in more detail, as a result could you supply me with a contact phone number & address please.

Kerry

Yeah same, as above. Got no problem with them having it.

Nor me, i'll be sending him my mobile now.

The only thing I’m concerned about is when they say investigation. Which means a formal interview maybe?
Nothing about internal investigation.

Glenn Storer

Nor me, i'll be sending him my mobile now.

The only thing I’m concerned about is when they say investigation. Which means a formal interview maybe?
Nothing about internal investigation.

I'm worried that they'll try and do the chap in question for assault, which would be an absolute miscarriage.

Glenn Storer

Another one off to Ricoh Arena, who funnily enough have their out of office on!! Did my best to sum up some of the good work a lot of you have done in fact finding.

Dear Whomever It May Concern,

I'd like to write to you today on account of Saturday's incidents and to request clarification on a few matters.

Saturday saw a re-occurence of protests against the clubs owners SISU. This resulted in somes fans bringing banners bearing slogans on, these slogans were not offiensive and consisted of a basic SISU OUT motif.

I'd like to complain about stewards who were extremely over-zealous at this game and the prior fixture at home to Watford. Most fans could understand the stewards taking the banners, it was something we thought might happen, despite it being allowed at every other football league ground. What many fans were extremely disappointed with however, was the manner in which they were taken. As you are aware a large contingent of fans sit under the score board in block 15. At the Watford game, a large banner was passed down along the crowd reminiscent of the way a large shirt is passed down at big games. A large group of stewards ascended to the top of block 15 but refused to take the banner, instead, when they saw that it had reached near the bottom where an unlucky group of around 3 men were trying to fold it back up to send to the top. Unfortunately, led by a senior steward, this group ran full speed down a gangway and shell-shocked this group, seizing the banner and running out on the pitch area with it. Said senior steward, then stood at the bottom of block 15 and smiled at the fans, causing outrage.

This led to the increased tensions on Saturday the 10th of September against Derby. Again, banners of a smaller size and plainer motif were at the game and were unfurled. Again, stewards waited until the banner was in a less populated area and attempted to seize it. However, this time an unsightly tug of war ensued and the banner was reclaimed. It was then, draped across a vomitory and was left alone by stewards.

I'd like to complain that due to the stewards behaviour, the scenes we saw at the game on Saturday, were perhaps not a primary cause but were very much in the minds of fans who then had their fears compounded by heavy handed policing.

I'd like to know why fans aren't allowed to use these banners and please, please, do not recycle the line about fire safety. Friends and colleagues have contacted other football league grounds who contradict your colleagues statement on CWR regarding it being an issue that all clubs adhere to. Portsmouth FC have stated they never have removed a banner or any kind of flag as long as it's not offensive.

I'd appreciate a response and I'd like to commend you on an otherwise fantastic stadium.

Regards,

Glenn Storer.

covkid69

To be fair, I've nailed my colours to the mast on another post regarding this. The massive trouble in 15-16, wasn't actually due to Stewards. The tension perhaps caused by their reaction to the banners was the preliminary cause, but the scenes of fans tumbling down the stairs and the fights were caused by the Police.

The chap asked why he had no identity numbers on and it just escalated very quickly due to aggressive policing.

i agree the trouble in block 15 wasn't down to stewards but it was in the telegraph stand and you are right the police were too heavy handed and good on you for bringing it to the attention of the authorities

C

cov

I was sitting near the man,he clearly asked the officer why isnt he identifiying his numbers as this is illegal.The officer refused to answer and try to say the man was drunk,the man was not drunk At all.
The officers bascially told him to f**k off and the other officers came over determind to nick him.They grabbed the man very forcefully,got him in a headlock and dragged him away. I heard the police say your being nicked for drunken disorder which was false as he is a regular down the wheatsheef inn,he only had 3/4 of 1 pint as i seen him personally. look i know him and he told me the charge later turned out to be threatning and abusive behavoir also he is bailed to go back in a month times. Thank you for all support him as the police where far out of order and looked to be wanting a scrap/fight and i believe i saw a policeman SPIT at him

torchomatic

ccfcadz

Has anybody thought of contacting the SIA the regulatory body of Stewards Bouncers etc regarding the behaviour of the stewards?

I think it is only the 'Response' stewards that have to be registered with them. They have to have their blue ID badges on display when 'on duty' so should be able to tell from that

Their complaints form is here.

http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/Report-Illegal-Activity.aspx

I also cannot remember the name of the external company who provides the response guys but if any one does know it I am sure they would be required to have a formal complaints procedure.

Sub

is there anybody that belives what has been written in that statement about the disorder at the game ? that is just unbelivable :eek::eek:

Glenn Storer

is there anybody that belives what has been written in that statement about the disorder at the game ? that is just unbelivable :eek::eek:

That Clouting, he just makes me giggle. Isn't he here to improve ticket sales? Well done mate, congratulations. Feed us with lies, I'll come every week to listen to that!

I need to stop buying a season ticket....

torchomatic

Nonleagueherewecome

It makes yer feel like that though, doesn't it? I say it sometimes, but I'm sure when it comes to it I'll stump up every year. I'd be happier doing it if I had some trust and faith in our owners though.

There is an incredible problem now whereby everything they say seems to rub salt into the wounds. Wouldn't it be fantastic if there was a supporter presence on the board like at some clubs, just to give them some sense of how things can come across to already embittered and cynical fans. Fake honesty really is no good any more, we can smell it a mile off, it being a scent we are well accustomed to.

georgehudson

just a summary of my personal match day experience vs derby,

the players 10/10, splendid commitment - keep it going guys - so good to see

the football management 10/10 strength in the face of adversity

fans 10/10 truly faithful, majority feeling aggrieved, but oh so rightly angry

owners 1/10 & await the next smoke & mirrors story ?

the employees at senior level 0/10 they have no regard for CCFC

orange brigade 0/10 bullies (probably ignored when they were children)

green stewards 7-9/10 actually fans, but told to toe the line, or else

police 1-5/10 did not realise the true feelings

PUSB

Sharpie83

If we are going to set up an effective protest why not boycott one game this season. How would the board feel that they will have driven every fan away from the club. I know this wouldn't be completely possible as some fans will still want to watch us. If we had a gate of 5000 and everybody else stood outside the ground away from the clubs boundries what can the police do? Stand across the road by the car park with banners and chanting can the club do anything about it? Why not get a fire safe banner for the bridge. I'm a big fan of getting SISU out they are distorying our club!!! People power will push them out and Hoffman in!!

PUSB for life

Macca

If we are going to set up an effective protest why not boycott one game this season. How would the board feel that they will have driven every fan away from the club. I know this wouldn't be completely possible as some fans will still want to watch us. If we had a gate of 5000 and everybody else stood outside the ground away from the clubs boundries what can the police do? Stand across the road by the car park with banners and chanting can the club do anything about it? Why not get a fire safe banner for the bridge. I'm a big fan of getting SISU out they are distorying our club!!! People power will push them out and Hoffman in!!

PUSB for life

won't help attract investors though

Users who are viewing this thread