rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
Got Tom Davies boots too, might have to pretend they belonged to the other TD 😉👍

SkyblueTexan

Aug 11, 2019
Great servant. Was a key player up to last season (even in the playoffs). Wish him well for the future. Loyalty is sadly a lost virtue these days.

Reactions: clint van damme

ptr

Mar 2, 2015
His double against Wycombe was class. Considering he was crocked when he got the second and was only staying on until half time 😂

Going to be a very good player for someone in the leagues below. Top player for us.

messiahrobins

Feb 27, 2024
I really would have kept him Godden and Mcfadzean and Bidwell. Just think their attitude and professionalism will be badly missed.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
I really would have kept him Godden and Mcfadzean and Bidwell. Just think their attitude and professionalism will be badly missed.
But apart from Bidwell the standard of their football won't be.

messiahrobins

Feb 27, 2024
But apart from Bidwell the standard of their football won't be.
They would have a presence on the training ground and dressing room to root out any players who put less than 100% in, and i think we have a number of players who have a tendency to think they can coast games against so called lesser opposition.
Im not sure how players in their mid 30's think, but players as legendary as those three surely would make good future coaches, and good player/coaches at the tail end of their careers, which would be preferable to playing in lower leagues? If i were a pro, id hate to see out my career in L1 or L2

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
They would have a presence on the training ground and dressing room to root out any players who put less than 100% in, and i think we have a number of players who have a tendency to think they can coast games against so called lesser opposition.
Im not sure how players in their mid 30's think, but players as legendary as those three surely would make good future coaches, and good player/coaches at the tail end of their careers, which would be preferable to playing in lower leagues? If i were a pro, id hate to see out my career in L1 or L2
Isn't that what managers and coaches are for?

And if we want that in the squad why don't we look at bringing in people with those attributes but are actually able to contribute on the pitch as well? Can't see players responding to criticism from others who are becoming a burden on the team.

long way home

Jul 24, 2020
He was a brilliant signing when we needed that leadership and experience. Made a big impact on the club but has never sort recognition in his mind he was just doing his job.

Nothing but praise for how he has handled himself, another player leaving who will be welcomed back and remembered. And one id say wouldn't have a bad word to say about us.

stevefloyd

Jan 16, 2013
Thanks for all those memories Mr Liam Kelly, really wish you well for the rest of your career, hopefully stay clear of injury from now on thank you for your massive contribution here at Coventry City FC.

Paul Anthony

Sep 9, 2016
He's been an absolutely fantastic servant over the years, a true leader, who's always given everything, and certainly played his part in helping to turn this club around with his efforts. Best of luck with whatever comes next for you, Skip. Thank you for your efforts over these last seven years.

Reactions: RegTheDonk

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
Wouldn't have minded Kelly & Fadz on player-coach type deals but they still have some football left so want to leave I assume.

Not sure Godden's attitude and professionalism is at the level of those two.

Bidwell is solid but doesn't seem to have the same relationship with the club/manager.

Users who are viewing this thread