Liam Kitching (4 Viewers)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Surely we expected better for £4.5mill?

I hope he’ll improve next season but it’s worrying how naive he seems in his defending. His form has massively tailed off the last couple of months, and we’ll probs now have to play a half fit Latibeaudiere with Thomas who also looks knackered

First cov player in history to be sent off 3 times in a season…

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

He had a good spell but I’m really not sure he’s good enough if we want to pushing top 6. We definitely need another LCB for competition, Binks or otherwise

We have 2 CBs going into next season, 3 if you include Lati who’s covering MVE at RB too.

I believe our resident ITKs reckon we’re going for 2 CBs.

The watchmaker

Do I think some recent performances give cause for concern? Yes. Would I be shocked if a back 4 of MvE - Thomas - Kitching - Bidwell turn out to rather effective next season? No.
The raw attributes are there and our attack next season is probably more exciting than I have ever seen it. Let's not lose too much sleep over this.

Deity

I think Kitching will improve but he’s not the leader / talker we were lead to believe he was. Maybe that is difficult when your own form is patchy.

I’d like one of the new CH’s to be an older players who can help talk the younger players through matches in the way Fadz did with Doyle and McNally

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Kitching will improve but he’s not the leader / talker we were lead to believe he was. Maybe that is difficult when your own form is patchy.

I’d like one of the new CH’s to be an older players who can help talk the younger players through matches in the way Fadz did with Doyle and McNally
An older CH needs to be fine playing in a 4 which is ultimately why McF went.

Grendel

He’s a good defender, it was only a couple of months ago people were fawning over him. His red card today was a ‘good’ one to receive.

Robins seems less than impressed

Hobo

He needs to grow up a bit. Gets sucked into niggly stuff far too easily when he doesn't have to. I think Thomas is the better of the two and seems to be maturing faster.

But he can still develop into a very good player for us.

messiahrobins

Think @Saddlebrains may be on to something. Robins did not seem happy with him at all in the post match interview
I think Robins will be looking at Kitching and Thomas and seeing how the younger less expensive one has really improved as the season has gone on and showed leadership qualities, whereas his marquee defensive signing has not really developed and actually tailed off as the pressure games came thick and fast. Kitching was bought to be first choice, Thomas was bought in to develop and certainly wasnt expected to play as many games as he has.
We wont get rid of Kitching as its his first season, but if he doesnt improve dramatically next season i could see us getting rid of him in January. Robins was not happy at all with him and the tone in his voice was telling

SeaSeeEffCee

We have to stick with him because of the fee paid but he’s been a disappointment so far. Hopefully with a summer under his belt he’ll start next season much improved.

fatso

His 3 match ban is no great loss imo.
I'm sure we'll recruit at least 1 CH in the pre season, and when we do, Kitching will be the one sat on the bench.
He's an OK defender, but has yet to justify the price tag, and is prone to the odd howler.

Thomas is much the same, but has improved a lot in the last few months, and is now the better player.

PVA

I think he'll turn out to be very good at this level.

The red card yesterday was harsh and so was the one against Wednesday so I'm not too arsed about the 3 red card record.

Great_Expectations

Overall he has been disappointing.

He’s shown glimpses of a player, both defensively and on the ball. His commitment and use of the “dark arts” is decent as well. There’s definitely signs he will become a solid and good player for us.

However the last few weeks he’s nosedived.

He will come good, but whether he ever justifies the fee is another question.

SwanLane

When he’s on form, Kitching is a good counterbalance to Thomas who has more raw defensive qualities. Kitching at his best is the kind of player who is in the right place at the right time and/or gets a foot in to nick the ball rather than making a showy tackle. He can fizz really nice balls in between the lines.

I think the sendings off along with being suspended broke his rhythm and he’s been off form since. Ultimately you don’t know what’s going on in someone’s life to judge them. But he doesn’t look right at all at the moment. His body language is strange and he doesn’t look at all sharp. It all points to form. He needs a break and possibly time to sort his head out away from the public gaze. I’m still very confident he’ll be ok in time.

I didn’t think I’d be saying this a few months ago but Bobby has been more impressive across the season and I think we do have quite an exciting prospect there. But Kitching will be fine next season!

Cally Fedora

Not sure where the narrative that he’s been disappointing comes from. A couple of mad moments but defensively and distribution wise I think he’s been our best defender.

Potbellypig

I know Collins, Thomas and Kitching are bezzy wezzy mates, but sometimes that just doesn't cut it. If we're going to compete at the top then the trio need genuine competition for places.

Alkhen

Overreaction IMO. His red against Sheff Weds was a joke, he didn’t do anything - Robins was fuming and adamant they’d appeal it.
Agreed I'd say only his one against Norwich was a stonewall. He hasn't been at his best over the last month but he was being pretty much universally praised only a few months back.

He'll learn to be less rash. No need to write him off

Mucca Mad Boys

Lots of recency bias at play here, he's been decent. Looks to be having a little bit of a wobble with his confidence so of course is being written off as a bad signing.
I’m out run of form in December and January he was the second coming of Christ on here…

24/25 in a footballer’s life cycle is a strange time, if Kitching kicks on and hits form again, the doubters will be silenced. Then again, the doubters are never wrong on this forum.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He's still relatively young for a centre half so can improve but he really needs to get rid of that urge to pull someone back when they go past him.

He's been decent enough overall, but not £4.5m decent. I also thought he'd have been earmarked as the Fadz replacement but I don't see that leadership yet.

Jonny

Sending off v Wednesday was a joke and should never have been given, one v Norwich was likely goal saving but probably cost us in the end anyway, and his one the other day v Blackburn shouldn't have been given as he wasn't last man with Thomas covering.

A large issue with the Cov fan base is that as soon as there is one error, everyone jumps on their backs and calls for a replacement. Like we've mentioned, we've spent good money on him, and it's not that long ago that people were saying the Barnsley trio would be mainstays for a long time. Yes, they're not perfect, but if they were, they'd be much higher than Cov. Since when were we so entitled that we expect perfection 24/7?

Otis

He's rash at times, but I am sure we can coach that out of him.

I am quietly confident he will be a very good player for us

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread