Transfer Rumour Liam Walsh season loan (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

central midefielders - Kelly, Shipley, Westbrooke, Allen, O'Hare, Walsh, plus Eccles
On the assumption that this guy is too good to be back up - Watson is clearly here to cover Dabo and not much else - it implies Robins believes Westbrooke and Shipley are deemed not quite good enough and Allen is at risk of missing more than they are are letting on. Midfield looks like Walsh Kelly and O'Hare
Much as I like loans, not sure 2/3 in one area of the team as loans may not be so good
Wonder how the player budget is looking?
Sighed from Everton for £1m I think this lad will be in the first 11 once he’s settled etc brilliant at set pieces on videos I’ve watched rated highly,I think Allen may be out for longer maybe even surgery needed.

Charlie BCFC

Excellent player.

Should have started more times than he has.
Doesn’t stress on the ball. Keeps hold of it and looks for options.

The only reason I can think he has gone out is because with Massengo, Nagy, Brownhill, even Kasey Palmer I guess we have too many options in front of him getting a start.

He will thrive in League One and I am sure he’ll do very well.

ccfc92

Allows Jordan Shipley to move to left if Kastaneer unfit/Hiwula is not on his game. Offers a bit more flexibility and cover. Also we haven't had a Liam in the first team for a while (waits to be corrected!!)

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Excellent player.

Should have started more times than he has.
Doesn’t stress on the ball. Keeps hold of it and looks for options.

The only reason I can think he has gone out is because with Massengo, Nagy, Brownhill, even Kasey Palmer I guess we have too many options in front of him getting a start.

He will thrive in League One and I am sure he’ll do very well.
Exactly what we need someone who can put their foot on the ball.

Tractorstealer

Hey ladies and gents. Good news to see Walsh sent on loan to you lot. There were people calling for him to go out on loan at the start of the season as we have done with Joe Morrell at Lincoln (playing every game).

I think now that we have Nagy coming back from injury walsh will find it even harder to get a look in. However if we have another Injury in the central midfield area we will need him back asap hence the recall option! LJ said that he wants to do what's right for our club and player. He wants and needs game time.

He is a holding midfielder who as you would expect passes the ball very well and does pass forward rather than just sideways and does have the technique for a killer ball. He can be suspect though defensively (he is a small lad) and due to the lack of game time does not always look very sharp. There is a very good player in Walsh he just needs the game time to kick on and realise his potential!

fatso

Bit of a surprise this one, I thought we might go for a short term loan to cover The left wing/striker position. Till kastaneer, and Jones get fit.
We’ve got a big squad now, but only 1 goal scorer.

Paxman II

Shipley just signed a two year extention and has been pivotol in recent games. Allen is near fit. Kelly ever present and Captain. That leaves O'Hare in the number 10 position.
Think Westbrooke and Shipley will have to fight to keep their place. There will be injuries and its a long old season. This is quality addition so we will remain strong in this area.
Does make me wonder how far away Jones is? Jobello and Kasteneer still much to prove too. However you look at it there is a strong squad here. Clearly keeping max and for that matter bako will keep Godden on his toes. My concern is adequate cover for Mason and Dabo.

Magwitch

Fair play to Mark Robins has his targets keeps them close to his chest, then swoops and gets his man, no one had or gave a hint regarding this loan or the Tennei Watson one and we snapped up a young 18 year old today too.

AStonesThrow

Fingers crossed on this one, looks like it could be an exciting addition if he finds form. Gives us two decent set piece takers in him and Westbrooke now, always a good thing if ones a sub.

Annoys me about Allen though, surely they'd have known about the extent of his injuries a while back, couldn't they have just been honest with us? Or do we think it's part of Robins keeping his cards close to his chest? I suppose it could have been a closely monitored injury that hasn't recovered in the way they'd hoped?

Either way, this lad looks potentially class. I reckon we've got the strongest squad in League One, especially in terms of depth

Evo1883

Do we have the players to switch to a 4231 in game if needed? I'd like to think we have the ability to switch things up, I know we could switch to 442

Evo1883

Fingers crossed on this one, looks like it could be an exciting addition if he finds form. Gives us two decent set piece takers in him and Westbrooke now, always a good thing if ones a sub.

Annoys me about Allen though, surely they'd have known about the extent of his injuries a while back, couldn't they have just been honest with us? Or do we think it's part of Robins keeping his cards close to his chest? I suppose it could have been a closely monitored injury that hasn't recovered in the way they'd hoped?

Either way, this lad looks potentially class. I reckon we've got the strongest squad in League One, especially in terms of depth

Allen played over 40 games in the league last season, it happens to all players, nobody is to blame

cc84cov

Do we have the players to switch to a 4231 in game if needed? I'd like to think we have the ability to switch things up, I know we could switch to 442
We do with O’Hare at 10 & Allen/Walsh Kelly at cdm but I feel 433 is here to stay with another sitting type of midfielder mate,my worry is them pair of dereks on the wings coming good

Sky Blue Harry H

If Allen was a deep muscle 'tear' and close to recovery, why are people now suggesting he needs an operation. Thought MR had explained the situation last week.

cc84cov

If Allen was a deep muscle 'tear' and close to recovery, why are people now suggesting he needs an operation. Thought MR had explained the situation last week.
I mentioned it could be surgery mate we just don’t know,MR did explain it but he wasn’t certain himself by the sounds of it another midfielder I think has taken us all by shock hence the thinking about Allen’s situation

Evo1883

Bit of a surprise this one, I thought we might go for a short term loan to cover The left wing/striker position. Till kastaneer, and Jones get fit.

I see goals from a few players tbh, godden, Hiwula, o hare, kastaneer, Biamou, the midfield will chip in as will jobello add a handful ... We're not struggling at all for them

Wed score almost 80 goals this season at this current rate, I think we will score over 90

Last edited:

cc84cov

Hey ladies and gents. Good news to see Walsh sent on loan to you lot. There were people calling for him to go out on loan at the start of the season as we have done with Joe Morrell at Lincoln (playing every game).

I think now that we have Nagy coming back from injury walsh will find it even harder to get a look in. However if we have another Injury in the central midfield area we will need him back asap hence the recall option! LJ said that he wants to do what's right for our club and player. He wants and needs game time.

He is a holding midfielder who as you would expect passes the ball very well and does pass forward rather than just sideways and does have the technique for a killer ball. He can be suspect though defensively (he is a small lad) and due to the lack of game time does not always look very sharp. There is a very good player in Walsh he just needs the game time to kick on and realise his potential!
Appreciate the input mate good luck with the season.

fernandopartridge

This signing has nothing to do with Allen, it's been clear all season that we lack midfield options. Westbrooke was never seriously going to go from reserve player to first choice

Skybluefaz

Westbrooke
Hiwula
Godden
Shipley
Rose
Hyam
Kastaneer
Baka
All on the scoresheet so far this season, goals from all over the pitch. That's what we need.

Evo1883

This signing has nothing to do with Allen, it's been clear all season that we lack midfield options. Westbrooke was never seriously going to go from reserve player to first choice

And its pleasing to know that we've had a good start with Shipley and Westbrooke, but have 3 midfielders now all better players than them to slot in and take over really.

Good squad now, rotation a plenty

Evo1883

I personally think Robins will go Kelly Allen Walsh centrally when all fit and he will drop Hiwula eventually if he doesn't pick it up and put o hare left side of the 3 forwards, pace and workrate

Sky Blue Harry H

And its pleasing to know that we've had a good start with Shipley and Westbrooke, but have 3 midfielders now all better players than them to slot in and take over really.

Good squad now, rotation a plenty
Will certainly stop anyone getting complacent, and allows players to recover from knocks, preventing them being out for longer.

cooperskyblue

Very pleasantly surprised by this loan signing. We need dept in midfield, playing 3 central midfielders, we need 6 options, so he completes the set with Westbrooke, Kelly, Shipley, Allen and O'Hare.

Allows Shipley and Westbrooke to rest as they looked absolutely shattered on saturday and we just continued to give the ball away.

cc84cov

I personally think Robins will go Kelly Allen Walsh centrally when all fit and he will drop Hiwula eventually if he doesn't pick it up and put o hare left side of the 3 forwards, pace and workrate
You could be right mate although I feel O’Hare will play in place of Hiwula or Jobello depending who performs from them 2 O’Hare work rate helping his full back will be key & attacking wise I think he will cause havoc this season.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think now and I'm being realistic, there can't be many with better squads in the league surely
Only really Pompey and Sunderland (depth wise). Peterborough have 3 decent players, but not the depth. Outside of the usual suspects I think Fleetwood and Rochdale will shock a few this year.

Evo1883

You could be right mate although I feel O’Hare will play in place of Hiwula or Jobello depending who performs from them 2 O’Hare work rate helping his full back will be key & attacking wise I think he will cause havoc this season.

It's all very exciting lol

Evo1883

Our odds have drifted slightly which is strange, I still think people don't expect us to do anything because of St Andrews

RegTheDonk

Good stuff. Bolster the squad and more options. Despite the obvious problems with getting bums on seats, hopefully our good start is being capitalised on with allowing players to come in and make that push.

Sky Blue Pete

He’s not had injuries in his career. How are you supposed to know he’s gonna tear a hip muscle!!!! Bloody hell

n

Users who are viewing this thread