Linesman (1 Viewer)

tom88

I must say that warm up was the most entertaining 10 mins of the game. Anyone get a video?

st john

I thought the original linesman was ill and had to be replaced. That's why the replacement was warming up.
Also that's why the first half kick off was delayed.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm sure there were more than 4 officials so could be the case.

When the Lino went off, one bloke (with hair) was still in the official tracksuit, and another (the bald one) was striping off, prior to that embarrassing warm up!

Never cheered a bald bloke doing a warm up before though! Be a bit like cheering myself on at a gym, which isn't very likely to happen....... The gym part I mean :D

Kingokings204

Here's the video (on Claus Jørgensen's Twitter)

https://twitter.com/ClausBJorgensen

Shame it's not of his warm up. To have the gall to do a warm up in front of a big crowd after already 5 minutes of play had been stopped is the funniest most dickhead thing I've ever seen. Just shows the level of idiocy we are up against. Like his 2 minute self warm up did anything. The man deserves a dickdead badge.

ceetee

I thought the linesman replaced the original ref. But as we were in the Tesco stand didn't see the change over The ref called the linesman over so we presumed he was the senior replacement and new lino was fourth official.

Speedies_Chips

Shouldn't these spare pricks be mildly warming up as a precaution for most of the 90 mins anyway?

How could he warm up. He was the fourth official so already has duties to perform. Where and when would you expect him to warm up for the unlikely event of being required? Although amusing, he can't be criticised fro warming up. It was a cold day. If he hadn't warmed up and then pulled a muscle after 5 minutes, you would all be calling him for being unprofessional.

oscillatewildly

How could he warm up. He was the fourth official so already has duties to perform. Where and when would you expect him to warm up for the unlikely event of being required? Although amusing, he can't be criticised fro warming up. It was a cold day. If he hadn't warmed up and then pulled a muscle after 5 minutes, you would all be calling him for being unprofessional.
He would have been in good company then.

stupot07

It was a comedy moment.

To be fair to him, it was bloody freezing he had to do a bit of a warm up otherwise he'd have probably ended up pulling something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Kingokings204

It was a comedy moment.

To be fair to him, it was bloody freezing he had to do a bit of a warm up otherwise he'd have probably ended up pulling something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Really? He ran to the corner flag and back. Hardly a warm up was it?

More like he was a prick wanting to show everyone who was waiting ages how he wouldn't rush for anyone because he is an official. He is a big man remember. These guys like to be centre of attention. They are awful this season.

stupot07

Really? He ran to the corner flag and back. Hardly a warm up was it?

More like he was a prick wanting to show everyone who was waiting ages how he wouldn't rush for anyone because he is an official. He is a big man remember. These guys like to be centre of attention. They are awful this season.

It's about what a player coming on as a sub would do before coming on.

you're thinking too much into it.

rob9872

I was hoping game would get called off. Ah well nevermind

skybluepm2

There's a good video of it on the 'football away days' Facebook page. Must admit I didn't see this during the game, think I had already gone down for a pie!

stupot07

I must say I was disappointed to here a few people a few rows behind me in block 20 shouting "gay boy" at him when he eventually got over to our side of the pitch. No need for such homophobic language.

Mcbean

Yep agree no need for that sort of shouting - the original lino was pretty bloody useless - didn't know the offside rule or maybe he could not keep up with play - its a shame it wasn't the referee as he really was appalling along with our team but he didn't help - it was something to smile about on a desperate afternoon - I have never left early in 27 years

st john

I'm wondering if the original lino injured himself warming up before the game started, would explain why the kickoff was delayed, maybe he pulled a muscle, it was cold out there. So maybe his replacement made it overly obvious he was doing warm up exercises.

The Lurker

I must say I was disappointed to here a few people a few rows behind me in block 20 shouting "gay boy" at him when he eventually got over to our side of the pitch. No need for such homophobic language.

But his warm up and his persona was very camp

Users who are viewing this thread