Linnell (1 Viewer)

Didge76

What a complete and utter loser that bloke is. When will he take those Rose tinted glasses off and really say it how it is. Yes we won today and the 2nd half was better but most part it was utter dross. And as for the Carl Baker man of the match theory the guy must be smoking the funny fags!!!!!

sky_blue_up_north

Baker was mom today by a country mile but the first half was dire

Lord_Nampil

Baker was our bets player in the second half! He has been possibly our most consistent player all season! First half the whole team was dire !!!

sky_blue_up_north

you were not at the same game as me

ajsccfc

He worked extremely hard on the right side and was one of the few players who looked capable of retaining possession at times.

percy

He had a good game but i wouldn't make him MOTM. Also I wouldn't slam anyone else's opinion for not thinking the same as me, like Linell does.

for me baker was motm
also thought cameron, bailey and murphy played well

Grendel

callum ball was man of the match - won everything/ chased passed

Agreed - he changed the game. I don't profess to be a Baker fan but his work rate today was very high and he did have a good second half.

Big Mo

I thought baker did well but thought Linnell was pretty rude and dismissive of people who thought otherwise

Ashdown

Baker did well today, fair play to him. Murphy actually looked more dominant in his area which was also a plus. Fleck when fit really will be a good player for us too and McGoldrick did his job admirably again.

Otis

Or Ian himself.

Baker played very well today. Wouldn't say MOTM, but he did have a good game. Think most City fans feel exactly the same way.

Sutty

Some people have a blind spot when it comes to Baker, they simply refuse to notice anything good he does and then pounce upon his mistakes.

If Baker had given John Fleck's performance today people would be calling for him to be chucked into the Kevin Malaga bin.

cazzanova

baker was easily MOM, we need to keep mcgoldrick here and get fleck fit for a fighting chance of play offs! i know a big comment but who in this league can you say is good?????? not impressed by anyone really and we only can get better!

psgm1

Banned
Fleck WAS AWFUL - Plain and simple.

I just cannot see Anything about him at all. Maybe 2 half decent passes, but nothing else. He would not be a loss if sold on

cazzanova

fleck will come good very impressed by baker today showed passion and great work ethic... and some good fwd play im his biggest critic but today deserves praise.

Didge76

Or Ian himself.

Baker played very well today. Wouldn't say MOTM, but he did have a good game. Think most City fans feel exactly the same way.

Close Otis but not close enough. As long as I support city I will not take the abject performances of these players anymore. At the end of the day we all pay our money to go and are all entitled to our own opinions and mine is of that Baker and a few others are not worthy of wearing the city shirt . Oh and that does mean mcsheffery aswell who I'm afraid some of you think that he is dome kind of messiah. I'm sorry they're not, if they were I'm sure other teams would want them.

ccfcway

baker was easily MOM, we need to keep mcgoldrick here and get fleck fit for a fighting chance of play offs! i know a big comment but who in this league can you say is good?????? not impressed by anyone really and we only can get better!

well, Tramere are 17 points ahead of us, I would say thats decent !

psgm1

Banned
Half time I passed Benno going to up the stairs. I said to him it must be so frustratung to look at the rubbish putting on the shirt these days, when we have the likes of you and Oggy in the place.

He said to me he was utterly embarassed.

I was brought up on a diet of decent hard working and capable players. How disgraceful "players" like barton are probably picking up more than Benno ever did. First half was like a poor sunday league game.

kepit 2 yusen

Baker MOM by a country mile. Did loads in the game. Linnell is right on this one. Maybe the anti Baker brigade just can't bring themselves to admit that the guy has come forward and shone (in league one terms) this season. I could see it in the friendlies that we were going to see a different Baker.
We all see games differently, that's admitted but you just weren't paying attention not to notice Bakers performance today. Ball and McGoldrick had great games too !
I just don't know what some people want to make them satisfied. Surely that sort belong down Villa Park where moaning is a pre- requisite.

ajsccfc

So HOW can he be Man Of Match?

McGoldrick was good THROUGHOUT!

If there was an award of man of Half - maybe!

Same way Callum Ball CANNOT be MOM!

A player can come on and be man of the match, of course they can. Particularly if nothing of consequence happens in the first half like today.

Otherwise McGoldrick can't be man of the match as he didn't play the entire match either.

If there was an award of man of 88 minutes - maybe!!!!!

BurbageSkyBlues

Same old city fans - always got to have a target of abuse!

It's time to praise the good things they do, rather than criticise their weaker points.

Baginton

murphy pulled of some fantastic saves, he was my motm, b'muff will be gutted to of lost that today.

SkyBlueScottie

Fleck WAS AWFUL - Plain and simple.

I just cannot see Anything about him at all. Maybe 2 half decent passes, but nothing else. He would not be a loss if sold on

Think about what you are saying, you are openly saying we should sell on Fleck, a player who has made 4 or 5 appearances, how on earth can you judge so quickly?

glamour76

My biggest disappointment today was mcgoldrick. He lost the ball so many times and I'm sure he is not allowed to pass. As for baker, he was good. Nothing more nothing less, bailey was poor as was Clarke. Mom for me was either murhpy or Cameron.

Macca

I ll take 2 sides here. Agree that baker was the best player we had. Also agree that it's pretty relative while we are playing the worst football of my era.

Otis

Think about what you are saying, you are openly saying we should sell on Fleck, a player who has made 4 or 5 appearances, how on earth can you judge so quickly?

That's nowt. We had NLHWC judging Conor Henderson after just one game and not even a full one at that.

Otis

My biggest disappointment today was mcgoldrick. He lost the ball so many times and I'm sure he is not allowed to pass. As for baker, he was good. Nothing more nothing less, bailey was poor as was Clarke. Mom for me was either murhpy or Cameron.

Opinions eh. I thought McGoldrick did okay, as did Bailey. Thought Bailey was good apart from a spell when the whole team were starting to misplace passes and lose control. Besides that I thought he kept things ticking over quite nocely at times. Would agree on Clarke though.

Users who are viewing this thread