Litigation ? (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Does anyone know the answer to this Question.

Can SISU continue with Litigation against the Council, Wasps, if SISU sell up or Liquidate CCFC.

Is that why they are still hear ?

Please forgive me if this Question has already been asked and answered .

Nick

Administrator
I thought that anybody could raise a JR? So they didn't have to own the club.

Happy for somebody who knows more to correct / explain though!

skybluepm2

Does anyone know the answer to this Question.

Can SISU continue with Litigation against the Council, Wasps, if SISU sell up or Liquidate CCFC.

Is that why they are still hear ?

Please forgive me if this Question has already been asked and answered .

Was wondering exactly this the other day, I'm glad you've raised it. OSB should know the answer! Hopefully it's a yes, in which case there is a far greater opportunity in them releasing us from their evil clutches!

tisza

should be able to. hasn't a common theme on Ricoh rental,Higgs talks etc. been that it has SISU that is taking the legal action not the football club?

Skyblueweeman

They're not going to liquidate the club...why would they? They'll continue to see out JR 1 & 2 and see where they go before deciding on how to proceed then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lapsed_skyblue

If they did win JR1 or JR2 and then sought damages, would it undermine the amount of damages that they could claim if they had brought success to CCFC? Conversely, could CCC claim that SISU are so incompetent that they would have screwed it up anyway?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

They're not going to liquidate the club...why would they? They'll continue to see out JR 1 & 2 and see where they go before deciding on how to proceed then.

Thanks S.B.W.M. Liquidate was just a hypothetical Question. ;)

Skyblueweeman

If they did win JR1 or JR2 and then sought damages, would it undermine the amount of damages that they could claim if they had brought success to CCFC? Conversely, could CCC claim that SISU are so incompetent that they would have screwed it up anyway?

Fuck knows...its just gonna drag and drag. I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet.

chiefdave

They could certainly continue the legal action as that's not being taken by the football club. The question is what would happen should they ever win and get a compo claim. If they're claiming the football club lost money due to the actions of others wouldn't the compo have to go to the football club?

ccfcway

clear just my thoughts, but as long as we are near break even, if the litigation continues with the theme that its still damaging the club to this day.

If they sell, surely that draws a line under how long they can say it has damaged the club ?

wingy

If that's what their hopes are pinned on its not looking too positive.
Since the last result the other parties seem to have become more emboldened in stance and activities.
Reckon the legal eagles have given them the green light.

skybluetony176

My understanding is that it's all about what happened during a certain timeframe. Whether they owned the club before or after that timeframe is irrelevant, they owned it during that timeframe and that's what counts from the litigations point of view.

tisza

They could certainly continue the legal action as that's not being taken by the football club. The question is what would happen should they ever win and get a compo claim. If they're claiming the football club lost money due to the actions of others wouldn't the compo have to go to the football club?
their argument would be they have had to finance the club through loans and their asset has lost value. maybe more likely the football club would have their own damages claims if SISU win their cases.

Skyblueweeman

the amount of times over the years I've heard people say, "it can't get any worse", yet some how it always manages to!

Agreed. Off the pitch, it certainly will. The only ounce of hope is that a new manager might achieve mission impossible and get us the top 6 finish we crave in the hope that we go up and it therefore changes the options open to the owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

Imagine that, they get all the way to the high court and they say "Yes, we think you deserve £150 million but the condition is that it is for CCFC and CCFC only" with watertight clauses.

Just going to wake up now though!

skybluetony176

I guess if they did sell up before litigation ends in the event of them winning however unlikely that might be, if the club gets awarded some form of compensation SISU have given up the mechanism to take any compensation out of the club and into their investors pockets.

dongonzalos

They were very clear its SISU taking the legal action not the club remember.
My feeling is the club would not see a penny.
Hence I couldn't give a rats ass about the legal action.
I also feel it is somehow prolonging our stay under this ownership.
That's why I would prefer it to stop ASAP.
So we can get new owners and move on as a club instead of continuously down.

chiefdave

Imagine that, they get all the way to the high court and they say "Yes, we think you deserve £150 million but the condition is that it is for CCFC and CCFC only" with watertight clauses.
Thought that before. Prior to the sale to Wasps they could have ruled that the sale was rerun. Now that is off the table wouldn't it be great if SISU finally won and the result was CCC got ordered to build CCFC a new stadium in the city.

Would love to be in court to see Tim and Joy if something like that happened.

sky blue john

The way i see it is that Sisu are just keeping the club ticking over adding costs/debt each year for the day that they win compensation. Yes they probably could sell up and continue with the litigation but that would probably be the point that they would have to turn the claim calculator off.
The club does'nt own ryton anymore we are probably just paying rent on it. So it can't be classed as a club asset.
Sisu must still feel they can win compensation, that is the only explanation for them not selling up I can see.

SkyblueBazza

If they win JR1 or 2...it will simply be dragged out further because the other parties will appeal. It is all a sick joke

...onwards & upwards PUSB

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Thanks for all your feedback, it's a lot Clearer now. ( I think ) PUSB

GO NOW FISHER, GO NOW SISU, WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE :finger:

Hobo

I wish the fans had the right to litigation. There would be a lot of people who have had connections to CCFC past and present running scared. Maybe a few in CCC too?

Gosford Green

Said it before and on another thread. Joy thinks a win in the courts will mean a large pay out which will get investors money back, its her last hope and she will be here for a long time, they`re still flogging the dead horse that is JR1, JR2 has not even started and will not into JR1 is concluded.

If a miracle happens and a judgement goes for SISU any compensation I understand comes from central funds, I can not see this government rolling over that easy and giving Joy a fat cheque.

Users who are viewing this thread