Liverpool Interest In Callum Wilson (1 Viewer)

30 Apr 2015 19:55:09
Rumours doing the rounds up here that Liverpool are to offer cash + Lambert for Bournemouth striker Calum Wilson! Really like the look of the lad so I wouldn't be against it

Just read this on a not to reliable rumours page but it's worth asking if CCFC had any percentage of a further transfer of Wilson?

SkyBlue_Bear83

He'd be better off staying at Bournemouth and starting 38 premier league matches, then if he does well he will have a pick of top clubs next season. Better than getting 10 minutes here and there off the bench for Liverpool.

higgs

He's fast which gets him lots of goals in league 1 and championship but is he really got the class to be a top 6 prem lge team striker

stupot07

Nowhere near good enough for Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Moff

It wouldnt suprise me if this were true, as their striking options are going down the pan. Sturridge injured, Balotelli and Lambert on the way out, and Origi untested.
I honestly think he wouldnt look that out of place in a top team, well certianly not Liverpools judging by this seasons efforts.
Good luck to him if it came to reality.

LJC_CCFC

Yeah because that will be the signing for Rodgers to base his career defining season on. Origi is on a completely different planet. People need to rein their presumptions of Wilson's ability in, there are many English strikers better than him right now. Lets see how he does after a couple of seasons in the top flight (Not that well imo)

LJC_CCFC

tbf though there have been reports from several papers that 10 premier league clubs are at least keeping track of him.

Depends how much you want to read into broad statements like that. For me the likes of Austin, Berahino, Ings, Deeney and Bamford are ahead of him as things stand, so I can't really see teams opting for him (having had one strong campaign in the Championship) over the rest (Barring Bamford who is currently in talks with Chelsea over a new deal). The report that Chelsea were in for Wilson earlier in the season turned out to be rubbish and I can see things going the same way here. Best for him to play for Bournemouth and go from there, at least with Howe he has the security of knowing he has a manager that trusts him and would be less inclined to drop him if he hits a barren spell, like he did at times this season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea, I've already said he should stay with Bournemouth. He will be given the chance to prove himself and if he makes the step up he will then have his choice of bigger clubs in the PL

stevefloyd

And to be fair if brendan rodgers came in for me i would think christ i must be more shit than i thought... he dont really have a great eye for a striker tbf

simonregis

Agree and disagree with alot of the above. Potential is the word people band around and Wilson has it in abundance. I think alot depends on who you work with and at present Callum is working with one of the best up and coming managers in the country. Also, as someone pointed out he is under now stewaredship in regard to agent. If it is up to his agent he will go to a top 6 club and be set back 2 or 3 years in development, unless he goes to the right club who uses him from the offset, like Spurs. If I were his agent I would tell him to wait for a year because one of three things could happen positively. 1) He has a good year but Bournemouth are relegated he can go to a good club and teams have been able to see him perform against premier defencees. 2) Bournemouth stay up so he has the option of staying with them or choosing another club. 3) and for me the best option, He plays at Bournemouth under Howe and developes and he moves if Howe goes to a bigger club.
On a side note I was talking to friends about young up and coming managers and we spoke about Howe. Some people said he would be a future England manager if he continues in the same way, but to aperson they also said he would never be a top six manager. Would you agree? A guy may be good enough for the national team but not good enough for a top six club team?

skybluetony176

One season wonder in league one. Wrong.

Won't cut it in the championship. Wrong.

Doesn't have the class to make it in the Premier league. We'll see. But whatever happens Bournemouth clearly got a bargain. Another great piece of business there by SW, TF and the canny business people of SISU.

chiefdave

Was going to say the same Tony, this thread is shaping up just like the one last season and we all know how that turned out.

That said I'm not sure a move to Liverpool is best for him now, can't see him getting regular first team football. If he is that good stay at Bournemouth, or move to a mid table side, get regular games and score goals. If he does that for one or two seasons the likes of Liverpool will be looking to sign him as a first choice player.

ceetee

You've got to remember that he has already gone a long way in a short time.

When he became a starter people were moaning that we were relying on an academy kid to score goals.

If you had seen his first couple of games at Sixfields you would have thought "the lad's quick but he can't finish"

But he learned quickly and improved, and that's why he's done well ai Bournemouth.

Some players don't learn and improve, and we have had more than a few of those, but Callum does and that's why I wouldn't write him off at Premiership level

Hobo

10 Premier League clubs keeping track of him, isn't like 10 clubs with wet ink on their cheque book!

Sky Blue Harry H

10 Premier League clubs keeping track of him, isn't like 10 clubs with wet ink on their cheque book!

Wet ink, cheque books - does anybody still use any of that stuff .......I found a cheque book in the works safe last week (not the security boxes job in London, I hasten to add....) that was one third used and dated 2004. Didn't find a quill or a bottle of Quink, though ;)

ccfcchris

Nowhere near good enough for Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

So you're saying he wont be a better player while surrounded by better player?

I would also like yo to expand on your expert knowledge how he isn't good enough.

SkyBlueScottie

Really wouldn't be surprised to see him move back to a team in the Midlands. Despite his tremendous his best asset for me is his finishing therefore he will be a success in the premiership. As for the OP. Its probably a load of bull, but he would fit in with Liverpool's style of play. I would also imagine we have a sell on clause.

skybluetony176

Really wouldn't be surprised to see him move back to a team in the Midlands. Despite his tremendous his best asset for me is his finishing therefore he will be a success in the premiership. As for the OP. Its probably a load of bull, but he would fit in with Liverpool's style of play. I would also imagine we have a sell on clause.

Ha ha. Cheers for that, I needed cheering up. I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread