Match Thread Liverpool u23 Match Thread (2.30PM Kick-Off Saturday) (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

McNulty scored a goal every 152 minutes last time he was in this league.
If he is going to be our main striker we will be short of goals I think we might have plenty of striker but not enough goals per time on the pitch. Look at Collins career record we didn't seem to want to pay just that little bit extra for one good one but will have two inferior ones. Anyone who has been to preseason games do you think from what you have seen do we have enough goals or not?

Nick

Administrator
If he is going to be our main striker we will be short of goals I think we might have plenty of striker but not enough goals per time on the pitch. Look at Collins career record we didn't seem to want to pay just that little bit extra for one good one but will have two inferior ones. Anyone who has been to preseason games do you think from what you have seen do we have enough goals or not?

You can't really tell in pre-season. Give it 5 league games.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I don't think our set up helped the strikers today. Everywhere else we seemed decent. Solid at the back, decent looking midfield, who covered defenders when needed. Was impressed how much Vincenti covered at the back, and we know what the DKE brothers can do.

Not sure how we will be able to fit both McNulty and Biamou in the same team? Are they too similar?

Biamou lacks pace where as McNulty doesn't, yet whilst Biamou holds it up well we always seemed to aim the ball towards McNulty. Surely it needs to be sent up to biamou to lay it off if it's going to work?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Here we go already. The prophets of doom are rubbing their hands.
There is no such thing as a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker you clowns.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No one said you can guarantee a 20 goal a season striker but you can only go on previous if your backing a racehorse you don't pick one with a load of loses after its name
and expect it to suddenly start winning unless it dropped down in class One in four games average equates to ten or eleven in a season most teams that get promotion their main striker scores more than that.

stevefloyd

I thought it was a good workout today, Biamou holds the ball up well but seems a little lazy 2 times today he just gave up on the ball, thought DKE was motm for me, Liverpool didnt look nothing special give or take a few players but we held them well had some chances and forced their keeper into some good saves but certainly need some creativity from somewhere

fernandopartridge

No one said you can guarantee a 20 goal a season striker but you can only go on previous if your backing a racehorse you don't pick one with a load of loses after its name
and expect it to suddenly start winning unless it dropped down in class One in four games average equates to ten or eleven in a season most teams that get promotion their main striker scores more than that.
Have a look at the stats from last season in this league then champ

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Astute

That's funny, there's a few posters on here that think we have more than enough players!

For the record though, I agree with you. I've already said several times that we have too many average or sub standard strikers and wingers on the books.
Yes we do have more than enough players. We have the biggest squad in Division 4.

What we are missing is a proven goalscorer. That isn't dissing who we already have. The defence and midfield seem good enough. But what is the use of having a lot of possession if you can't put the ball in the net?

1.5 goals a game is enough to get you into the playoffs. But you need to aim at 2 a game for automatic promotion. And a proven goalscorer can help the younger strikers. Just like Wilson had someone to learn from.

Nick

Administrator
Attendance was silly, if they had refused to do pay at the gate for one game only there would have been about 200 there.

It was hard to say but the "one game only" ccfc section was pretty packed, I'd say 800 - 900 or so.

covcity4life

I know majority dobt like them but reid and jones will add alot of threat ro our attacks. Especially jones who i think can have a breakout year.

But a nunber 10 i really like for us to sign. Baker would be perfect as he can play out wide too

covcity4life

Seems from players and manager that liverpool u23 play a better quality yof footy than we will come up against most of this upcoming season. So maybe we should take positives of having a clean sheet snd makin a few chsnces to win it

Users who are viewing this thread