long live the juke (1 Viewer)

Lloyd

So can all the juke haters please stop supporting our club please? He is the only asset we truly have left!

Astute

I am looking forward to selling SISU myself

NINOOVCOV

How good was that...10 mins injury time was edge of the seat stuff to the extreme, especially with Covs record of letting goals in at the end

brinner

always rated juke, works his socks off every game, just needs more composure in front of goal at times which is gradually coming the more experience he gets.

god help us in january if sisu are still here.

heard a rumour today that they wont be (hopefully) :D

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fantastic header for the goal.

God help us if he gets an injury or is sold, he is slowly building a rep for himself as one of the leagues top strikers.

covcity4life

bullet header!

but juke/platt strikeforce is not gonna yield many goals and we will lose more than we win if im being honest

Nonleagueherewecome

god help us in january if sisu are still here.

heard a rumour today that they wont be (hopefully) :D

Can you tell us any more, Brinner?

wingy

Everton may yet regret letting him go and for the price they did,turning into a leader,and the touch is coming could have had 3 today but for camp and woodwork

The Juke is becoming a very serious handful for most of our league's defences - he must be a nightmare to mark.

Strong as an ox and can hold the ball up second to none plus very deceiving in the air winning most high balls and laying off the majority to a blue shirt.

Definite improvement since last year and still progressing and still only 22 - will definitely be Prem class before very long.

PUSB

rob9872

Juke haters? Are there any? Seems one of the few who have withstood our fickle fans and remains as a firm favourite which is right imo. Alweays works his socks off and looks more dangerous in front of goal than last season. Big Clive worked hard and did well to be fair to him today but Juke stil needs a partner who can take the pressure off him by chipping in with a goal. I'm not confident yet, but still hope Cody can eventually fill that role.

shmmeee

Always been a Juke fan, reminds me of Adebola in terms of strength. It takes two or three players to stand a chance of getting the ball.

His finishing seems to have come on this year (his stats show slightly more shots on target than off and one in roughly 5 of those going in) he's on a goal every other game at the moment, which obviously is a 20 goal a season striker, and you'd think he'd score more in a more successful team.

SkyBlue_Bear83

good lord Adebola please don't compare juke to him.
Why not? Adebola was a tank, when he got ahead of steam you needed 4-5 players too slow him down. Also scored some great goals in his Coventry career.
Was one of my favourite players anyway :D

rob9872

No he wasn't. We shouldn't have let him go so cheaply simply because as is usual with City we didn't replace him, but for all those games where he was unplayable and strong there were plenty he was anonymous. Nostalgia appears to be playing tricks on the mind of some of you.

Macca

Honestly never looked like a footballer to me there you go things have been pretty lean over the last 10 years

TommyAtkins

Dele was a better player for Cov than King because he was a team player; that much is evident.

Marlon King disrupted the team, ruined our reputation as a decent family club and failed to deliver for most of the season - then betrayed the club, manager, team and fans.

The team comprising McSheffrey, Wise, Adebola and John was a good team, that delivered our best team performances and results since 2001

rob9872

All about opinions but in mine Adebola was mostly hopeless and John was lazy. Marlon King is probably the worst person we have employed since relegation but along with Denis Wise was the most outstnding player by a country mile.

cloughie

I also noticed a few getting on the Jukes back in the 1st half. But he did seem to get out muscled at first and then got to grips with things which shows he's a quality player
Don't know what to think of the people slagging him off either lacking football knowledge or thick

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I hated John. Far too lazy, although a bit like Freddy in that when he had the ball at his feet, he was pretty good at our level.

Dele was one of my favorites. His goal V Forest, where he ran from his own half, and a similar one V Blackburn in the cup are goals I will remember for a long time! Was gutted when we got rid of him, and it finished our season off when he went!

rob9872

Couldn't agree more mate, but can still recognise outstanding contributions within that team. In fact King as a team player (to bring this back on topic) with the runs he made and the space he created made Jukes movement and timing look vastly improved. He benefitted from that experience and has taken it on this season too although evident again how much he would still benefit from a partner of his ilk.

tippex9

On King, I thought his arrival coincided with our slide down the table. He was a quality finisher and had an awesome first touch but I think we changed what was working to accommodate him. Often wondered if players almost thought 'it's ok, Marlon will do something' and dropped into a comfort zone. Prior to his arrival Sheff, Bell, Baker and Turner were scoring.

Back to Juke, I'm totally sold on the boy. Wes Morgan is a tough Mofo but after a while Juke started getting the upper hand. He's got strength, control, power and patience. I doubted he'd be a regular goalscorer but he starting to put that right.

If SISU are still here in January I fear the worst, it could be their last attempt to recover some cash before selling up or freezing funding in summer.

Users who are viewing this thread