Loyal despite feeling numb, humiliated and dejected (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

Don't discuss how bad we are or where it all went wrong just leave an agreement that you will ALWAYS remain loyal and turn up to watch the Sky Blues (as often as you can) regardless of how poor we are, or far we drop.

I will always be loyal - ampthill_sba

Samo

Amen to that - Well said!

Don't discuss how bad we are or where it all went wrong just leave an agreement that you will ALWAYS remain loyal and turn up to watch the Sky Blues (as often as you can) regardless of how poor we are, or far we drop.

I will always be loyal - ampthill_sba

matesx

Me too,its in the blood and good social for a few beers with the boys

beats shopping with the wife doesnt it?

Sutty

It's the closest I've got to a social life other than this place and GMK, so what the hell, I'm in.

ccfcway

lifes sh1te, the team is sh1te, we havent won in 6 months, i am massively out of pocket due to this shower of sh1te, the players dont seem to care, we are on our 11th manager in 11 years

HOWEVER,

CCFC will always be MY team, despite how sh1te they are

Greggs

Your attitude sucks ;)
Im off with that wierdo post from yesterday, changing clubs and supporting Leicester :jerkit:

ampthill_sba

So that's it then...there are 11 of us! I thought this post might get 100 responses...from those that always criticise others about not being true supporters. Please don't leave a troll posting...just agree you'll always support...a register is being compiled.

Mucca Mad Boys

Loyal to the end! I only feel frustrated, because I know we're good enough to compete at the top of the table, and humiliated, because we're losing to teams we shouldn't, on paper, lose to and because of that, I'm being torn a new one by my mates (glory hunters) about Cov who pretend to know something about football, let alone L1!

Astute

It is all a load of rubbish ranting to me. I went to my first game in the 70's. Did my 1st away game in the early 80's when kids could get the bus for 2p. The Brummie games were so cheap to get to. Travelled all over the place to watch us. Have lived down south, East coast, West coast and now up North on the West coast. Have tried watching other teams with mates. Still have had some good away days watching other teams, but never wanted to leave the pub for the game. Would stand and cheer goals, but have never gone mental after a goal. There is something missing when it isn't your own team.

I feel more for CCFC than anything other than my family. I could never turn my back on them. I could never have the same feelings for another team. I can't understand how anyone could. Has anyone who says they can tried watching anyone else?

Macca

Yep I ll always support city, obviously, you can t change.

Sorry not very exciting, but then football doesn't excite me much these days

Black6Osprey

I can't understand how you could ever swap teams but my brother has and claims it feels the same as it ever did. We started going to City back in 77 and had season tickets from 85 through to 2006 when he'd just had enough so I continued on my own. Next thing I hear the company he works for have a box at the Villa and so he goes to 80% of their homes games and after about 3 seasons the transformation was complete. He wouldn't recognise anyone from our team has barely been up the Ricoh so its just not his club anymore. The whole thing staggers me but there you go if you're not happy buy the next 3 season tickets down the Villa and move to the dark side.

C

Clive Plattini

I will always support Cov. It's awful, it really is, and I will never forgive my Dad for inflicting this upon me. But saying that, my kids are all gonna support Cov as well. I support the Club, not the personnel.

ccfcway

my lad can decide what he wants to be when he grows up and i will fully support him
he can decide who he wants to be with, and what sex they will be and i will support him
he can decide what, if any religion he chooses to follow and i will support him..

he can fcuk off if he is anything other than a cov fan though

;)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Have supported since 1964 and could never change my allegiance, no matter how bad it gets or what division we end up in.

It you cut me you would find sky blue blood in my veins!

Keep the faith!

City till I die!

aodea

for huckerby at old trafford
for Ndluvu against liverpool
for Keane against Arsenal

For Boteang, Whelen, Dublin, Macca, Froggert, Chippo and Roland.

Even for Westwood, juke, and Doyle.

For all in the past and all those in the future who have filled me with moments of Joy i will always be a Sky Blie.

rob9872

The thing with threads like this is that they seem unable to separate loyalty from waivering enthusiasm.

The guy who said he will support a different team, well that simply doesn't happen and there you have my 100% loyalty.

However, there is a separate agenda for me and I'm sure many others in that I am slowly but surely falling out of love with the game. This is not just to the Sky generation and the overpaid primadonnas, but out of the drip-fed lies, excuses, selling of heroes and replacing them with lesser players, a succession of boards who have no idea or passion, a revolving managers door, a fan base with a larger than normal sprinkling of morons, losing games, poor entertainment, no value for money and an awful atmosphere. I am losing all my passion for the game.

There was a time when I would have crawled over broken glass to get to Highfield Road and a time where I would have thought about wtaching a game between Stevenage and Crawley as a non-league encounter because I loved the game so much ... now they are in our league and beating us.

Football has evolved, so have I and in truth I would probably give up on it all if I could find something to replace it with, but family apart it is my one remaining hobby now that I can no longer play the game. Something is still ignited within me becasue it hurts so much, hence posts like this and my continued attendance and forum posts, but that light flickers less brightly all the time and unless things drastically improve on and off the pitch, I can see a time not too far away, where it might be completely extinguished.

Nonleagueherewecome

I can't understand how you could ever swap teams but my brother has and claims it feels the same as it ever did. We started going to City back in 77 and had season tickets from 85 through to 2006 when he'd just had enough so I continued on my own. Next thing I hear the company he works for have a box at the Villa and so he goes to 80% of their homes games and after about 3 seasons the transformation was complete. He wouldn't recognise anyone from our team has barely been up the Ricoh so its just not his club anymore. The whole thing staggers me but there you go if you're not happy buy the next 3 season tickets down the Villa and move to the dark side.

Got a similar tale with a mate of mine. He moved to the area aged about 15 (he's 35 now) from Norfolk. There wasn't a league team within 30 miles of where he lived before, and he never built up a proper loyalty like most fans.

Although he followed football then, it was mostly on TV and boxing had always been his number-one sport. When I first got to know him, if I pressed him, he'd admit to "sort of" supporting Spurs, but would always stress the "sort of"-he'd never been to a game, just "liked" them in the way kids whose parents don't have a team drift into supporting one.

Then I got hold of him.

I didn't have much money or any transport, so only used to go up to maybe 2 or 3 games a season. When he bought his first car (and I got a p/t job), we started going up pretty regularly. I only realised that he had "flipped" when he celebrated the cracking Dublin goal against Spurs (flicked it over his head, swivelle and BOSH) with as much passion as I did.

That night in the pub, I was asking "what was that all about? I thought you were a Spurs fan?!" He said that he never really supported them in the way he felt he now did City, that cheering the players on in the flesh meant so much more to him than watching someone as MOTD as a kid.

Of course, now he just blames me for the last 14 years of misery, saying "HE got me into supporting Coventry!".

Tonylinc

Of course, now he just blames me for the last 14 years of misery, saying "HE got me into supporting Coventry!".
Reply Reply With Quote Like And for that you should be ashamed of yourself.....just joking....well done.

ampthill_sba

If you have stated in this thread that you're loyal regardless; when we eventually are back in the big time, perhaps decades from now; you will be remember and know that in the darkest moment you still believed.

There's no register; but you all looked on this thread to see who has pledged their loyalty and you now know who are the forum members who really bleed sky blue...

New posters...add your statement of unerring support. Testify!

Astute

If you have stated in this thread that you're loyal regardless; when we eventually are back in the big time, perhaps decades from now; you will be remember and know that in the darkest moment you still believed.

There's no register; but you all looked on this thread to see who has pledged their loyalty and you now know who are the forum members who really bleed sky blue...

New posters...add your statement of unerring support. Testify!

I remember what I thought were the dark days when we were lucky to get 8k at some home games for top flight football. They were dark days, but for a different reason. At least families can go to games safely now. Only problem is there isn't much to go for if you are after fun watching a game.

Users who are viewing this thread