Lucas sad that ccfc don't run ricoh (3 Viewers)

duffer

Sad my arse. If she cared about the club then she could have done what CCC said they were going to do, sit tight and build trust before talking about ownership.

Instead they encouraged, of all things, a franchise club to buy ACL in secret.

It's absolutely cowardly, this pretence to care about the club. She doesn't give a toss for anything beyond her own public persona, certainly not Coventry, and certainly not CCFC or CRFC. She's the epitome of all that is wrong with politicians - crocodile tears and bullshit. I'd have a bit more respect for her if she just shut the fuck up, frankly.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
No my comments about SISU have often been taken down for about seven days whilst the sands blow over....

If enough readers "report" them, they disappear. Some idiots have abused the system in the past.

Only other stuff that gets taken down is libellous/ defamatory comments.

christonabike

So what we are saying is GIVE the stadium to Sisu who had no intention of buying it and tried to bankrupt the company running it on behalf of Coventry tax payers who mainly dont give a fook about CCFC but chose to sell it to a company who will invest in our city etc rather than run court case after court case?
I cant stand her but in reality she has to stand for 330 000 other people of this city who couldnt give a fook about CCFC. Hard but true.

duffer

So what we are saying is GIVE the stadium to Sisu who had no intention of buying it and tried to bankrupt the company running it on behalf of Coventry tax payers who mainly dont give a fook about CCFC but chose to sell it to a company who will invest in our city etc rather than run court case after court case?
I cant stand her but in reality she has to stand for 330 000 other people of this city who couldnt give a fook about CCFC. Hard but true.

I'm not saying that at all - I'm saying that the right course was the one the council outlined on our return, pause and build trust. Instead they sold it to a franchise.

As if that's not bad enough, then there's this pretence that she's sad about it. Get real.

It's absolutely fair enough to act in the best interest of the taxpayer - if Coventry City Football Club conitinue to fail, or even worse leave town as a result of this then of course that hasn't actually happened. And until Wasps actually put hard, cold cash into the City (beyond the knock down deal for the Ricoh) then the claim that they've invested here doesn't hold much water either.

Hard but true.

ccfcway

I'm not saying that at all - I'm saying that the right course was the one the council outlined on our return, pause and build trust. Instead they sold it to a franchise.

As if that's not bad enough, then there's this pretence that she's sad about it. Get real.

It's absolutely fair enough to act in the best interest of the taxpayer - if Coventry City Football Club conitinue to fail, or even worse leave town as a result of this then of course that hasn't actually happened. And until Wasps actually put hard, cold cash into the City (beyond the knock down deal for the Ricoh) then the claim that they've invested here doesn't hold much water either.

Hard but true.

I am not defending wasps, but surely every game they play in the city puts cash into the pockets of many a local business ?

Grendel

I am not defending wasps, but surely every game they play in the city puts cash into the pockets of many a local business ?

For 16 days a year? Frankly that is nonsense. On that basis every council in the country would be seeking franchise opportunities -- oddly they are not.

Still Italia agrees with you -- I wonder why?

oldfiver

Many? How does that work.

The Arena shops,yes and local pubs but then who?

It is a bit like the mantra around more students in the city centre bringing more money to local business. Only if you are Primark and Wetherspoons!

christonabike

She isnt sad so to say that is just what we are thinking but lets get over it. We all hoped to get the best result for us but she has a duty to do her job and she has done. Its all a shambles and the numerous interviews on CWR by both parties spouting shyte just made it drag on and on. Many people will never set foot in the stadium for various reasons but this game off chess from all the cronies will be the end of us if it continues.

Intheknow

For 16 days a year? Frankly that is nonsense. On that basis every council in the country would be seeking franchise opportunities -- oddly they are not.

Still Italia agrees with you -- I wonder why?

your focus seems to be on Wasps which to me is wrong. Wasps have said that they want the Ricoh to be a 365 day business and will invest to make that happen. The rugby is a part of that.

Grendel

ypur focus seems to be on Wasps which to me is wrong. Wasps have said that they want the Ricoh to be a 365 day business and will invest to make that happen. The rugby is a part of that.

Your presence on this forum to me is wrong. I think its time to be banned.

ccfcway

For 16 days a year? Frankly that is nonsense.

not sure of the numbers (i am sure you will tell me), but even at 16,000 per game thats more than a quarter of a million people entering the stadium that wouldn't of without them being there.

You dont think that would help local pubs, shops, taxis, resturants, hotels etc ?

Last edited:

The Gentleman

Sad my arse. If she cared about the club then she could have done what CCC said they were going to do, sit tight and build trust before talking about ownership.

Instead they encouraged, of all things, a franchise club to buy ACL in secret.

It's absolutely cowardly, this pretence to care about the club. She doesn't give a toss for anything beyond her own public persona, certainly not Coventry, and certainly not CCFC or CRFC. She's the epitome of all that is wrong with politicians - crocodile tears and bullshit. I'd have a bit more respect for her if she just shut the fuck up, frankly.

I thought you had a bit more about you but obviously I was wrong. A few weeks ago there was a march in Coventry on a Saturday night and the reason was for women to feel safe on the streets of Coventry. Ann was there, not bigging herself up, not wearing a Wasps scarf or trying to tell everyone who would listen how bad everyone else is in the CCFC saga. She was there because she has a genuine concern for things like that, you know, that women in Coventry feel safe at night. I'm sure we all have wives or girlfriends or daughters or mums etc. I for one would rather she put her energies into things like this than worry about a fucking football team, yes I said fucking football team. The reason being that It is football for fucks sake, we are fans and we love our team but there are far more important things that go on in this city but the way some of you fucking drama queens have been carrying on about this when there is so much more that needs our councils focus is beyond me. My mum and eldest daughter walked with her and my mum said she spoke with a genuine concern for the city and it's inhabitants, yes because not everyone in the city supports CCFC or CRFC or even Wasps for that matter but the way some carry on on this forum, it's like someone has stole your kids with some of the acidic shit that gets thrown at her.

My mum is CEO of a company in Smethwick and has had dealings with lots of councils in deprived areas (of which Coventry has quite a few) and she has crossed paths with Ann quite a bit and she knows that Ann does a lot of unnoticed work in Coventry and never tries to shout it from the rooftops like some people do.

I don't give a shit about your opinion or your beliefs in this shitfest but if you're going to have a pop at people then at least get your fucking facts rights and that goes for the rest of the drama queens on here. I will defend anyone on here or anywhere for that matter if they are willing to do their bit for our city. Just a shame that the fuckers in charge of our football club aren't willing to keep to their responsibilities and do what is right for our football club.

Moff

Think I will use the cliche used by the people who attack those of us who disagree that Wasps are here, namely that the usual suspects are keeping away from commneting on the Ann Luicas lying shitfest, as how can you defend the indefensible.

skybluetony176

Think I will use the cliche used by the people who attack those of us who disagree that Wasps are here, namely that the usual suspects are keeping away from commneting on the Ann Luicas lying shitfest, as how can you defend the indefensible.

What specifically is indefensible again?

egastap

I too am sad that CCFC didn't get the Ricoh Arena. However, failure to acquire the Arena can ONLY be attributed to one party here, I'm afraid. Most City supporters know who that is, but having read some of the diatribe on this forum, there are still a few that speak in venom. Age comes in time, but wisdom takes a bit longer, it seems.

fernandopartridge

I too am sad that CCFC didn't get the Ricoh Arena. However, failure to acquire the Arena can ONLY be attributed to one party here, I'm afraid. Most City supporters know who that is, but having read some of the diatribe on this forum, there are still a few that speak in venom. Age comes in time, but wisdom takes a bit longer, it seems.

SISU forced the council to sell an extended lease to Wasps

hill83

Who gives a fucking shit. The melted scarf and face necked old slag.

hill83

JS48201367-Medium.jpg

Devastated.

Fuck sake. Saviour of Coventry. State of this picture.

chiefdave

Is it April 1st? That piece has to be a wind up surely?

Is she also still against sports teams being moved away from their fans? Does she feel sad for those fans who can't support their team at matches because the Ricoh is further from London than High Wycombe?

If she cared about the club then she could have done what CCC said they were going to do, sit tight and build trust before talking about ownership.

These are the sort of questions the CT should be pressuring her on. There's so many inconsistencies in the council's story. When are the important questions going to be asked?

Users who are viewing this thread