Luis Binks (1 Viewer)

JSL

According to this article Coventry City loan Luis Binks wants away from Bologna

it looks like Luis Binks is keen on making things permanent with the Sky Blues.

Question is, whats the feeling if its true or would the masses prefer David Brekalo given the choice?

For me Binks is in prime position with his foot already established in the door

nunchuckas

He looks ok so far, and from what we've seen I'd have no problems signing him as 3rd choice in a back 2, as it stands. Need to see him given a sustained run in the team to judge properly and see how good he can be. But I'm sure given his age and the way players develop here he could potentially become a great or even top defender.

Having said that, he also hasn't set the world alight, not necessarily his fault due to lack of a run in the team, so I wouldn't say he's worth throwing a lot of money at if there's better permanent options out there, if he's on higher wages or would cost more - but that's based on what we (as fans) have seen.

Overall, I trust Robins and Adi's judgment as they will have seen far more of him in training and will have a better idea of his potential and development ceiling to decide if he's worth what he would cost us to sign, or if they think they can get as good or better for less elsewhere. The advantage is he is the devil we know, so they should be able to make as assured a decision as any in the world of football on whether he is worth the financial outlay or not.

Ash

Anyone know if he’d be adequate cover at LB? If Bidwell and Da Silva are both out, could that then be an option?

Calista

Anyone know if he’d be adequate cover at LB? If Bidwell and Da Silva are both out, could that then be an option?
Yeah I think if you are in the unfortunate position of having to plug in a CB at LB, he'd be decent.

harvey098

Yep, good player. Think he's fine in a back 4 aswell, not just back 5. Realistically to challenge at the top end all season you need 4 good CB's and hes a perfect 3rd / 4th choice with the potential to grow into the 1st / 2nd in the near future imo. Probably does need a more aggressive partner alongside (ala Kitching / Thomas) but hes a classy lad.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah I think if you are in the unfortunate position of having to plug in a CB at LB, he'd be decent.
In our team, Kitching would be more likely to play LB than Binks. He was an overlapping CB in a back 3 for Barnsley.

SkyblueTexan

Sign him up. Has played well when given the chance. Right age as well with potential to get even better.

Users who are viewing this thread