Transfer Rumour Luke McNally (2 Viewers)

robbiethemole

according to Andy Turnip, he's in a predicted side for the weekend!!
It looks like he really is in the know, hahahahahahah

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

No he wasn't. I remember a game at QPR when he was totally out of his depth, much more so than Doyle against Norwich. His passing was terrible.

Just to put it out there, when Harry kane was on loan at Leicester he was out of his depth, but he's done alright for himself.

shmmeee

Doyle’s got a lot better, considering he couldn’t even get in the team at the start, but he’s got a long way to go to be a top level defender. But he is only just 19, couple of years he’ll be a very different player. Best long passing I’ve ever seen from a CB though.

David O'Day

Doyle’s got a lot better, considering he couldn’t even get in the team at the start, but he’s got a long way to go to be a top level defender. But he is only just 19, couple of years he’ll be a very different player. Best long passing I’ve ever seen from a CB though.
Wilson-Esbrand does mention in the interview how hench is compared to the last time he saw him

Deity

WHERE IS MALDINI ON A 19 YEAR CONTRACT?

I don't know much about McNally but is he the experience we need?
He’s got a contract with Man City until 2027 so I think it is fair to assume they think he has potential

SBAndy

Doyle has considerably more talent than Clarke Salter. I know which one I think will go further in the game.

Doyle has a lot of learn but in a few years time should be a top player, although not necessarily at Man City.

Agree. I think back to Ben Turner when he broke through and how naive he looked - went on to play PL football. Doyle will be a mid-level PL centre back for most of his career. As mentioned on a previous thread, it’s just a shame that we won’t be beneficiaries of his development.

robbiekeane

Agree. I think back to Ben Turner when he broke through and how naive he looked - went on to play PL football. Doyle will be a mid-level PL centre back for most of his career. As mentioned on a previous thread, it’s just a shame that we won’t be beneficiaries of his development.
We are currently beneficiaries of his development

Samo

Is this one not happening now?

slowpoke

Good news hopefully, would have preferred a permanent signing but maybe if he’s okay and Burnley get promoted we can extend the loan for next season. Need a striker and AM now.

Warwickhunt

He’s got a contract with Man City until 2027 so I think it is fair to assume they think he has potential
long contracts are the norm nowadays so as to get around the FFP rules.

David O'Day

long contracts are the norm nowadays so as to get around the FFP rules.
Is that for signings though, i.e. you spread the transfer fee over 7 or 8 years to reduce the yearly outlay in you accounts. That's what they are looking at stopping ftwer Chelsea basically abused it

SBbucks

Is that for signings though, i.e. you spread the transfer fee over 7 or 8 years to reduce the yearly outlay in you accounts. That's what they are looking at stopping ftwer Chelsea basically abused it

The longer contracts are not for spreading the transfer fee, as the fee is payable at whatever time the contract says. They are an accounting ruse to improve profitability and therefore help with FFP rules. A player bought for £45m on a 3 year contract would be written off (amortised) at £15m per year so that that the asset (the player) reached zero value at the end of the 3 years. On a 5 year contract they would only write off £9 million per year, thus minimising the loss per year and appearing more profitable year by year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

The longer contracts are not for spreading the transfer fee, as the fee is payable at whatever time the contract says. They are an accounting ruse to improve profitability and therefore help with FFP rules. A player bought for £45m on a 3 year contract would be written off (amortised) at £15m per year so that that the asset (the player) reached zero value at the end of the 3 years. On a 5 year contract they would only write off £9 million per year, thus minimising the loss per year and appearing more profitable year by year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that is what I am saying

According to the accounts the fee is spread over the duration of the contract

Greggs

i'm actually looking forward to seeing this new bloke play. i do like a centre half.

Reactions: AOM

shmmeee

We wanted him in the summer apparently, obviously couldn’t afford him we without a takeover.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
We wanted him in the summer apparently, obviously couldn’t afford him we without a takeover.
Nah, that don't sound right. These are rando panic signings, not ones that the recruitment department had identified and been tracking for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread