Transfer Rumour Luke McNally (1 Viewer)

alexccfc99

Happy with this - Signed by Burnley for £2m only in the summer

Much rather something like this than some washed up mid 30s Centre Half who is just after a payday for 6 months

Bertola

Happy with the signing, but concerned that we could field a back 5 made up entirely of young loanees. If there was an option to buy at the end of the deal I'd be happy

MAFF

Would be a good signing if it wasn’t a loan.

Also hope some people are feeling pretty embarrassed to be loaning a player from Burnley after their weird behaviour towards them in the summer.

shmmeee

Happy with the signing, but concerned that we could field a back 5 made up entirely of young loanees. If there was an option to buy at the end of the deal I'd be happy

I mean we could field a back five consisting entirely of kit men and tea ladies I’d just hope Robins isn’t dumb enough to try it.

Reckon if/when Fadz is back it’ll be Doyle Fadz and this lad at the back and Bidwel and either Dabo or BNC at wingback.

JonesBob

Panzo and maybe this guy are possible Summer signing as their parent clubs are in the Premier and these guys are not that level. On the other hand, Doyle and the two newbies are here just to get experience and will go back to their parent clubs when the season is complete.

rexo87

I mean we could field a back five consisting entirely of kit men and tea ladies I’d just hope Robins isn’t dumb enough to try it.

Reckon if/when Fadz is back it’ll be Doyle Fadz and this lad at the back and Bidwel and either Dabo or BNC at wingback.
Yeah that'd be my preferred back 3. Rose has had more than enough chances now, was awful on Saturday. I quite like Panzo but Doyle is more reliable

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

skybluereeve

Can’t remember what’s he’s like? Which is slightly embarrassing as I’m from Oxford, generally can’t remember him.

chinamans view

Panzo and Rose are better with an experienced cb along side them , Dolye is the problem he gets dragged all over the place. Even he looks as though he has played ok himself

slowpoke

This lad is 23 and Panzo 22 they ain’t kids really, even Doyle is well into his second full season with McFadz said to be back soon, Rose and even Bidwell who can play there I think we are well covered. We need a striker who if this McNally deal l, if it’s for real, is a loan we’d have to buy.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Panzo and Rose are better with an experienced cb along side them , Dolye is the problem he gets dragged all over the place. Even he looks as though he has played ok himself

I like Panzo, I’d be happy with the original plan or rotating them based on form/opposition. Same with Rose TBH.

Reactions: AOM

Pezza

I don't know too much about McNally but seems of a decent pedigree and we do need help at the back. I agree, Rose was awful against Norwich and Doyle is always getting caught. Panzo has had games where he looks a real player, interestingly they're always when he's alongside McFadz who I'm sure is talking him through the game but he's no kid at 22.

We need another forward player though, a forward who can play with Vik, not even as a striker but more as a creative support player. We have far too much reliance on Vik, he literally carries this team and without his goals we's be in bottom 3.

Grendel

Could it be an option that we try to upgrade Panzo to a permanent deal if we needed to free up another loan. Probably wishful thinking

Wishful thinking?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Could it be an option that we try to upgrade Panzo to a permanent deal if we needed to free up another loan. Probably wishful thinking

They paid £1.5m for him - and albeit while I'd imagine a bulk of that will be add-on based - presumably they'll want as close to the figure they paid up front. So depends on the fee involved really. Forest looking like they might stay up this year so if they do I'd imagine they'll definitely look to move him on permanently in the summer.

In any case I doubt that would be something they'd be willing to do in this window anyway.

Frostie

Very good player &, as I said 18 months ago, one I'd loved to have taken on a permanent then but was always likely to have more attractive options.

I wouldn't pin my hopes on this being a loan to permanent either, Burnley have already rebuffed a few L1 clubs looking to take him on loan as they want him at a Championship club.

Nick

Administrator
WHERE IS MALDINI ON A 19 YEAR CONTRACT?

I don't know much about McNally but is he the experience we need?

PVA

He won't be coming here to sit on the bench so presumably that means Rose out of the team once Fadz is back.

Mcnally - Fadz - Doyle certainly looks a lot more solid than Rose - Doyle - Panzo

fernandopartridge

Very good player &, as I said 18 months ago, one I'd loved to have taken on a permanent then but was always likely to have more attractive options.

I wouldn't pin my hopes on this being a loan to permanent either, Burnley have already rebuffed a few L1 clubs looking to take him on loan as they want him at a Championship club.
TBF to Burnley their record of signing centre backs from lower divisions or rejected by big clubs is excellent

Cov98

Panzo and maybe this guy are possible Summer signing as their parent clubs are in the Premier and these guys are not that level. On the other hand, Doyle and the two newbies are here just to get experience and will go back to their parent clubs when the season is complete.
I mean as much as I'd like that to be true, I just can't see it. Both Burnley and Forest paid around £2 million for them not too long ago so I doubt they'd let them go for much less than that. Unless we can fuck off half of the team in the summer I have a feeling wages could also be an issue. Don't think Forest and Burnley would be paying out chump change.

shmmeee

Wonder if he can play in the middle? That's where we are lacking.

Id expect him to go there while Fadz is out if for no other reason than he’s fooking massive and slightly more experienced than Doyle. Put Rose at RCB.

slowpoke

I mean as much as I'd like that to be true, I just can't see it. Both Burnley and Forest paid around £2 million for them not too long ago so I doubt they'd let them go for much less than that. Unless we can fuck off half of the team in the summer I have a feeling wages could also be an issue. Don't think Forest and Burnley would be paying out chump change.
But that’s the market if we want to challenge at the top end of the division we have to shop in

Users who are viewing this thread