Luke thomas - massive concern (1 Viewer)

luwalla

every match now he is in there for man of the match... not just his attacking runs , he is pretty much the first, and sometimes only, one chasing to win second balls. I have a massive concern that if he gets recalled we are in trouble

Jody just ain’t the same player ( injury or step up ) , Chaplin isn’t the messiah , right now, that we thought ( think the pressure has got to him ) and the others are too hit and miss. The only Reason we’re we are where we are is because of a reasonable defence & Luke thomas !

Lord_Nampil

It's quite clear that Thomas is a talent and does so much right however, this is his first season playing week in week out and he is learning. The problem we have when things go wrong or aren't as good as they would be in say 2 or 3 seasons time it hurts us. Its always a risk when you take those types of players on loan that that could happen and clearly it has happened during his loan spell. He did so much right yesterday, yet when we needed him to do something as good as he can he didn't and thats him learning. Sadly ment we didn't go 2-0 and probably gives us the 3 points....

however hes clearly not ready to make the step up to championship football as he is still getting to grips with league 1 and when i say that i mean his end product, his final pass, his shooting etc. He will stay i think, we just need another player on the opposite side doing the same to take maybe that little bit of learning pressure off him.

Nick

Administrator
It isn't just him though. None of our players can really strike a ball, he has been about the only one to really hit the ball properly (a couple of times, his last Walsall one was a mishit).

So many of the others have been scuffs, deflections etc as well. Even Chaplins the other week in the last couple of minutes didn't really make proper contact.

It is as if our whole forward line make the wrong decisions over and over.

jimmy the gonna

Said this for a while now, only player we have at the moment that can beat a man, without him we would have pretty much no attacking threat, If he goes we will be lucky to stay up.

Grendel

He’s really the one attacking outlet we have

Esoterica

It isn't just him though. None of our players can really strike a ball, he has been about the only one to really hit the ball properly (a couple of times, his last Walsall one was a mishit).

So many of the others have been scuffs, deflections etc as well. Even Chaplins the other week in the last couple of minutes didn't really make proper contact.

Mostly down to confidence for me and the type of chances we were creating. We need a few weeks of playing with the core from yesterday, the midfield was so much more dynamic and we were getting bodies in the box. We will create more chances per game without Doyle in there and the goals and confidence will eventually come.

pusbccfc

He's a world ahead of the rest of our attacking options.

chiefdave

There's enough to worry about without worrying if a player will be recalled or not in January.

Can't see him going back personally, he's done well but he's still a way from being a starter in a higher division. He's said he's happy here and wants to stay and is playing every game so surely best to leave him here.

steve82

Mostly down to confidence for me and the type of chances we were creating. We need a few weeks of playing with the core from yesterday, the midfield was so much more dynamic and we were getting bodies in the box. We will create more chances per game without Doyle in there and the goals and confidence will eventually come.

McNulty was the same for a good chunk of last season. Snatching at some chances and never seemed to get a good connection on the ball.
Just takes that bit of luck, confidence then builds off that and momentum and belief comes when the chances come. A run of goals then flow in batches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread