Match Thread Luton Match Thread (Home) (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Luton will paste us. Think it will be toxic tomorrow night.

Finham

I said at the end of last season we needed to aim to be as good as Luton this time round. I don't think we've done a bad job really. Expectations probably driven a bit high by our early season form.
4 points off playoffs-but 27 above the relegation zone I was shocked to see! We've definitely kicked on, but the next step is the hardest and falling back is always a danger. Reading & @Barnsley show how narrow the gap is.

Finham

Think ohare could well be on the bench

if Maatsen starts at LWB

be interesting if 4 in midfield , who the 4th one is or if 2 up front who the 2nd striker is

can’t see godden starting
Is this a way of saying that Waghorn might not be up to it after his illness and he might give Super Fabio a start? :giggle:

Jagmannn

Coventry are starting to look jaded & out of ideas of late .....the most we can hope for is point

ceetee

Perhaps I misheard Robins post-match interview but I got the impression that he might start Godden and Waghorn

Saddlebrains

Perhaps I misheard Robins post-match interview but I got the impression that he might start Godden and Waghorn

Might stay home and clean the carpet for this one. Don't think its going to end well for some nagging reason

Saddlebrains

I just think Saturday shows how crucial OHare is to us

We didn't press whatsoever and when we allow teams to come on to us we look shit, like we were then

JeffB

Honestly listening to some on this thread you would think Luton are some kind of Bayern Munich in disguise. If Birmingham City our struggling neighbours can put 8 past them without reply I am sure with the skill and enterprise we have shown this season that we shoiuld be able to beat this lot. Granted it will not be easy. Remember the 5 nil pasting was precipitated by referee Steve Hatter until I die Martin itching to give Luton a penalty within the first 5 minutes for a foul committed outside the box which set the theme for the match This match is refereed by Oliver Langford who presided over an altogether more pleasant away day for us at Stoke last season.
Please also remember that this willl be Luton's 3rd game in 6 days. Our boss is always banging on about how the Southampton match knocked seven bells out of our players well I cannot imagine Luton's team will be as fresh as daisies after the gruelling encounter with Chelsea followed by an arduous and abortive trip to Teeside and arriving at the CBS less than 3 days later.
I believe our players will go into this match very much aware that we owe Luton one big style and also that we played Swansea on Saturday who had nothing to play for when we were desperate for the points and we didn't show up until the second half.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread