Match Thread Luton Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 28th Oct (2 Viewers)

johnwillomagic

Hmm not confident at all about this one - not sure who will be fit but doubting Jones will be but think Stokes will be....given these assumptions would go 4-4-2

Burge GK
Stokes LB
Willis CB
Macdonald CB
Grimmer RB
Vincenti RM
Haynes LM
Kelly CM
Doyle CM
Duck ST
McNulty ST

Subs: O'Brien, Davies, DKE, Stevenson, Maycock, Ponticelli, Beavon

itsabuzzard

I just hope Hylton who plays on the right hand side of their attacking unit doesn't rip Haynes aoart defensively.

Woukd be alot more comfortable playing this one very tight defensively. Let them their get frustrsted. And hopefully nick it on the break.

Would gring back Stokes for this one. jy point being heing we shoukdht fear them, but a point at there woukd Be a very good point. But hopefullynick it by keping it quiet.

0-1 smash and grab.
You had a few refreshments or just got fat fingers?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

We have a good all-time record against them:
Played 78, won 40, drew 14, lost 24.
However since 1990, we've played them six times away and lost five of the six.
Can't see anything but a defeat in this game.

coop

I think we will get stuffed they can score goals we can't. Ok we don't concede many but haven't played a good side yet.Notts county was first game so not counting them .

Warwickhunt

I think we will get stuffed they can score goals we can't. Ok we don't concede many but haven't played a good side yet.Notts county was first game so not counting them .
There are no good sides in this division, however we have played quite a few sides in the top 6 after the Luton game as compared to other clubs. The good clubs we don’t seem to play shite against it’s the shit digging teams we suffer with.

SkyBlueSoul

Hmm not confident at all about this one - not sure who will be fit but doubting Jones will be but think Stokes will be....given these assumptions would go 4-4-2

Burge GK
Stokes LB
Willis CB
Macdonald CB
Grimmer RB
Vincenti RM
Haynes LM
Kelly CM
Doyle CM
Duck ST
McNulty ST

Subs: O'Brien, Davies, DKE, Stevenson, Maycock, Ponticelli, Beavon

Assuming Stokes is fit and Jodi is still out I'd go for exactly the same

I'll be in the home end for this one, got a couple of Luton supporting mates I'm catching up with. Spending the weekend with them so I need us to finally hit the net because a) I'm not sure we'll keep them out and b) I'll be getting dog's abuse if we get stuffed

Nick

Administrator
Would think Jones injury wasn't too serious, he was playing football with the kids yesterday.

larry_david

They drew 0-0 with Crawley. I'm not particularly worried. In fact this is the sort of game we'll win and it will piss me off the amount of dropped points against dross in this league.

skybluetony176

Got a bad feeling about this one. They have the second best defensive record in the league and we don’t look like scoring so can’t see us getting a goal, yes we have the best defensive record in the league but they also have the best scoring record in the league so I can see us struggling to not concede. Don’t think they’ll hammer us but I’m going for a Luton win 1-0

SkyBlueSoul

Knowing us we'll shut out the league's highest scorers and win 1-0 with an own goal that means our own striker's goal drought continues

mechaishida

The goal drought may end here, since Luton may be overly occupied with battering our defence. The best we can hope for is a narrow win and try to counter attack with a bit more feckin ruthlessness.

2-1 City.

On the other hand...we could be in for a battering if they grab an early goal and pin us back. It's winnable, every game is, we just need a goal to settle the nerves.

Irish Sky Blue

Strangely I feel a win to calm the doubters. 0-2
I think we will win 2-0 as well. We have been the better team in every game we have played this season with the possible exception of the game at Accrington. All of this without playing very well. I think a team that comes at us will allow us to pick them off. I will probably put a tenner on this so that will absolutely put the kybosh on it meaning Luton will win.

Gazolba

There are no good sides in this division, <snip>.
The side that is top is better than everyone else, so they are by definition 'good'.

better days

Would think Jones injury wasn't too serious, he was playing football with the kids yesterday.

If he plays I think Robins needs to tell our team to make sure the nearest players need to jump in quick if Jones is being kicked off the ball early on
Especially if they are sneaky after the ball has gone fouls that refs can miss as they follow the path of the ball
If the perpetrators get an early booking they can't do it again and kick him out of the game without risking a red
We have good team spirit but we need to back each other up if individuals are targeted and make a fuss so the officials can't ignore it

cloughie

we set up the same home and away2 defending midfielders but sadly only Jones as a releases yet inconsistent end product be it cross or shoot
If ever there was a game to give The only goal scorer who is in form a full game where he will get more space then this is it

Gaz71

I have 2 tickets for the Luton game, they are Under 22 concession tickets in the Oak road stand, cost £41.00 open to offers.

Ashdown

I fear the worst, it's not the game you need when you are off the back of a few scoring blanks. If/when we lose this the negativity will be enormous and the fingers will be pointing again at the owners and others will be questioning the manager !
All that said, if they are willing to play more open football and not park that frustrating bus like most teams then we could surprise a few pundits !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Heart says City to win 0 - 2, but head says 1 - 0 to Luton.

SkyBlueSoul

I’m starting to think this could be an entertaining game what with them attacking us and us countering.

Still think they’ll have too much though, can see a valiant 3-2 loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsabuzzard

A 3-0 rogering and a wake-up call for those who think we're going to get an auto spot.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread