LWCCFC charity match (1 Viewer)

TTG

Adge

Thanks anyone who came, helpers and of course all the players. Especially Jordan and his family and Doyler.

Officially 488 but i think 300-350 who paid, excl kids and sponsors etc, with the raffle too, hopefully a decent amount for both charities. Had lots of costs for ground, kit, players, st johns, refs, framed shirts etc but had some sponsors too that helped. Pleased it's over, glad we done it, great day - knackered!

Legends were simply that - legends. Some real nice guys and got into the spirit of events. Would be so nice if we had more days like this and endorsed by the club.

PUSB!
Hey, hope you didn’t trouser the Refs/Officials fees-we waived them!:D

rob9872

Hey, hope you didn’t trouser the Refs/Officials fees-we waived them!:D
Lol if that's you, thanks. Not seen the fonal numbers yet but you're in the budget. It was me who met you outside an then said "thanks refs" as you were leaving the pitch.

Should've introduced yourselves - perhsps next time :)

Adge

Lol if that's you, thanks. Not seen the fonal numbers yet but you're in the budget. It was me who met you outside an then said "thanks refs" as you were leaving the pitch.

Should've introduced yourselves - perhsps next time :)
Yes, I was bench side and my son was on the other line on the crowd side.
Would be great if it’s an annual event-guess we’ll hear more about it at the next meeting ref figures/money raised etc.

rob9872

Yes, I was bench side and my son was on the other line on the crowd side.
Would be great if it’s an annual event-guess we’ll hear more about it at the next meeting ref figures/money raised etc.
22nd Aug I think. Marshy been out with the boys tonight and has some stories so should be good value for the event. Also out with Peter Bodak, so funny, natural front man. Will try to get him down too, although some of the stuff unrepeatable :)

rob9872

Bussty out too, lovely fella. Always heard people say nice things about him, but only really met him formally. I'm sure lots of you know him much better than me, but nothing too much trouble for him. Genuine club legend.

sticker

To those who are saying it was a bit one sided, the supporters club's star player, Mark (Messi) Massey was ruled out with a broken finger. May have been a different outcome, otherwise?
Not sure who you are Harry but i will live with that, yes ide have loved the chance to play against them, being a keeper i will always say i wouldnt have let all those in lol. Believe me when i say, the movement off the ball of these player was unbeliveable and when you are playing against Doyler and Baker its impossible to stick with them. Great day and great experience even though i was unable to play :)

Last edited:

Adge

To be fair to the supporters keeper in the first half although the goals went in he did have a decent half and pulled off a few decent saves!
Got his £60 worth anyway-fair play to him.

sticker

To be fair to the supporters keeper in the first half although the goals went in he did have a decent half and pulled off a few decent saves!
Got his £60 worth anyway-fair play to him.
100% agree, to be fair he wasnt a keeper, he volunteered when i got injured so fair play to him :)

rob9872

Did Doyle play?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He did, but you wouldn't know it. Controlled midfield, scored a nice goal, but looked like he hadnt broken sweat at the end. Class.

Users who are viewing this thread