Maddison (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Sky Blue Harry H

I might be going blind, but where's this reference?

Not just you mate - guessing he must have said that elsewhere ? (although if he did I'd have been a bit hacked off if I was a Norwich fan that he'd come out with that - even if it's inevitable)

Sky Blue Harry H

Sad for him, sad for us - although if he recovers, it will only delay the cash for a year. Let's hope it's not as bad as those at Carrow Road seem to think. Scan over the next couple of days.

rob9872

Would make such a difference regardless of league we're in. I swear this club is jinxed.

rob9872

Would make such a difference regardless of league we're in. I swear this club is jinxed.

torchomatic

Sky Blue Harry H

We'd better hope Calum Wilson gets sold on now! We'll have the Madders money next year, plus we've got the play off and Wembley takings to swell the coffers.

stevefloyd

giphy.gif

Terry_dactyl

I do feel sorry for him. he has developed as many on here have said he would. Looks destined for the prem. If it is an ACL injury, and let’s be honest, it probably is, it will delay his development...
But at the same time are you fucking kidding me?! Unbelievable. How the fuck can this injury fuck us over 3 times in one season!!!???
There. Minor meltdown over. Deep breaths.

wingy

Seems particularly cruel and unlucky if as I think it's the last game of the season.
Knock ons for him Norwich and us.
Future value affected ?

Brylowes

I can’t believe some people think Maddison’s transfer from Norwich (if it happens)
Will have any bearing on our budget for next season.

skybluesam66

I can’t believe some people think Maddison’s transfer from Norwich (if it happens)
Will have any bearing on our budget for next season.
I expect it will in as much it should protect us from a downside in other areas
Extra FA cup money and play off money this season wont harm either

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I expect it will in as much it should protect us from a downside in other areas
Extra FA cup money and play off money this season wont harm either

Exactly. It won't lead to a direct increase in our playing budget but a Maddison sale may mean we're in a stronger position and don't need to sell one of Willis/Bayliss/McNulty/Jones etc. to balance the books for next season.

SkyBlueCRJ

Exactly. It won't lead to a direct increase in our playing budget but a Maddison sale may mean we're in a stronger position and don't need to sell one of Willis/Bayliss/McNulty/Jones etc. to balance the books for next season.

This is the likely factor in all seriousness. Rather than us needing to sell in order to break even, the ball will be in our court when clubs knock on the door for the likes of the above mentioned players. It also could mean we can extend some contracts that are due to expire in the summer of 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread