Magnus Hedman (1 Viewer)

Covstu

He was a decent keeper but given the keepers we had after in Kirkland and westy then he doesn’t compare. Missus was mint though

Grendel

took a promising team playing good football under Black to an absolute shitheap of a side.

He agreed to take the job on certain conditions. One was that Callum Davenport was not sold. mcginnity agreed

One day in training davenport was not there. Reid was trying to find where he was

Mcginnity ambles along. “He’s gone Peter what can I do”

What then would you do?

SBT

He agreed to take the job on certain conditions. One was that Callum Davenport was not sold. mcginnity agreed

One day in training davenport was not there. Reid was trying to find where he was

What then would you do?

I don't know, spend the transfer money on a pay rise for Neil Wood? Pay someone to write some more pro-Reid fanfiction? Finding yet another chance to slag off McGinnity is one thing, but I draw the line at a Peter Reid hagiography.

Grendel

I don't know, spend the transfer money on a pay rise for Neil Wood? Pay someone to write some more pro-Reid fanfiction? Finding yet another chance to slag off McGinnity is one thing, but I draw the line at a Peter Reid hagiography.

It’s well known mcginnity was a nightmare and sold players behind managers backs, never talked to managers and was asset stripping at that time in an obscene way

SBT

It’s well known mcginnity was a nightmare and sold players behind managers backs, never talked to managers and was asset stripping at that time in an obscene way

A nightmare chairman was far from a unique problem for a manager at that level, in the post ITV Digital years. I know you like to subscribe to the 'McGinnity as boogyman' theory, but that doesn't absolve Reid. The fact that resources were scarce only further damns him for spending what we did have on Tim Sherwood and Neil Wood.

Reid botched the job he was at before he came here, and his career never recovered after he left. He was cooked. And "If only he'd had Callum Davenport all season" doesn't strike me as a good excuse for him.

You asked the question, "What then would you do?". What did Reid do? His masterplan was to draft in Florent Laville from the Premiership - says it all really.

Legia Sky Blue

Only a caretaker I know but Richard Shaw must statistically have the worse managerial record. 4 straight defeats against the mighty Crewe, Stevenage, Tranmere and Shrewsbury. If Shaw had done half decently in those games he would have got the job, and we would never have got MR.

weecohawena

What then would you do?

Oh McGinnity was a shitehawk but Davenport being sold didn't really have an impact on the woeful football we played. One last pay day we were for him. Don't think he managed again other than the Thai national team.

Blind-Faith

Davenport was arguably our best player. Was my favourite anyway so might be clouded judgement, but it definitely didn’t help the team.

Grendel

A nightmare chairman was far from a unique problem for a manager at that level, in the post ITV Digital years. I know you like to subscribe to the 'McGinnity as boogyman' theory, but that doesn't absolve Reid. The fact that resources were scarce only further damns him for spending what we did have on Tim Sherwood and Neil Wood.

Reid botched the job he was at before he came here, and his career never recovered after he left. He was cooked. And "If only he'd had Callum Davenport all season" doesn't strike me as a good excuse for him.

You asked the question, "What then would you do?". What did Reid do? His masterplan was to draft in Florent Laville from the Premiership - says it all really.

His stats were better than:

Coleman
McCallister
Boothroyd
thorn

Within 1% of Adams so it’s absurd to say he was the worst even in the championship

SBT

His stats were better than:

Coleman
McCallister
Boothroyd
thorn

Within 1% of Adams so it’s absurd to say he was the worst even in the championship

Never said he was the worst, I just don't agree with leaping to his defense like you did! Given the circumstances of his arrival and his questionable commitment to the job (or any job, if you look at his post-Sunderland record) I think it's fair to put him in the conversation, even if I'd eventually pick someone else. Far more absurd to give him a pass because of lack of resources, when his whole mission brief was getting us promoted on a shoestring.

Irish Sky Blue

The football under Reid was awful as were his signigs. He jettisoned Gudjonson who had been great for us under Black, sent McSheffrey out on loan to Luton with his replacement being a Man Utd youth player (can't remember his name) who did nothing for us or in his later career. When he left, we were heading for relegation with a team that under Black has been in play off form. He was better than Slade but that's about it I think.

Adge

The football under Reid was awful as were his signigs. He jettisoned Gudjonson who had been great for us under Black, sent McSheffrey out on loan to Luton with his replacement being a Man Utd youth player (can't remember his name) who did nothing for us or in his later career. When he left, we were heading for relegation with a team that under Black has been in play off form. He was better than Slade but that's about it I think.
Neil Wood/Eddie Johnson?

Users who are viewing this thread