Maidstone Tickets (4 Viewers)

SBT

We don't have the squad to do that.
We have a backup GK, LB, CB, CM and at least one striker who won’t be starting against Preston - they should all start against Maidstone as a bare minimum, even if you have some square pegs. If we can spare one of our players who’ve had fatigue issues lately (O’Hare, Sakamoto, Eccles) by starting one of the U21s then we should do that too.

We’ve been dealt the best possible hand with this draw, why are we so scared to play it?

David O'Day

We have a backup GK, LB, CB, CM and at least one striker who won’t be starting against Preston - they should all start against Maidstone as a bare minimum, even if you have some square pegs. If we can spare one of our players who’ve had fatigue issues lately (O’Hare, Sakamoto, Eccles) by starting one of the U21s then we should do that too.

We’ve been dealt the best possible hand with this draw, why are we so scared to play it?
The "back up" LB and CB's are not in anyway "back ups" and just as likely to start a league game as they are to start this game.

The "back up" keeper started the last league game as well.

Captain_Slackbladder

You can see him in the video roll forward on purpose. Strange how it's happen to anyone else isn't it.

Defend your mate all you want but he was a prick who could of really hurt someone.
He's not my mate, I just happened to speak to him. I wasn't defending it, just stating it wasn't on purpose and I could see how it could have happened. I am a Coventry fan BTW who has lived in Maidstone for a decade so go to some of their games

David O'Day

He's not my mate, I just happened to speak to him. I wasn't defending it, just stating it wasn't on purpose and I could see how it could have happened. I am a Coventry fan BTW who has lived in Maidstone for a decade so go to some of their games
ok not an accident but each to their own

SBT

The "back up" LB and CB's are not in anyway "back ups" and just as likely to start a league game as they are to start this game.

The "back up" keeper started the last league game as well.
If we have the ability to make changes, we should make them. Any rest we can get for our best available XI four days before a massive game at WBA is absolutely huge for us. Much more important than mitigating the risk of fucking Maidstone United taking us by surprise.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It wasn't, I spoke to him the day after and once he started rolling there was nothing to stop him. Appreciate it does look deliberate from some of the footage, but it definitely wasn't. The surface is steeper that I looks and pretty slick from memory. He was back out in the pubs in Maidstone that night.
Not at all convinced. Did absolutely nothing to stop himself . Didn't stick his arms out but in fact just went with it. Good for him he was back in the pub. Probably bigging himself up all night.

Reactions: SBT

ccfcchris

Without wishing it to look like I'm bigging us up the Maidstone boys will be fired up for this one and will find on the night so much extra than they would for a normal game. It will probably be the biggest game of their lives which is unlikely to be repeated.

We must treat them with the utmost respect and crush them as quickly as possible. We have history of losing to underdogs and I hope we crush them by many goals.

David O'Day

Without wishing it to look like I'm bigging us up the Maidstone boys will be fired up for this one and will find on the night so much extra than they would for a normal game. It will probably be the biggest game of their lives which is unlikely to be repeated.

We must treat them with the utmost respect and crush them as quickly as possible. We have history of losing to underdogs and I hope we crush them by many goals.
It's nothing personal regarding Maidstone but I just hope they are back sat on their coaches by 70 minutes.

NWS

The obsession is not wanting to get our good players injured in a game against a 6th tier side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen another comment about us kicking you off the park if we are losing heavily. We are not generally a clogging side. While our players are not at the levels of finesse you see at Championship (otherwise they wouldn't be at Maidstone) we do try to play and if anything it can get frustrating when clogger sides kick us about and win.

Ashdown

As someone else suggested the FOMO will kick in soon.
Just out of interest, what is the record highest score in an FA cup 5th round tie….
I think it will be closer but still curious 🤷‍♂️

CV22SBA

As someone else suggested the FOMO will kick in soon.
Just out of interest, what is the record highest score in an FA cup 5th round tie….
I think it will be closer but still curious 🤷‍♂️
Spurs beat Rochdale 6.1 about 5 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread