Maidstone Tickets (5 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Spurs beat Rochdale 6.1 about 5 years ago.
Didn't we beat someone in an earlier round about 11-0 at Highfield Road and Darren Huckerby scored 14 of them ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We are no Ipswich when it comes to support
But then again they have a very big hard core support. They are one of the best supported clubs in the land. Only restricted by a ground capacity of around 29k. They probably could have sold 35k and more for many of their matches this season.

pusbccfc

14.4K home tickets sold as off 5.30 last night.
Club expecting 24K at the moment.

So just under 20,000 tickets sold. They genuinely think only 4000 will be sold between now and Monday? Surely not. Will be a lot more than that, especially if we win Friday.

There's no rush to get tickets yet.

San Francisco

We really should be putting at least 6 or 7 past these, even with a team made up mostly of our second string. Way too many on here have been traumatised by our years of decline.

Yeah essentially this. People point and say stuff about losing to Hereford and Worcester years ago despite us being in L1 and having an absolutely dross team, manager and owners and on the decline.
Where we are now is so much different.

As I've said before, I fully expect us to win at least 7-0.

bigfatronssba

Yeah essentially this. People point and say stuff about losing to Hereford and Worcester years ago despite us being in L1 and having an absolutely dross team, manager and owners and on the decline.
Where we are now is so much different.

As I've said before, I fully expect us to win at least 7-0.

We lost to a non league team just 13 months ago.

We shouldn't be cocky

Otis

I’m only expecting a rout if we decide to go all out to thrash them with a full-strength side and tbh there’s no reason why we need to do that.

The last two times there was a four-tier gap between teams in this round of the FA Cup, the bigger teams made a load of changes, took it easy and won 2 or 3-0

Exactly how I see it

2 or 3 nil would do just fine. Job done and hopefully no injuries.

skybluecam

I’m only expecting a rout if we decide to go all out to thrash them with a full-strength side and tbh there’s no reason why we need to do that.

The last two times there was a four-tier gap between teams in this round of the FA Cup, the bigger teams made a load of changes, took it easy and won 2 or 3-0

And the 3rd last time?

Premier League Burnley made changes and lost 1-0 to Lincoln.

SBT

And the 3rd last time?

Premier League Burnley made changes and lost 1-0 to Lincoln.
I mean, fine, but that was literally the first time in 100 years a non-league team has made it that far. They had one shot on target the whole game and it went in, another total fluke. Not the kind of risk we need to be throwing huge resources at, especially when we have WBA four days later.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I don't get why all this 6 7 8-0 stuff is being said. When prem/championship teams draw non league sides how often is that actually the case ?

A full strength Everton only managed a 2-0 win at home to boreham wood a couple of years ago ...

Exactly, Maidstone will park the bus 🚌 and try to catch us on the break. 🤔

Brylowes

But then again they have a very big hard core support. They are one of the best supported clubs in the land. Only restricted by a ground capacity of around 29k. They probably could have sold 35k and more for many of their matches this season.
One of the best supported clubs in the land, I’m not sure what makes you say that.

Their attendances this season have been decent & 21,000 last season isn’t bad either, but before that you have to go back to 2010 to find the last time they hit 20,000.

They have managed an average in excess of 20,000 in 24 seasons in their history and have never had a season average in excess of 30,000, this despite winning the League Championship, the FA Cup & the Cup Winners Cup and numerous seasons qualifying for and competing in European competition.

We on the other hand have managed an average in excess of 20,000 in 27 seasons including 3 of over 30,000.

HadjiChippo

One of the best supported clubs in the land, I’m not sure what makes you say that.

Their attendances this season have been decent & 21,000 last season isn’t bad either, but before that you have to go back to 2010 to find the last time they hit 20,000.

They have managed an average in excess of 20,000 in 24 seasons in their history and have never had a season average in excess of 30,000, this despite winning the League Championship, the FA Cup & the Cup Winners Cup and numerous seasons qualifying for and competing in European competition.

We on the other hand have managed an average in excess of 20,000 in 27 seasons including 3 of over 30,000.
I’d be interested to see where you're seeing these numbers, even during the 90s we only had 3 seasons where we averaged over 20,000. And in our post premier league years we’ve only averaged over 20,000 three times (including this season)

Ipswich averaged 26,000 in league one last season and 21000+ the season before that. Since 2000 their average attendances have definitely been better than ours. In fact between 2000 and 2010 they didn’t dip below 20,000 avg attendance once, whilst we were struggling to get above 18000 regularly and went as low as 14,000 a few times.

you also have to take into account Coventrys population is around twice the size of Ipswich’s.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

I’d be interested to see where you're seeing these numbers, even during the 90s we only had 3 seasons where we averaged over 20,000. And in our post premier league years we’ve only averaged over 20,000 three times (including this season)

Ipswich averaged 26,000 in league one last season and 21000+ the season before that. Since 2000 their average attendances have definitely been better than ours. In fact between 2000 and 2010 they didn’t dip below 20,000 avg attendance once, whilst we were struggling to get above 18000 regularly and went as low as 14,000 a few times.

you also have to take into account Coventrys population is around twice the size of Ipswich’s.

Not this thing about population sizes again. We know that it’s not comparable.

Has people believing that Coventry is bigger than Leicester & Nottingham

CV22SBA

bloody hell mate how far are you going back?

bigfatronssba

Ipswich’s post 2010 attendances weren’t great in the championship. They weren’t getting anything that we wouldn’t have got if we’d been in that position at the time.

Like us, going down and then rebuilding seems to have grown their support

IMG_1619.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread