Man City v Barcelona on General Sale (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Apologies for talking about another club, but it does relate to CCFC.

CCFC have and always will be MY team. Since taking up Spanish at the age of 12 my spanish teacher was a Barcelona fan and used to show us all La Liga highlights etc so I grew fond of them and they became my 'Spanish Team' (i know i will get slaughtered for that) so I have been across the Nou Camp every year for the last 6 years. This year myself and three mates decided we would go to the Man City v Barcelona fixture at the Nou Camp.

Anyway after getting our tickets for that, i noticed on Tuesday night that Man City v Barcelona tickets at the Etihad were to go on General Sale?! I couldn't believe it to be honest, but not only did they go on General Sale, it was rumoured to be 20,000 seats. I bought one as i am, and always will be, happy to pay £50 to watch the Worlds best footballers on show.

At the start of this season upon our return to the Ricoh Arena, we sold 27,000 tickets to see us play Gillingham in League 1. Granted some were jumping on the bandwagon in a similar way to I am with Man City v Barca but swap us for the position of Manchester City. Some of the best players on the planet, infinite money playing arguably the biggest team in the planet in one of the biggest games in their history and me an average fan from coventry can get a ticket. Surely if we had just won the league for the second time in three years, were playing Barcelona in the Champions League, we would have enough Season Ticket holders and Members to get 40,000 fans inside a stadium before it went on General Sale or at least not 20,000 tickets?

People go on about how fickle some of our fan base is, which is in some instances correct, but it goes to show its equally as fickle in the current Premier League Champions.

covcity4life

My+grandma+s+cool+story+bro_e03cbf_3997646.png

leachy19

Been trying to get tickets for City Barcelona at the Etihad for ages. Where are they on sale, can't see anything on MCFC

Noggin

They have 36000 season tickets and a wait list for season tickets. It's hard to imagine that it's true that 20,000 tickets went onto general sale Though I guess if you've spent £600 on a season ticket watching a game that costs £50 midweek in february at home/pub for free is tempting however big the team you are playing is. It's not like they struggled to sell them all.

CCFC PimpRail

£50 for one game watching top flight footballers, Vs the same for three games of third tier football. I don't know why you're asking...

LB87ccfc

Would NEVER go and watch anyone else than us home or away weather its playing barcelona madrid anyone, just don't get it.

The Gentleman

Would NEVER go and watch anyone else than us home or away weather its playing barcelona madrid anyone, just don't get it.

A few of my mates who are CCFC fans but also enjoy football have done some of the large derbies around the world. You don't have to support the teams but is it any different than watching Chelsea v Man City on super Sunday?

fernandopartridge

A few of my mates who are CCFC fans but also enjoy football have done some of the large derbies around the world. You don't have to support the teams but is it any different than watching Chelsea v Man City on super Sunday?

Good point. Or even paying for a Sky subscription at all.

smileycov

Facebook User
So are you just a cov fan and not a fan of football? Just because people watch other games doesn't mean there not cov fans anymore. Always amuses me statements like that.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

They have 36000 season tickets and a wait list for season tickets. It's hard to imagine that it's true that 20,000 tickets went onto general sale Though I guess if you've spent £600 on a season ticket watching a game that costs £50 midweek in february at home/pub for free is tempting however big the team you are playing is. It's not like they struggled to sell them all.

Out of interest where did you see they had 36,000 season tickets. Not saying its not true at all but you can also get tickets for Hull on saturday, newcastle following week and Leicester off their website. There are also a vast array of empty seats at nearly every game. Not that this is a negative at all but Man City are renowned for having some of the cheapest STs in the premier league, you can get them close to £300 so the £50 shouldnt be too much of an ask for a game as big as this. Other clubs seem to manage it.
I would imagine with the vast amount of tourists i have seen on my two previous visits to the Etihad a lot of the season tickets are bought purely to resell to visitors online and thus the empty seats make up those that aren't sold

covcity4life

if you love football you can watch other teams,doesn't mean you support them!

ive seen man utd vs inter milan, newcastle vs man utd in fa cup semi final cardiff,barca vs malaga, arsenal vs brum, holland vs n ireland before, cracking experiences.

The Gentleman

if you love football you can watch other teams,doesn't mean you support them!

ive seen man utd vs inter milan, newcastle vs man utd in fa cup semi final cardiff,barca vs malaga, arsenal vs brum, holland vs n ireland before, cracking experiences.

Fucking knew it, part time supporter!!

SkyBlueSid

Manchester City were relegated from the Premier League at the same time as us, and they hit the third tier well before us too. The difference in the direction taken by the two clubs since then is alarming. It is well illustrated by the fact that the night before they play at the Camp Nou in front of 99000 in the Champions League, City will be at Fleetwood with around 3000 there.

Noggin

Out of interest where did you see they had 36,000 season tickets. Not saying its not true at all but you can also get tickets for Hull on saturday, newcastle following week and Leicester off their website. There are also a vast array of empty seats at nearly every game. Not that this is a negative at all but Man City are renowned for having some of the cheapest STs in the premier league, you can get them close to £300 so the £50 shouldnt be too much of an ask for a game as big as this. Other clubs seem to manage it.
I would imagine with the vast amount of tourists i have seen on my two previous visits to the Etihad a lot of the season tickets are bought purely to resell to visitors online and thus the empty seats make up those that aren't sold

Man City do have some of the cheapest season tickets, though they also have plenty of expensive season tickets too Early bird prices for people renewing in the family stand might be £300, but normal prices for the other 3 stands are £400 to £730, still relatively cheap for the talent on offer but you can still see why some people might take televised cup games off however good they are. The season tickets are sold out and have a wait list and they are expanding the stadium to allow for more season tickets. Every club has tickets that go on sale don't they? I'm not sure if thats because you aren't allowed to sell out the entire stadium as season tickets or if they just don't think it's a good idea.

£50 isn't too much of an ask for the game is it? they sold out easily 3 weeks in advance.

If you wish to find a source for the 36000 season tickets search manchester city 36000 there is lots of them, they have sold them out for the last 5 years and apparently at one point had a waiting list of 15000, not sure what it is now. They sold out all but 1 premier league game last year but not every European game, that said they don't insist their season ticket holders by cup tickets like some other teams.

CJ_covblaze

Something I've picked up from podcasts, tweets and listening to phone ins is that some Man City fans aren't that bothered about the Champions League. Partly due to protest regarding the fiasco in Moscow earlier this season.

As well as City and England I've done a few neutral games this season and got a few more penciled in. Been to 41 matches in total so far. Writing a blog on it if you've got a few minutes spare to take a look https://cjcovblaze.wordpress.com/2014/08/23/my-2014-15-football-season/

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Great read CJ! I keep all my tickets from games i've been to. Have done 23 this season so not quite matching your numbers but love the idea of a blog and might steal your idea for next season :)

Sky Blue Dal

why ddint council sell ricoh to mcfc? we must make the people of coventry happy!

Bloody hell .. why don't you just let it lie.

The Ricoh is gone, our owners messed up big time... nothing can change that now... Move on will you... Let concentrate on the future survival of our beloved club.

CJ_covblaze

I love the contrast with the players. McQuoid has got nothing on Zlatan :)

Users who are viewing this thread