Man U / Fergie (1 Viewer)

georgehudson

no they weren't, it was just another example of sycophants praising an individual who has bullied his way for many years,
& remember it's a whole lot easier when you have lots of dosh to play with,
for any tupperware browsers,
please explain the number of keepers (19?) / cost (undisclosed),
between Schmeichel & Van Der Sar,
imho, of course,
FOP & PUSB

Tonylinc

I too am no Man Utd. fan but you have to acknowledge what a great Manager he has been. Some get lucky over a season or two but this guy has done it consistently for some 26 years.

Tad

What an utter disgrace Rooney is. If he wants to go, fine, but leave it for another day you silly man child. Today was about Fergie. I doubt we'll see another manager like him again sadly. All the best to him.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
What an utter disgrace Rooney is. If he wants to go, fine, but leave it for another day you silly man child. Today was about Fergie. I doubt we'll see another manager like him again sadly. All the best to him.

What did he do?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What did he do?

Fergies announced in his interview when asked why Rooney wasn't in the match day squad that Rooneys mind isn't the right place, he's asked for a transfer which was been declined, and he needs tomato away and think about things. Looked like a spoilt child collecting his medal too! Reluctantly shaking the hand of Fergie.

I can't see who will want him (or be able to afford him at that) so can't see him going anytime soon.

Is it the same trick he played some yrs back in order to push for a new contract?

rupert_bear

End of an era and love them or hate them the United faithful gave a fantastic finale for again love him or hate him a great football manager. He will be missed. Perhaps in Steven Pressey we can....well perhaps not.

Brighton Sky Blue

Truth be told we have rarely seen Wayne Rooney at his best for some time and it goes to emphasise how important van Persie was to their title success. I don't think they'll miss him if he goes and he could be replaced more easily than some think.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd say he's for sale tbh ,semantics aside,its merely about how much??

Supposedly entering his physical peak and his form has been very average indeed-though quite why you'd be so unhappy playing for United is beyond me.

WillieStanley

Like them or not, he has tried to build that club the right way and succeeded. A good balance of a decent youth system and investment, along with United as an international franchise has ensured their success. As an England fan I've enjoyed many moments as a by product of their ethos and youth system.

Manchester United, I have the upmost respect for. Their fans on the other hand, are usually idiots who have little in the way of intellegence or appreciation for football as a british institution. One such example was a story a guy in a pub told me when I asked him why United - "It's not that I'm a glory supporter!! My family aren't from England and when my dad moved over here, he wanted to support the best team in the land. At that time it was Manchester United and we've all followed that tradition." Where did your dad live when he moved here? "Birmingham"

Obviously I exclude my wife and in-laws from my fan bashing and acknowledge that not all fans are as stated above.

I guess one of the reasons people don't like United, certainly from my generation, growing up in the 90's was that, at school, it wasn't enough that United fans supported them because they were good, they felt they had to constantly belittle Coventry fans, perhaps to somehow justify the fact they'd never been to Old Trafford. They'd take more joy in Coventry's defeats than in their own teams victories, and when United lost, it was justifiable - or even tactical losing, or "We didn't want to win this year anyway, Fergie even said". To top it off, when we DID manage to beat them at HR, it was because we were playing a weakened side or that they were just having an off day. Take it on the chin, mate, we're little Coventry at the wrong half of the table with 23k stadium - we met your lot and battered em - it happens. On the day we rose to the challenge.

In conclusion, though, I prefer a team/club whatever you wish to call it to gain constant success the way Man U and Fergie have than they way Chelsea and Man City have. Also, I have more time for them than I do Arsenal because Old Trafford has remained Old Trafford and along side catering for the corperate face and prawn sandwich buggery of the modern game, they still cater for their local community and original football fan, whereas Arsenal have completely alienated theirs. It was rather sobering and depressing seeing what remains of Highbury earlier this season and seeing just how detached Arsenal have become from the relatively low social status of the area. There is absolutely no way a local lad would be able to even afford a can of Coke at The Emerates, let alone a ticket.

PUSB.

Brighton Sky Blue

Like them or not, he has tried to build that club the right way and succeeded. A good balance of a decent youth system and investment, along with United as an international franchise has ensured their success. As an England fan I've enjoyed many moments as a by product of their ethos and youth system.

Manchester United, I have the upmost respect for. Their fans on the other hand, are usually idiots who have little in the way of intellegence or appreciation for football as a british institution. One such example was a story a guy in a pub told me when I asked him why United - "It's not that I'm a glory supporter!! My family aren't from England and when my dad moved over here, he wanted to support the best team in the land. At that time it was Manchester United and we've all followed that tradition." Where did your dad live when he moved here? "Birmingham"

Obviously I exclude my wife and in-laws from my fan bashing and acknowledge that not all fans are as stated above.

I guess one of the reasons people don't like United, certainly from my generation, growing up in the 90's was that, at school, it wasn't enough that United fans supported them because they were good, they felt they had to constantly belittle Coventry fans, perhaps to somehow justify the fact they'd never been to Old Trafford. They'd take more joy in Coventry's defeats than in their own teams victories, and when United lost, it was justifiable - or even tactical losing, or "We didn't want to win this year anyway, Fergie even said". To top it off, when we DID manage to beat them at HR, it was because we were playing a weakened side or that they were just having an off day. Take it on the chin, mate, we're little Coventry at the wrong half of the table with 23k stadium - we met your lot and battered em - it happens. On the day we rose to the challenge.

In conclusion, though, I prefer a team/club whatever you wish to call it to gain constant success the way Man U and Fergie have than they way Chelsea and Man City have. Also, I have more time for them than I do Arsenal because Old Trafford has remained Old Trafford and along side catering for the corperate face and prawn sandwich buggery of the modern game, they still cater for their local community and original football fan, whereas Arsenal have completely alienated theirs. It was rather sobering and depressing seeing what remains of Highbury earlier this season and seeing just how detached Arsenal have become from the relatively low social status of the area. There is absolutely no way a local lad would be able to even afford a can of Coke at The Emerates, let alone a ticket.

PUSB.

It annoys me a lot when people say that United are in the same league as Chelsea and Man City in 'buying the title'. There's a huge difference in that the former used their success on the pitch to become commercially successful off it and that is what has given them their riches. The latter clubs were given a shedload of cash by a filthy rich tycoon and bought the best players affordable who fancied doubling their pay packet.

deanocity3

PUSB.
many a time united turned us over when we had injuries and had to play julian Clary I mean Darby,:eek:

Mucca Mad Boys

Truth be told we have rarely seen Wayne Rooney at his best for some time and it goes to emphasise how important van Persie was to their title success. I don't think they'll miss him if he goes and he could be replaced more easily than some think.

He's no where near the player we thought he'd be after 2004 Euros, disappointing really.

Hopefully Moyes can sort it out, but I'm not holding my breath!

ajsccfc

no they weren't, it was just another example of sycophants praising an individual who has bullied his way for many years,
& remember it's a whole lot easier when you have lots of dosh to play with,
for any tupperware browsers,
please explain the number of keepers (19?) / cost (undisclosed),
between Schmeichel & Van Der Sar,
imho, of course,
FOP & PUSB

What a,
load of,
absolute bollocks

Brighton Sky Blue

He's no where near the player we thought he'd be after 2004 Euros, disappointing really.

Hopefully Moyes can sort it out, but I'm not holding my breath!

Definitely a player living on his previous exploits-they could still get an enormous sum for him now, offload his wages onto somebody else and bring in someone better. Centre backs to replace the ageing Ferdinand and Vidic, a midfield general to replace Scholes, and a new partner for van Persie.

Mucca Mad Boys

Definitely a player living on his previous exploits-they could still get an enormous sum for him now, offload his wages onto somebody else and bring in someone better. Centre backs to replace the ageing Ferdinand and Vidic, a midfield general to replace Scholes, and a new partner for van Persie.

CBs they got Evans, Jones and Smalling, all have potential to be top class CBs, wouldn't say that is a top priority though. LB is and I fully expect Baines to be a Man U player for next season, for midfield, I think Fellaini is a good shout, Fergie apparently wanted both these players and it wouldn't surprise me if them 2 follow Moyes.

A new striker? With Hernandez and Welbeck, not really necessary IMO, if they were to sign a striker, I'd imagine it would be to replace RVP either immediately or a successor.

I think Rooney will stay, I hope so, I hope he gets better, for England!

WillieStanley

Lawrence made me laugh last night on match of the day. As they showed the replay of Ferdinands goal, he was doing his usual bum licking about appropriateness of Rio scoring and just as he said "It was an amazing finish as well" the picture on the screen was of Rio wildly swinging his leg while the ball bounced off his knee!!

Users who are viewing this thread