Manset to go out on loan : (1 Viewer)

thaiskyblue

What do you make of Manset to go out on loan ?. With the tiny squad we have what a crazy thing to do. Pretty sure it's not the managers choice, so much for Fishers "compett:confused:ive squad " quote . Penny pinching again to pay for sisu's favourite pastime court cases , no doubt.

Hobo

Or he needs matches and we can recall him at anytime? But with our squad I would personally like him as a resource on the bench!

torchomatic

Why would it not be Pressley's choice?

What do you make of Manset to go out on loan ?. With the tiny squad we have what a crazy thing to do. Pretty sure it's not the managers choice, so much for Fishers "compett:confused:ive squad " quote . Penny pinching again to pay for sisu's favourite pastime court cases , no doubt.

torchomatic

John_Silletts_Nose

It is not necessarily money saving, there could be many reasons for this to happen, such as:
- the player wants first team football
- the player has domestic issues
- the player has issues with others in the squad
- the player has issues with the manager or coaches
- etc

We don't know the full story so it's won't to be too quick to blame money saving.

thaiskyblue

It is not necessarily money saving, there could be many reasons for this to happen, such as:
- the player wants first team football
- the player has domestic issues
- the player has issues with others in the squad
- the player has issues with the manager or coaches
- etc

We don't know the full story so it's won't to be too quick to blame money saving.
could be right , but we do need more bodies , do you not think ?

torchomatic

And he's hardly had a sniff anyway. Not the best signing, IMHO.

letsallsingtogether

The'll be asking for subs next £8.00 a game could then add it to the attendance.:)

ajsccfc

It makes sense. Get the player some games in, include the emergency recall if there's an injury. Manset gets a month of match fitness, we end up with more competition if everyone stays fit. I don't think every single decision made by the club is cloak and dagger deceit. As good as he may be, you wouldn't break up the current strike force at the moment.

Pete in Portugal

we do need numbers though, maybe this guy on trail has impressed ?

I think you may be right TSB. It seems that Manset has not performed up to his potential because he's struggling with his lack of fitness. Going on loan would be one way to address this in the long run. And if it also allows SP to sign the player currently on trial as a replacement, we may possibly get a better option on the bench in the short-term.

ccfcway

It makes sense. Get the player some games in, include the emergency recall if there's an injury. Manset gets a month of match fitness, we end up with more competition if everyone stays fit. I don't think every single decision made by the club is cloak and dagger deceit. As good as he may be, you wouldn't break up the current strike force at the moment.

we wouldnt have a single striker on the bench. If Clarke or Wilson got injured in a match, who do we bring on ?

valiant15

I said he was shite when we signed him, another average journeyman with a crap goal record. As usual though the do gooders were quick to pounce.

ccfcway

I said he was shite when we signed him, another average journeyman with a crap goal record. As usual though the do gooders were quick to pounce.

Thing is, many of us said similar about Wilson in that he wasnt up to leading a League One strike force.

If Pressley got this one wrong, it wasn't an expensive mistake and wasnt costly in terms of us losing league points due to a lackluster attack.

Will Jervis be any better ?

andyboy81

As much as I like to support the team as best as I can, when I have seen him play I don't think he looks up to the task AT THE MOMENT. May as well play with one striker and support from midfield than have him on the pitch. Maybe a few competitive games for someone else will change that.

Looks like we could be signing that Striker we got on trial then.

ajsccfc

we wouldnt have a single striker on the bench. If Clarke or Wilson got injured in a match, who do we bring on ?

Change to one up front? As Pressley's impressed so far, I can only assume he's got one over on Andy Thorn and acknowledges the need for a plan B.

It's possible this other fella on trial might be coming in imminently and Manset sees the threat too.

RoboCCFC90

Manset must stay we have no other options if Leon or Callum get injured, Manset had a good cameo against Wolves and has looked a threat whenever he has come on, it's just unfortunate for Manset that Callum and Leon are on fire at this moment in time, if we sign Jake Jervis then a loan spell might suit.

covcity4life

ridiciulous if true,we need a striker on the bench, pressdley needs to give him longer on the pitch though

hope this loan is BS

covcity4life

In place of who??

clarke or wilson would be best bet

when we are winning 3-0 with 15mins to go i think its safe to throw on a capable skillfull powerhouse like manset

30sec cameos are not going to keep him happy

also we play 46 league games,as great as our front 2 is, one assumes rotation will be required at some point.

andyboy81

clarke or wilson would be best bet

when we are winning 3-0 with 15mins to go i think its safe to throw on a capable skillfull powerhouse like manset

30sec cameos are not going to keep him happy

also we play 46 league games,as great as our front 2 is, one assumes rotation will be required at some point.

The way we were playing on Tuesday I think it was best to keep the team as it was. I think SP got his substitutions right. Playing the league leaders who can score goals (usually) at will wasn't the game to put someone on just to stop them having a hissy fit. Even when he did come on, I was fuming when he pissed about with it on the centre circle and lost possession at 3-1

covcity4life

but by alla ccounts he had a great 11mins vs wolves

he obviously plays better when hes allowed on the pitch longer than 30secs

i wonder if pressley still isnt happy with his fitness?

Sutty

He definitely can't play 90 minutes at the intensity we need. 15 is about his limit before he's blowing out his arse.

Even if Clarke or Wilson got injured I'd probably move to 1 up front, or sign Jervis, or give a young striker (Maund?) a go. He's a useful impact sub but if this loan move gets him more used to playing 90 minutes then I don't have an issue.

stupot07

Manset is v unfit and struggles to last 10-15 mins. He needs to go out and get some football. If either Clarke or Wilson get injured he'd struggle to get to half time let alone do 90 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

larry_david

We will sign Jervis i'd imagine. Manset is not fit enough, has never been fit enough. Carlisle fans said the same and when he first joined Pressley said the player admitted he's never had to work so hard before. Loan him out after Walsall to a league 2 side, 24 hour recall. He starts 6-7 games, bags a few goals, comes back after a month and provides suitable competition for our front two, plus if we sign Jervis that's a decent front 4 we can choose from.

Some of the earier posts saying this is typical SISU penny pinching makes me laugh. We all want SISU out but that is just hilarious. He's prob one of the lowest paid players at the club. I'd guess Pressley signed him on the promise from Manset he would sort his lifestyle out, get fit, work hard and he hasn't.

Nick

Administrator
If it helps his match fitness and we can call him back whenever I don't see the issue. There were reports when we signed him about his attitude there so maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread