Mark Marshall (1 Viewer)

See we have signed Mark Marshall who was with you towards the end of last season after coming back from his ban.

I remember he crucified us when we played Barnet away a few years ago.

What do you guys make of him?

Kingokings204

See we have signed Mark Marshall who was with you towards the end of last season after coming back from his ban.

Hi and welcome, He is a good player who needs a full pre season else he makes only about an hour. He is very small around 5ft 5inches. Works his socks off and is a good signing and you should be pleased. We should of got him really as he liked ccfc but our club isn't the best shall we say atm. He is liked by majority on here as you will see.

Plays on either wing and enjoy his talent and work rate.

Hi and welcome, He is a good player who needs a full pre season else he makes only about an hour. He is very small around 5ft 5inches. Works his socks off and is a good signing and you should be pleased. We should of got him really as he liked ccfc but our club isn't the best shall we say atm. He is liked by majority on here as you will see.

Plays on either wing and enjoy his talent and work rate.

Cheers, as you may testify yourselves Micky's pre-season's are very hard graft so that should do him some good.

My Coventry supporting friend was very disappointed you didn't keep him so your comments kind of echo hers so fingers crossed.

Any light at the end of the SISU debacle further to the recent Keep Coventry in Coventry groups offer?

skybluebeduff

He'll score bucket loads for you no doubt!

Most of us never got to see him play, due to inept circumstances.

Kingokings204

Cheers, as you may testify yourselves Micky's pre-season's are very hard graft so that should do him some good.

My Coventry supporting friend was very disappointed you didn't keep him so your comments kind of echo hers so fingers crossed.

Any light at the end of the SISU debacle further to the recent Keep Coventry in Coventry groups offer?

The KCIC offer was rejected as its not about rent or revenue. It was all about as the Judge summed up perfectly on Monday, getting the ricoh arena on the cheap and selling to make a profit as that was the only was sisu could get their investment back. Another season in Northampton looms unless ACL and SISU sort out a short term deal.

Good luck with Marshall as I say you will be hard pushed to find someone who doesn't rate him as decent or above.

torchomatic

I saw a lot of him last season. He was really good and pacey. Greedy though. There were a few times where a pass would have been better but he blasted the ball over the bar or yards wide. Good signing for you lot. He got cramp a lot, but I guess that's to do with being our for so long. Shame we didn't keep him.

torchomatic

To be honest although he played really well he never really looked like scoring, but as you say, he probably will for them.

Gint11

I just cannot get my head around us letting Adams and Marshall go. I hope SP gets this right.

torchomatic

Disappointed with Adams. I thought he was a good left-back. I hope SP isn't going to give that to Willis for the season.

I just cannot get my head around us letting Adams and Marshall go. I hope SP gets this right.

torchomatic

I see Moussa has gone to Charlton.

J

Jack Griffin

It is simple, there is no budget for half decent players and the club is in turmoil, he has to live on scraps, players who have no other options.

Relegation, here we come.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The work ethic is there. Obviously enjoys what he does as he's always smiling, or applauding the fans.

For a small chap, he has a hell of a spring in his step. Gets up pretty high for his height.

Agree that he's greedy, but that's not always a bad thing

Hobo

I think the budget dictates on this and magi hit not be SP's decision.

Re Adams, always looked half decent until his opponent gained the confidence to keep running at him. Then confidence drained from him. Evident at Wolves and Notts County last year.

woody11462

Agree with that. Can only assume he must have better players lined up who he's reasonably confident of getting.

The lad Hanlon from Hibs who we were linked with this morning is described as a centre back but started off at left back and is only 5'11" so he might be what he has got in mind.

In terms of Marshall I liked what I saw of him but not too much in terms of end product and decision making. Got a couple of assists (from free kicks I think) but still would have been a decent player for this season but clearly Pressley has decided against given that Marshall was openly stating he wanted to stay here. Maybe to restricted FFP issue and SISU budget (or lack of) made Pressley think he would have to look for cheaper alternatives. Although he can't be on that much at Vale.

RoboCCFC90

I liked Mark Marshall I must admit, gutted Pressley didn't want him, I wish him well at Vale..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

The work ethic is there. Obviously enjoys what he does as he's always smiling, or applauding the fans.

For a small chap, he has a hell of a spring in his step. Gets up pretty high for his height.

Agree that he's greedy, but that's not always a bad thing

Have you be reading my Biography?

WM

Terry Gibson's perm

He will most likely score at least twice next year as almost every ex player seems to manage that, although whenever we sign a player it doesn't seem to be the same.

skybluelee

I liked Mark Marshall I must admit, gutted Pressley didn't want him, I wish him well at Vale..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember being 'gutted' when Butcher didn't want Regis. I do feel for you younger fans.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

The lad Hanlon from Hibs who we were linked with this morning is described as a centre back but started off at left back and is only 5'11" so he might be what he has got in mind.

In terms of Marshall I liked what I saw of him but not too much in terms of end product and decision making. Got a couple of assists (from free kicks I think) but still would have been a decent player for this season but clearly Pressley has decided against given that Marshall was openly stating he wanted to stay here. Maybe to restricted FFP issue and SISU budget (or lack of) made Pressley think he would have to look for cheaper alternatives. Although he can't be on that much at Vale.

Wouldn't touch anyone from Hibs with a barge pole. For someone who'd spent years away from professional football he seems to have made a pretty good account of himself which makes me surprised that he wasn't high on Pressley's list. With a full pre season behind him I expect him to do well at Vale.

johnwillomagic

Marshall was very ordinary don't see aht the fuss was about....flattered to deceive no end product in terms of goals or assists. I am quite happy we have not signed him would rather have Chris Birchall back reckpon he'll be unused sub in Port Vale ressies by end of season!

Users who are viewing this thread