Marouane Fellaini (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Disgusting behaviour, not just a head butt but an elbow and another half swipe/punch from the corner.

So 3 possible red card offences, that is a 9 game ban I make it? Will probably get away with the little elbow but surely can't get away with the head butt and the slap/punch so maybe a 6 game ban is more likely?

What do you think?

speedie87

I think he'll get a 4 game ban

Can understand players with elbows and pushing when being held but not the headbutt.

D

Deleted member 4232

In my opinion, Joey Baron did less during that match at the end of last season! 12 games. Hang him out to dry. Disgusting behaviour

wingy

I like Fellaini ,he's a winner, although he definately has a darkside ,but the sort of player who's OK as long as he's in your team.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Stupid behaviour from a Great player.

On the basis of the bans for racial abuse, any ban over 4 games will be crazy. That said, as mentioned about you only need to look at Joey Bartons behaviour and the ban he recieved to know that he'll be in for one hellish punishment!

One thing that needs praising in all this is the reaction of David Moyes. No denial, straight off that he'd given him a bollocking and they would accept any punishment the club or Fellaini receive. No pussy footing around the player like Liverpool and Chelsea in recent months.

Top class boss, top class professional

SkyBlue_Bear83

On the basis of the bans for racial abuse, any ban over 4 games will be crazy. That said, as mentioned about you only need to look at Joey Bartons behaviour and the ban he recieved to know that he'll be in for one hellish punishment!

One thing that needs praising in all this is the reaction of David Moyes. No denial, straight off that he'd given him a bollocking and they would accept any punishment the club or Fellaini receive. No pussy footing around the player like Liverpool and Chelsea in recent months.

Yea, I remember when Phil Neville was booked for diving in the merseyside derby this year. Moyes gave him a bollocking and fined him his wages

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed-behind Fergie, probably the best manager in the country at the moment.

Covstu

it was great to see a manager come out and say that, I had a lot of respect for Moyes prior to this but that has now doubled. Top man and top manager, I think he could do a great job at Arsenal.

CTID

Shame to see a player let a moment of madness spoil what has been such a good season for him and his team so far.

kg82

FA said it was just for the headbutt. The ref saw the other 2 incidents apparently and deemed they weren't red card offences. Gary Neville was talking about it all before the match tonight. He impresses me as a pundit more and more every time I hear him.

rob9872

3 is fair for the crime but if had been red would have been 4 as second ban this season. Those expecting much more us usual massive over reaction on talk bollocks but should have got the extra game imo

Covstu

But for which incident? There was a head butt (1 x red) and punch (1 x red) and a second potential incident that included both of these! Had it been just the one, then yes 3 games is fair

but he would have been sent off if caught and not had the opportunity to do the second one, so 3 games is fair!

SkyBlue_Bear83

3 is fair for the crime but if had been red would have been 4 as second ban this season. Those expecting much more us usual massive over reaction on talk bollocks but should have got the extra game imo
Not an overreaction, if it was a certain Mr. Barton there would be out cries that he should never play football again

SkyBlue_Bear83

but he would have been sent off if caught and not had the opportunity to do the second one, so 3 games is fair!
It's a bit of a shit comparison but if I commit a number of crimes, I can't argue I should only get punished for the first one because if I had been caught I couldn't commit the others

Covstu

It's a bit of a shit comparison but if I commit a number of crimes, I can't argue I should only get punished for the first one because if I had been caught I couldn't commit the others
Bingo!!! correct!

elephanttears

Should have been a five game ban i think, i wonder if he wanted a break over xmas because he was hell bent on getting sent off! top player still though.

Users who are viewing this thread