Marriage BBC1 (1 Viewer)

OffenhamSkyBlue

Me and the wife watched it in a semi-bingey fashion. Seemed like the director had instructed the cast to draw on some of their basic acting skills from whatever drama school they went to. A lot of it seemed like it was ad libbed, but i suspect it wasn't. Unbelievable characters and interactions for the most part. If it was meant to emphasise how boring and fraught their married life was, i wish they hadn't - it wasn't worth watching as it was supposed to be a drama but nothing actually happened.
And then there was the theme "tune" - most annoying in history. I had to mute it as it was making my ears bleed, which was annoying in itself as it was played over the top of dialogue so we missed parts (though that probably wasn't worth much either!!).
If you haven't watched it yet, i would recommend not bothering!

Otis

Me and the wife watched it in a semi-bingey fashion. Seemed like the director had instructed the cast to draw on some of their basic acting skills from whatever drama school they went to. A lot of it seemed like it was ad libbed, but i suspect it wasn't. Unbelievable characters and interactions for the most part. If it was meant to emphasise how boring and fraught their married life was, i wish they hadn't - it wasn't worth watching as it was supposed to be a drama but nothing actually happened.
And then there was the theme "tune" - most annoying in history. I had to mute it as it was making my ears bleed, which was annoying in itself as it was played over the top of dialogue so we missed parts (though that probably wasn't worth much either!!).

If you haven't watched it yet, i would recommend not bothering!

Some would say the same thing about the City, Millwall highlights.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I know sometimes the slow burners are the best, but this is slow beyond belief. I'm guessing there will be a second series which will build on this but I can't say I'm overly excited.
Sean Bean great as ever though, even in this.

Covkid1968#

I’m uncomfortable watching it… but strangely enjoy it. Quality acting

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I know sometimes the slow burners are the best, but this is slow beyond belief. I'm guessing there will be a second series which will build on this but I can't say I'm overly excited.
Sean Bean great as ever though, even in this.
Well if he's in it I guarantee it'll end with him dying.

ajsccfc

I saw the first episode of this and it's all quite well-observed (same writer as Mum and Him and Her which comes across) but I found it too jarring seeing Sean Bean as a drippy sad sack. I'm hoping that in the other episodes he eventually batters his daughter's new boyfriend to a bloody pulp and feasts on the corpse.

Users who are viewing this thread