Masks at the Arena (2 Viewers)

JimmyHillsbeard

Are you referring to the 1,400+ people who have died in this country alone as a result of an adverse reaction to the jab.

That’s a government figure from the MHRA btw. Our government also say that the reporting system is underreported by 90%.

It is sad very sad and disturbing.

Surprisingly it seems this figure doesn’t stand up to investigation

skyblu3sk

I think it’s important to understand that when we’re told the vaccine ‘greatly reduces the chances of death’ that is spin based on efficacy figures around 90% based on what brand you have.

However, these are relative risk reduction figures (RRR) that should be seen against the background risk of being infected and becoming ill with COVID.

Although the RRR considers only participants who could benefit from the vaccine, the absolute risk reduction (ARR), which is the difference between attack rates with and without a vaccine, considers the whole population. ARRs tend to be ignored because they give a much less impressive effect size than RRRs.

For example the average risk of death from COVID is 0.006%, (pretty much nothing) so having a jab will reduce that risk to 0.004% - When the original risk is very little, this is pretty far from ‘great’.

I see this is basically a copy and paste job from the report mentioned here... as I say statistics can be twisted to suit agenda

skyblu3sk

My understanding is they will put a can of beer in a tube with some rudimentary tools near by to distract the morons allowing them to get out...
giphy.gif

ccfcrob

Are we all forgetting among all the hype and fear that some 98.8% of the population are not at risk? The vaccine will not stop you getting covid or stop you spreading it. The vaccine is supposedly to stop you from becoming extremely ill from covid. The mask thing is nonsense and always has been. I do wish people would start using their common sense and stop listening to the media and the scientist who's models have all been proven wrong so far. Covid exist but the biggest danger are the politicians.
Do you get all of our medical information from Sharon on Facebook?

I would politely suggest you go forth and multiply.

ccfcrob

I certainly am not going to debate covid. It's been done elsewhere over and over. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
We aren't discussing a play or film where we can all form our own opinions.

We are talking about cold hard facts!

Deaths have been caused due to this and millions have become ill.

Families have been destroyed, peoples mental states are at the worst they have ever been.

This is all before mentioning the financial impacts!

Philosorapter

I'm guessing without reading the whole thread the message is, except for a couple of knuckledraggers; don't be a c**t, wear a mask where appropriate.

Grendel

Don't rule out them being the same person, both based in the States, both detached from reality, though Paxman hasn't gone full on white supremacist yet.

Paxman lives in the Cotswolds I think

Brighton Sky Blue

Love that after something like two billion doses administered and deaths dropping like a stone people still think their random internet find disproves reality.

He’s denied man made climate change off the back of Prager U videos in the past. That’s the next global dumpster fire headed our way

skyblu3sk

Never ideal when you have to post a link to a blog that you copied and pasted pretty much word for word two posts earlier to look "informed". :LOL:
Taken from a report that has been taken out of context... i Know My scIence WHy doN'T yOu beLieve mE

Torquay Sky Blue

Love that after something like two billion doses administered and deaths dropping like a stone people still think their random internet find disproves reality.
As I said on the non football thread I had my first jab on April 4 followed with a heart attack on April 8 . I've since received a letter from my cardiologist advising me not to have the AZ vaccine for my second jab. So im quite open minded on this

fernandopartridge

* Club asks for fans to wear masks inside the stadium
* No requirement to be vaccinated
* Club will refund your ticket if you test positive before the game
* Fans asked to stay socially distanced "wherever possible"

Doesn't sound like any of the above is going to be enforced, so not sure it will make any difference. Curious what the mood will be like in the concourses too.

It's just a symbolic message really, to show some sort of willing.

The club would be good encouraging people to get a vaccine where they can, not as a condition of entry just out of a show of care for their supporters.

Moff

But there is scientific information out there for people to interpret data either way, whether it’s right or wrong, or you believe or not, for you not to see that regardless of your views is blinkered.

Before you or anyone else has a go, I am vaccinated, look at both sides and appreciate everyone has different views based on what they interpreted.

I’ve worn a mask, stuck to the rules, but have worked for an employer, with government backing who has made me keep coming to work despite being inclose contact with several covid cases. Government rules say I didn’t have to isolate…..why am I treated differently to the rest of the population if this is such a virulent disease?

I also find it unbelievable at all the proper internet hard men throwing the c bomb around. Well done internet gold stars all round, real tough men.

I have a very close family member working in Public Health, on the frontline, I’ve heard somehorror stories, some stories not entirely consistent with media reports, but most worryingly of all is the fact that we are heading for a time bomb of all the other diseases that have been ignored, operations that have been delayed, catching up with all those cancelled appointments and many needless deaths will happen as the government threw all its eggs in one basket.

Covid is life threatening but so too are cancer, heart, renal etc

NorthernWisdom

but most worryingly of all is the fact that we are heading for a time bomb of all the other diseases that have been ignored, operations that have been delayed, catching up with all those cancelled appointments and many needless deaths will happen as the government threw all its eggs in one basket.
The problem is it's a payoff. As it stands, people are catching Covid in hospital and dying when going in for perfectly survivable things, like falls. Allow it to run rampent, and more of that happens. Therefore, the decision is which is the least shit option. In a pandemic, somebody will always lose out.

shmmeee

But there is scientific information out there for people to interpret data either way, whether it’s right or wrong, or you believe or not, for you not to see that regardless of your views is blinkered.

Before you or anyone else has a go, I am vaccinated, look at both sides and appreciate everyone has different views based on what they interpreted.

I’ve worn a mask, stuck to the rules, but have worked for an employer, with government backing who has made me keep coming to work despite being inclose contact with several covid cases. Government rules say I didn’t have to isolate…..why am I treated differently to the rest of the population if this is such a virulent disease?

I also find it unbelievable at all the proper internet hard men throwing the c bomb around. Well done internet gold stars all round, real tough men.

I have a very close family member working in Public Health, on the frontline, I’ve heard somehorror stories, some stories not entirely consistent with media reports, but most worryingly of all is the fact that we are heading for a time bomb of all the other diseases that have been ignored, operations that have been delayed, catching up with all those cancelled appointments and many needless deaths will happen as the government threw all its eggs in one basket.

Covid is life threatening but so too are cancer, heart, renal etc

Doesn’t change the fact that we’ve vaccinated everyone and deaths have dropped and no significant side effects have been shown does it? Don’t need a research paper for that.

Just a bunch of people desperate to be edgy really. “Both sides” is straight out of the creationist handbook. Not everything is politics and needs splitting into 50:50 where everyone needs respect. Sometimes people are just wrong.

And yeah, I’ll call people a c**t (c-bomb lol we aren’t American) if they downplay one of the forum members deaths. Nothing hard man about it. I genuinely think people who downplay others deaths are cunts.

Moff

The problem is it's a payoff. As it stands, people are catching Covid in hospital and dying when going in for perfectly survivable things, like falls. Allow it to run rampent, and more of that happens. Therefore, the decision is which is the least shit option. In a pandemic, somebody will always lose out.

We are facing an even bigger health disaster after Covid, many more will die.

Was it really worth putting all the eggs in one basket?

I would question why people are still having consultations ops etc cancelled when vaccinations are high and those going into hospital after falls etc are not dying.

A slow dithering government is leading us to a catastrophe.

Moff

Doesn’t change the fact that we’ve vaccinated everyone and deaths have dropped and no significant side effects have been shown does it? Don’t need a research paper for that.

Just a bunch of people desperate to be edgy really.

And yeah, I’ll call people a c**t (c-bomb lol we aren’t American) if they downplay one of the forum members deaths. Nothing hard man about it. I genuinely think people who downplay others deaths are cunts.

You miss the point frothing away. Free speech doesn’t exist in your world.
Oh and I’m not one that thinks that way, before you throw some childish insult.
No justification for calling someone a c**t, there’s plenty other ways to call that out, but you pat yourself on the back for being an internet hero.

Moff

They are though. If you mean less now after vaccines, that's true. But appointments are also opening up gradually now too.

They still maybe dying but far less from Covid, unless you have some stats to prove me wrong.
I’m just quoting someone from the sharp end of the pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread