Mason Greenwood (1 Viewer)

hamertime

Learn a lesson and move on - fair enough, but the he doesn't deserve all the fame and fortune being a top level professional footballer. I applaud the United fans who were so vocal in saying they didn't want him back.

There is no world where what he did was acceptable.
Hardly protests were there, the vocal few as always skew the perception. He messed up but someone that young should be given another chance always. If he’s destroyed someone else’s life maybe not be he hasn’t. Media witch hunt.

Tomh111

She’s loves him mate. Can’t be all bad can he. Young enough to learn a lesson and move on. Looks like most people would prefer him hung drawn and quartered.
Its a mess of a situation, but simplifying it and enabling outdated and harmful situations by saying 'can't be all bad can he' is so damaging.

Be better than that.

tom88

Hardly protests were there, the vocal few as always skew the perception. He messed up but someone that young should be given another chance always. If he’s destroyed someone else’s life maybe not be he hasn’t. Media witch hunt.

Ahh yes, beating a woman black and blue until she is bloody because she wouldn’t have sex with him….I’m sure her life will be a bed of roses now.

if he wasn’t who he was with his fame and fortune, just some normal working class man she would’ve pressed charges And he’d be locked up now.

Unfortunately the woman is shallow and thinking of financial gain.

Otis

Ahh yes, beating a woman black and blue until she is bloody because she wouldn’t have sex with him….I’m sure her life will be a bed of roses now.

if he wasn’t who he was with his fame and fortune, just some normal working class man she would’ve pressed charges And he’d be locked up now.

Do we know that for sure? Have I missed something?

hamertime

The argument is whether he should be given another chance, we all know what he did was wrong stop going on about that.

Someone that young deserves a second chance.

Otis

Even if that is true, he was still trying to have sex with her against her will wasn't he.

We dont know what happened after that recording, but had he have gone ahead, that's rape isn't it.

Otis

The argument is whether he should be given another chance, we all know what he did was wrong stop going on about that.

Even if that were to be the case, it's too raw now.

I think his best bet is to play abroad and then see what happens in the future and if it all dies down, or more comes out about the story.

Tomh111

A second chance doesn't mean a second go with no repercussions.

He gets a second go at being a free man with no conviction because she isn't pressing charges.

That 2nd chance doesn't give him the right to walk back to his old life.

Like it or not footballers are held up as icons and role models to Young men - what message does it send to them?
Do what you want to your partner and as long as they don't press charges then you resume your life with no consequence?
Convince her you love her and you can beat her and rape her?

Greggs

Kurt Zouma kicking the shit out of a cat doesn't get mentioned much anymore.....

hamertime

I assume you have not hit puberty yet or have children or more importantly daughters of your own?

this is black, blue and bloody in my eyes.

1 bruise too many

View attachment 31575

View attachment 31576

View attachment 31574
Where is the proof he did that to her or it’s even her in some pics . Did he? More than likely but who knows, the facts are he’s not been found guilty or it hasn’t been proved he did that to her but your willing to believe it’s 100% true. That’s the reason he should be given a second chance.

Specs WT-R75

Where is the proof he did that to her or it’s even her in some pics . Did he? More than likely but who knows, the facts are he’s not been found guilty or it hasn’t been proved he did that to her but your willing to believe it’s 100% true. That’s the reason he should be given a second chance.

If his "defence" to all this was "it's all fabricated" then that would absolutely have come out by now. At no point has he (or anyone else) claimed that these photos or audio clips were not legitimate.

Stop defending the indefensible...

Grendel

If his "defence" to all this was "it's all fabricated" then that would absolutely have come out by now. At no point has he (or anyone else) claimed that these photos or audio clips were not legitimate.

Stop defending the indefensible...

I thought he claimed it wasn’t him

tisza

If he was a reserve or youth team player Utd would have shown him the door a long time ago. But he's a potential 50-100 million pound player that they didn't want to see leave and if he had to not leave for nothing. Cynical as it may be Utd's delay has all been about the money.

hamertime

In a statement, Greenwood said: “I understand that people will judge me because of what they have seen and heard on social media, and I know people will think the worst. I was brought up to know that violence or abuse ... is wrong, I did not do the things I was accused of, and in February I was cleared of all charges [the charges were actually dropped by the CPS when key witnesses withdrew their involvement and new material came to light].

“However, I fully accept I made mistakes ... and I take my share of responsibility for the situations which led to the social media post. I am learning to understand my responsibilities to set a good example as a professional footballer, and I’m focused on the big responsibility of being a father.”

Como

So what is the plan?

Should he be allowed to play any Football or just not Professional Football?

It seems like Saudi is out of the equation.

Tomh111

The truth here is that nothing anybody says is going to change your views and opinions, but I'm going to waste my time anyway.

Your views contribute to the appalling rate at which women come forward to report domestic abuse.

By making sweeping statements like how do we know it's him (other than the audio where he is threatening to rape her) you are instantaneously siding with the perpetrator and not the victim.

Be a better person and realise that siding with someone who has clearly beaten his girlfriend and at the very least threatened to rape his girlfriend, makes you look like you condone violence against women.

Before you reply, I'm going to block you on here, because I don't want to see your response.

but a last piece of advice; Stop defending the indefensible and be a better person than you're currently being.

Grendel

In a statement, Greenwood said: “I understand that people will judge me because of what they have seen and heard on social media, and I know people will think the worst. I was brought up to know that violence or abuse ... is wrong, I did not do the things I was accused of, and in February I was cleared of all charges [the charges were actually dropped by the CPS when key witnesses withdrew their involvement and new material came to light].

“However, I fully accept I made mistakes ... and I take my share of responsibility for the situations which led to the social media post. I am learning to understand my responsibilities to set a good example as a professional footballer, and I’m focused on the big responsibility of being a father.”

Thats just mealy mouthed nonsense created by his legal team though surely

ccfc1234

The truth here is that nothing anybody says is going to change your views and opinions, but I'm going to waste my time anyway.

Your views contribute to the appalling rate at which women come forward to report domestic abuse.

By making sweeping statements like how do we know it's him (other than the audio where he is threatening to rape her) you are instantaneously siding with the perpetrator and not the victim.

Be a better person and realise that siding with someone who has clearly beaten his girlfriend and at the very least threatened to rape his girlfriend, makes you look like you condone violence against women.

Before you reply, I'm going to block you on here, because I don't want to see your response.

but a last piece of advice; Stop defending the indefensible and be a better person than you're currently being.
Agree with this but don't block him and try for a bit of time to educate. Echo chambers rarely have a long term benefit.

I think 'some' people are torn as Ched Evans was convicted in 2012 and sentenced to 5 years in prison and was given a second chance in professional football and on the face of it while the evidence with greenwood is more public and makes for really uncomfortable listening what he actually did was less severe. This coupled with the fact he would instantly be our best player and would score a lot of goals and could well fire us to the premier league, I am sure distortes some people's moral compass!

Grendel

This is the thing, no one really knows. Not convicted and no proved evidence whether he did everything or not so not sure how a man can be hung out to dry.

Well I think it’s safe to say she didn’t get the bruises from doing the garden

hamertime

Well I think it’s safe to say she didn’t get the bruises from doing the garden
How do you know they are even hers or real bruises. She’s got to be not wired up right to even be with him so you don’t know what she’s capable of herself it normally takes 2 to tango.Blokes have done time then found not to be guilty. What I’ve tried to say a million times is nothing been proven that’s the problem.

Martin180

How do you know they are even hers or real bruises. She’s got to be not wired up right to even be with him so you don’t know what she’s capable of herself it normally takes 2 to tango.Blokes have done time then found not to be guilty. What I’ve tried to say a million times is nothing been proven that’s the problem.
Apart from the appalling audio of them ?

hamertime

Apart from the appalling audio of them ?
Audio of what? You don’t know how they normally talk to each other and what role play they do when having sex. It can’t be proven that’s the problem with it. It wouldn't get through court that’s why it’s been dropped as it can be argued it’s entrapment. He probably had done it to some extent but that means nothing as it wouldn’t get through a court.

Users who are viewing this thread