Massive (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Where have Sunderland and Preston played where their away capacity is 5000+?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Where have Sunderland and Preston played where their away capacity is 5000+?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sunderland had that at Preston

Preston had it at Blackburn

bigfatronssba

Ffs. Beat me to it, swine.

What do you tell people who take solace in losing but at least our fans made noise?

What else do you want the fans to do?

If no sod turned up you'd complain!

pusbccfc

Ffs. Beat me to it, swine.

What do you tell people who take solace in losing but at least our fans made noise?

Because the fans can't change anything that happens on the pitch so I don't see the issue of making an atmosphere.

Whether you like it or not, fan culture and creating an atmosphere is a big part of football. People take pride in having good support. Not sure why that's a problem.

Tommo1993

Because the fans can't change anything that happens on the pitch so I don't see the issue of making an atmosphere.

Whether you like it or not, fan culture and creating an atmosphere is a big part of football. People take pride in having good support. Not sure why that's a problem.

I don’t disagree. But didn’t you say yesterday it influences the game?

All I’m saying is nobody gives a shit how loud we were or weren’t when we’ve won…

pusbccfc

I don’t disagree. But didn’t you say yesterday it influences the game?

All I’m saying is nobody gives a shit how loud we were or weren’t when we’ve won…

Probably 😂. It can motivate and encourage players, definitely. Can it change results, no.

They do. It's fan culture. I've been to plenty of matches where we've lost but I've enjoyed it because the fans have made it a good time by creating an atmosphere. Hence why I go and don't sit at home watching it on the telly. Atmosphere is a big part of it.

Tommo1993

Probably 😂. It can motivate and encourage players, definitely. Can it change results, no.

They do. It's fan culture. I've been to plenty of matches where we've lost but I've enjoyed it because the fans have made it a good time by creating an atmosphere. Hence why I go and don't sit at home watching it on the telly. Atmosphere is a big part of it.

Although I agree, maybe I’m just too superficial about it all. Strangely I enjoyed losing 4-2 away to Gillingham on a Tuesday night. Was there 362 of us that night? I think there has been times a lesser, more intimate crowd has been better than a full away end.

pusbccfc

1000081036.jpg

Crowds in this league are incredible.

It's interesting that they continue to rise home and away despite the huge matchday ticket prices and cost of living crisis.

Evo1883

We've had good away support now since Northampton really .. and it continues to impress me .

Just booked off February for Plymouth midweek 😉

pusbccfc

However an increase of over 4000 average is fantastic for the club .

It's Mark robins legacy all of this

Absolutely, but there's an argument to say ours are just increasing in line with others?

The real test will be if we finish towards the bottom this season and Doug charges £450+ for a ST and nearly £40 for a match ticket again. Will those 4000 stay?

Sick Boy

Glad to see an increase in numbers - 15 years ago we would be taking 500 to Preston considering the run we're on.

However I maintain that away days over last few seasons have been nowhere near as enjoyable as the L2 and L1 seasons. L2 aways were unbelievable
The mini pitch invasions after scoring and the pyro were great in League 2.

Evo1883

Absolutely, but there's an argument to say ours are just increasing in line with others?

The real test will be if we finish towards the bottom this season and Doug charges £450+ for a ST and nearly £40 for a match ticket again. Will those 4000 stay?

Albion are down tbh , I think besides maybe ipswich we've seen the biggest rise in the league .

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

all very well looking at the raw numbers of people turning up but what about our xAtmos?

Seaside-Skyblue

View attachment 32399

Despite having our increased crowd sizes, we're only just above the league's average.
Strange isn't it, what do we think is driving this increase across the patch? I understand our own increase on the back of last season but not everyone hada similar experience obviously. It will be tested next year when the TV deals come in but I for one hope the thirst for physically attending in person never dies for everyone around the country.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

napolimp

Wow, Plymouth taking 3000 to Leeds! Where did Preston only take 800 odd, when they had over 5k at Blackburn?

Users who are viewing this thread