Match ratings (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Burge - some poor kicking but came off his line well and looked very composed - 8
Grimmer - not the attacking threat but defensively much more solid than he has been - 8
Willis - excellent game - 9
McDonald - excellent - 8.5
Stokes - often against two of theirs, Shipley helped out better than Barrett - 7.5
Bayliss - didn’t know where he was for the first 20 but for a period in the second half looked the best player on the pitch - 8
Kelly - rallied on the ball a few times but what a first game back after so long out - 8.5
Doyle - some awful passing, some super passing but what a heart. Did so well to stay on after early booking - 8
Barrett - looks good on the ball and did get back eventually - 7
Biamou - did everything asked of him. Really very very good indeed - 9 mom
McNulty - what an engine. Stunning running. Can’t believe the shot to the far post missed - 8.5

Subs

Shipley - excellent defensively and on the ball, seemed refreshed - 8
Stevenson - great tenacity to nick the ball near the.end. Good job - 7
Dke - great passion and commitment - 7

Robins - liked he played Bayliss out of position, McDonald didn’t let him down and subs well timed - 8

Ref - that tackle on Biamou was a red. Nasty Bastard. Good on the pen shout and the early card on Doyle meant it was a committed but clean game other than the bastard obviously - 8

Crowd - 10. Apart from the knobs who can’t stay off the pitch and those throwing bottles and flares. Especially the guy who threw the flare at the keeper. Why oh why. Bloody idiots

torchomatic

I thought it was a great team effort. I thought Stokes was pretty poor though, some of his passing was woeful.

Biamou and McNulty were immense.

stevefloyd

giphy.gif

lifeskyblue

Burge - some poor kicking but came off his line well and looked very composed - 8
Grimmer - not the attacking threat but defensively much more solid than he has been - 8
Stokes - often against two of theirs, Shipley helped out better than Barrett - 7.5
Bayliss - didn’t know where he was for the first 20 but for a period in the second half looked the best player on the pitch - 8
Kelly - rallied on the ball a few times but what a first game back after so long out - 8.5
Doyle - some awful passing, some super passing but what a heart. Did so well to stay on after early booking - 8
McNulty - what an engine. Stunning running. Can’t believe the shot to the far post missed - 8.5

Subs

Robins - liked he played Bayliss out of position, McDonald didn’t let him down and subs well timed - 8

Ref - that tackle on Biamou was a red. Nasty Bastard. Good on the pen shout and the early card on Doyle meant it was a committed but clean game other than the bastard obviously - 8

Crowd - 10. Apart from the knobs who can’t stay off the pitch and those throwing bottles and flares. Especially the guy who threw the flare at the keeper. Why oh why. Bloody idiots

Agree with that especially re idiot fans. They could get the club punished and the fans...imagine if we are drawn at Man Utd but away fans banned.
As for the players I thought we played too narrow at times exposing grimmer and stokes. Also stokes gave a lot of simple balls away. Apart from all that you cannot question the commitment of the players...all threw their bodies on the line when needed and up front mcnulty’s runs and biamou holding it up when he could.
Excellent all round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Agree with that especially re idiot fans. They could get the club punished and the fans...imagine if we are drawn at Man Utd but away fans banned.
As for the players I thought we played too narrow at times exposing grimmer and stokes. Also stokes gave a lot of simple balls away. Apart from all that you cannot question the commitment of the players...all threw their bodies on the line when needed and up front mcnulty’s runs and biamou holding it up when he could.
Excellent all round

The stewards didn't do a very good job, so many people drinking and smoking. People by me nipping off for a line every so often.

Half arsed searches going in as well

letsallsingtogether

Smoking area was at the back of the bars yet they wouldn' let you in

JWC

Burge - 9. Disappointed that he's got stick for maybe 2 misplaced kicks, getting a bit ridiculous now. Clean sheet and his double save was class.

Grimmer - 7. Solid defensively, didn't offer much going forward but good game on the whole.

Willis and McDonald - 8. Both very solid.

Stokes - 8. Wasn't given much help by Barrett and was exposed because of it. Fantastic performance considering, if not a for a couple of misplaced clearances.

Barrett - 5. Sorry lad, thought you had a poor game. Afraid to run at players and offered little defensively.

Bayliss - 8. Looks classy and calm on the ball. What a talent.

Kelly and Doyle - 8. Properly solid partnership and slotted back in to it with no fuss. Really pleasing to see.

McNulty - 8. Amazing what confidence can do. Was a pest all game and gutted he didn't score. He deserved to.

Biamou - 9. I just love him and reserve the right to give him unwavering praise every game.

Subs

Shipley - 8. Did everything Barrett should have. Made us seem so much more solid when he came on.

Stevenson and Kelly Evans - 7. Did a very good job, especially pleased for Stevenson.

Robins got the praise he deserved which was great to see.

What a class day, more of that please!

Last edited:

capel & collindridge

Downside, it is just under three weeks since my wife died, just after our golden wedding. Upside, it was my first game for 50 years. I watched from the home side's family area and pretended to be Mourinho (but was grinning by the end!)

Ratings:
Burge 8 Even his kicking was good
Grimmer 7.5 Opened things up when he attacked but defensively OK too
Willis 8.5 MOTM Saved our bacon on three occasions by getting back quickly when it was two on one
McDonald 7.5 Grew into the game - or was it just that I could see what he was doing in the second half!
Stokes 7.5 Some great tackles and got things moving well, but spoiled a little by some misdirected clearances
Bayliss

letsallsingtogether

Burge - 9. Disappointed that he's got stick for maybe 2 misplaced kicks, getting a bit ridiculous now. Clean sheet and his double save was class.

Grimmer - 7. Solid defensively, didn't offer much going forward but good game on the whole.

Willis and McDonald - 8. Both very solid.

Stokes - 8. Wasn't given much help by Barrett and was exposed because of it. Fantastic performance considering, if not a couple of misplaced clearances.

Barrett - 5. Sorry lad, thought you had a poor game. Afraid to run at players and offered little defensively.

Bayliss - 8. Looks classy and calm on the ball. What a talent.

Kelly and Doyle - 8. Properly solid partnership and slotted back in to it with no fuss. Really pleasing to see.

McNulty - 8. Amazing what confidence can do. Was a pest all game and gutted he didn't score. He deserved to.

Biamou - 9. I just love him and reserve the right to give him unwavering praise every game.

Subs

Shipley - 8. Did everything Barrett should have. Made us seem so much more solid when he came on.

Stevenson and Kelly Evans - 7. Did a very good job, especially pleased for Stevenson.

Robins got the praise he deserved which was great to see.

What a class day, more of that please!
Got to agree with the Burge remark it is like lets watch him all game and find a fault.
There were so many misplaced passes from every player yet only his count.

Cov kid 55

Downside, it is just under three weeks since my wife died, just after our golden wedding. Upside, it was my first game for 50 years. I watched from the home side's family area and pretended to be Mourinho (but was grinning by the end!)

Ratings:
Willis 8.5 MOTM Saved our bacon on three occasions by getting back quickly when it was two on one
McDonald 7.5 Grew into the game - or was it just that I could see what he was doing in the second half!
Stokes 7.5 Some great tackles and got things moving well, but spoiled a little by some misdirected clearances
Bayliss
Really sorry for your loss C & C, hope you’re managing ok, and pleased you enjoyed your day. Best wishes.

lifeskyblue

Ratings:
Bayliss

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope the game and result helped give you a lift. Perhaps you will be up at the Ricoh soon.

Mcbean

Yea as per the match thread - McNulty - limitless just kept going - i always want to see one of our players on the half way line - only take one mistake and we are in

capel & collindridge

Ratings:
Bayliss
Bayliss 9 Great skills, linked up well and a great new talent, but not MOTM because his performance was not match-winning
Kelly 8 Very impressed, especially in first half. Our powerful midfield tipped the balance in the end
Doyle 7.5 You have to watch just him for a few minutes to see the big influence he wields on his team mates and the officials
McNulty 8 10 for effort, but things didn't have any luck today. His energy seems infectious
Biamou 8.5 Fighting performance that unsettled their defence. Couldn't see who had scored from my seat but glad it was him!
Barratt 7 A purposeful game. Useful taking set pieces

Subs: Shipley and Stevenson 6.5; DKE not on long enough to give him a mark

stevefloyd

Ratings:
Bayliss
Sorry to hear about your wife

Londonccfcfan

Subs

Yes hard call as they all were superb, but for me Max motm

Londonccfcfan

Top synopsis. Agree Barrat was only disappointment. Stokes was venturing beyond him all the time while he just stood still.

JonSilletBang

No Police inside the ground at all. There was a sizable presence outside, but nothing in the ground. Found that very odd, when we have a "retard element".

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Burge-8
Grimmer 8
Willis 9
McDonald 9
Stokes 6 (big fan but my goodness he had a poor game)
Bayliss 7
Kelly 8
Doyle 7
Barrett 6
Biamou 8
McNulty 8

Side note the amount of ground McNulty covered was sensational.

First 20 mins they tore us to shreds, but they lack any confidence in front of goal they got the ball wide well and into the box but nothing in the middle.

At the back they looked shaky and we grew into the game end of first half and into the second.

Goal of the season from Biamou!! (Few of their fans outside moaning tht it didn’t cross the line....the ball was in a different post code!)

Saw the game out superbly well, felt last 10 minutes if there was another goal it’d be us.

Great day on the whole at MK once again!

JonSilletBang

Burge - 7 wayward kicking, random punches, but great last ditch shop stopping. Doesn't inspire me with confidence but hey ho.

Grimmer - 7. Did his job. Defended well and provided options and space.

Willis - solid and calm. Row Z if in doubt.

McDonald - also solid, great last ditch challenges.

Stokes - 6 not great, was left exposed at times, couldn't really cope with his opposite number, looked verrry slow.

Barrett - 7 showed glimpses of quality on the ball, very good movement, MR needs to learn how to use him properly. Looked a bit of a luxury today.

Bayliss - 8 first time I've watched him live. Hope it's not the last. Boom.

Kelly 8 - shit kicker.
Doyle 8 - shit kicker.

McNulty - 9 my Motm. Must have run a marathon. Quality on the ball, lovely lay offs and clever runs. Talismanic.

Biamou - 8 almost gave him joint motm. Fully committed performance. Deserved his goal.

Subs:

Shipley - 8 Mr Composed. Didn't really put a foot wrong when he came on.

Stevenson - missed a guilt edged chance to make it 2-0. But looked composed and committed.

Kelly Evans 7 - crunching challenge. Thats it.

Robins 9 - loved it.

JWC

Burge-8
Grimmer 8
Willis 9
McDonald 9
Stokes 6 (big fan but my goodness he had a poor game)
Bayliss 7
Kelly 8
Doyle 7
Barrett 6
Biamou 8
McNulty 8

Side note the amount of ground McNulty covered was sensational.

First 20 mins they tore us to shreds, but they lack any confidence in front of goal they got the ball wide well and into the box but nothing in the middle.

At the back they looked shaky and we grew into the game end of first half and into the second.

Goal of the season from Biamou!! (Few of their fans outside moaning tht it didn’t cross the line....the ball was in a different post code!)

Saw the game out superbly well, felt last 10 minutes if there was another goal it’d be us.

Great day on the whole at MK once again!

Bit harsh on Stokes! Was left exposed but handled it really well, thought he had a good game

Otis

Ratings:
Bayliss
Sorry to hear of your bad news. So pleased you enjoyed the day today.

Hope City can make you smile on more occasions this season and then going forwards in the seasons to come.

Adge

Burge 8 Yes one or 2 wayward kicks but good game/solid on the whole.
Grimmer 7 Defensively good-not much forward play.
Willis 8 A rock at the back-on top of his game at the minute.
McDonald 8 Slotted straight back in alongside Willis. Nice and solid too.
Stokes 7 Good defensively same as Grimmer, one or two sloppy balls but wasn’t helped by Barrett.
Barrett 6 Wasn’t really at the races and didn’t help Stokes’ game.
Doyle 7 Early yellow but stuck to the task and rallied the troops as usual.
Kelly 7 Gave a few early balls away but better as the game went on.
Bayliss 8 Took 10-15 mins to get going but then imposed himself on the game advancing when the opportunities rose
McNulty 9 Ran and ran and ran. Would still be running now if the whistle wouldn’t have blown for full time. Only thing missing was a goal but put one on a plate for Max to score.
Biamou 9 Man of the match. Had a belter of a game capped off by the winning goal. Hopefully now a few more before the seasons end.
Shipley 7 An improvement on Barrett for the time he was on.
Stevenson 7 Great pressing when he came on to see the game out. Maybe the Wolves scouts were there:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
DKE 6 Pressed also when he came on but not really on long enough.

Robins 9 Got it spot on team wise and tactically.

letsallsingtogether

No Police inside the ground at all. There was a sizable presence outside, but nothing in the ground. Found that very odd, when we have a "retard element".
Where were you must have been 50 in the concourse.
Stood along the whole length of the end nearly.

letsallsingtogether

Burge - 7 wayward kicking, random punches, but great last ditch shop stopping. Doesn't inspire me with confidence but hey ho.

Grimmer - 7. Did his job. Defended well and provided options and space.

Willis - solid and calm. Row Z if in doubt.

McDonald - also solid, great last ditch challenges.

Stokes - 6 not great, was left exposed at times, couldn't really cope with his opposite number, looked verrry slow.

Barrett - 7 showed glimpses of quality on the ball, very good movement, MR needs to learn how to use him properly. Looked a bit of a luxury today.

Bayliss - 8 first time I've watched him live. Hope it's not the last. Boom.

Kelly 8 - shit kicker.
Doyle 8 - shit kicker.

McNulty - 9 my Motm. Must have run a marathon. Quality on the ball, lovely lay offs and clever runs. Talismanic.

Biamou - 8 almost gave him joint motm. Fully committed performance. Deserved his goal.

Subs:

Shipley - 8 Mr Composed. Didn't really put a foot wrong when he came on.

Stevenson - missed a guilt edged chance to make it 2-0. But looked composed and committed.

Kelly Evans 7 - crunching challenge. Thats it.

Robins 9 - loved it.
Really Barrett 7 same as Burge?

Users who are viewing this thread