Match thread City v Tranmere (1 Viewer)

hill83

Elliot was class again when he came on! I'd start him next game against Oldham over Moussa. Great touch, good movement, finds people in space and he doesn't lose the ball..also has a goal in him.

Difficult one that. Moussa looked lively and I was suprised when he went off. Elliot played well.

ccfc_Tom

Difficult one that. Moussa looked lively and I was suprised when he went off. Elliot played well.

Just thought sometimes Moussa tries too much whereas Elliot keeps it simple. Moussa seems more of a flash in the pan type player to me, Elliot was much more consistent. Don't get me wrong i do like Moussa and hes a decent player, I just think Elliot deserves a start.

Mucca Mad Boys

They are pretty clever but like i say they're more suited to using basic things on the phone, I.e unlocking, making calls, quick texts etc!

Sometimes that's all you need though, I hate taking my gloves off just to something as simple as make a text/phone call, or even unlocking the damn thing!

It's funny these exist because me and my mate were talking about 'million dollar' (I know we're in England, don't get picky! :) ) ideas about 4 months ago and this was one of them! Dammit.

Sky Blues

Indeed-research is the work of smaller firms, and with patents expiring all over the shop it's not promising.

From what you say it sounds like they've got complacent. Maybe the patents expiring will force them back into research (or into buying up the smaller research-led companies). Can you not try for one of those smaller companies? Or use your chemical knowledge to come up with your own great invention, something revolutionary and useful like touch screen gloves! :D

wingy

Thought Baker was excellent tonight ,the way he just drops the shoulder ,stops loses his man and he's off inside ,unlucky to be just off target with that left footer ,the charge to the byline ,the tackiling back ,some really clever play from all especially first half ,with superb through balls into the box on the deck just waitng for the runner to latch on . Mousse unlucky with his shot also and possibly unlucky to be subbed,thought after the changes they got through us a little to regularly . Conclusion good performance ,clean sheet ,work on finishing could have been 3-4 tonight ,onwards and upwards.:D:guitar2::pimp:

ohitsaidwalker king power

Super solid team performance tonight.. we really enjoyed the game...Defensively we looked solid and when the defensive line was broken, Joe Murphy was top drawer... had a couple of good chances through the game, bit more composure and we might have had a couple more. Onwards.
In MR we trust.:claping hands:

SkyBlueCharlie

Just got back. My hands and feet are in absolute bits from the cold. Worth it though.

Murphy
Edge
Clarke

My stand out performers today.
I love a 1-0 win.

Thought Woodie played pretty well, his partnership with the Edge has been on of the best defensive pairings we've had for sometime. (IMO)

Brighton Sky Blue

From what you say it sounds like they've got complacent. Maybe the patents expiring will force them back into research (or into buying up the smaller research-led companies). Can you not try for one of those smaller companies? Or use your chemical knowledge to come up with your own great invention, something revolutionary and useful like touch screen gloves! :D

GSK do have a malaria vaccine pencilled in for next year. My grand idea is to have automatic window wipers for tall buildings-alas I can't fund a prototype!

Mucca Mad Boys

With Elliott, he might be playing well, but you have to think, he is a striker, his primary role is to score goals, so ask yourself, do you think he can score the goals? I'm sceptical in all honesty. Clarke can function as a lone striker, he and the team need to adapt to one another. Look at some of the best teams in Europe, they play a lone striker and most of them are big lads e.g. Ba, Gomez, Ibrahimovic, and some others, it can work, just needs time. 4-4-2 hasn't worked particularly worked for us and 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 has worked, sense alone would tell you not to play 4-4-2.

I'm a vocal opponent of 4-4-2 (on this forum, I don't go out protesting! :p ), I have given reasons (and facts) why we shouldn't play it, and no one has really put forward a compelling case why we should play 4-4-2 tbh.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did anyone play badly?

More I talk about it, more I wish I went.
No not really

Chrisitie had a mad 5 mins at the end of the first half but apart from that was very good
Sheff was the stand out player first half but faded badly second
Fleck played some brilliant passes but was also muscled off the ball easily a few times
Murphy, Edge and Wood were all excellent
Adams imo had his best game since maybe Doncaster match
Clarke was a menace to the Tranmere defence

I thought Thomas did pretty poor when he came on

wingy

Did anyone notice how animated MR was on the touchline around 25-30 mins in ,hav'nt seen him gesticulating or so vocal before,Think he may have thought we were overplaying it instead of working it into the box a bit swifter.

wingy

GSK do have a malaria vaccine pencilled in for next year. My grand idea is to have automatic window wipers for tall buildings-alas I can't fund a prototype!

Hav'nt they got self cleaning glass and cladding /coatings in use nowadays ,Involve nano technology I believe??

EDIT: A good one for people like my who keep having to edit posts due to tired eyes ,macular degenaration could be a groundbreaker that enables vast sales where only a small price and profit margin ensure vast sales

Last edited:

ccfc_Tom

No stand out shockers, christie made a few howlers

I thought he was a stand out shocker. Went into tackles half heartedly and lost out on nearly every one, passing was shite and that incident where he tried leaving a speeding ball for murphy to gather was scary.

cloughie

No not really

Chrisitie had a mad 5 mins at the end of the first half but apart from that was very good
Sheff was the stand out player first half but faded badly second
Fleck played some brilliant passes but was also muscled off the ball easily a few times
Murphy, Edge and Wood were all excellent
Adams imo had his best game since maybe Doncaster match
Clarke was a menace to the Tranmere defence

I thought Thomas did pretty poor when he came on

agree with all you say except thought Thomas wasn't at his best but not poor, yet it is obvious he is a class player in this league

Spot on regarding Fleck also he wants to much time on the ball at times

stupot07

agree with all you say except thought Thomas wasn't at his best but not poor, yet it is obvious he is a class player in this league

Spot on regarding Fleck also he wants to much time on the ball at times

Which is why MR is playing him as the deepest midfielder

thechase

With Elliott, he might be playing well, but you have to think, he is a striker, his primary role is to score goals, so ask yourself, do you think he can score the goals? I'm sceptical in all honesty. Clarke can function as a lone striker, he and the team need to adapt to one another. Look at some of the best teams in Europe, they play a lone striker and most of them are big lads e.g. Ba, Gomez, Ibrahimovic, and some others, it can work, just needs time. 4-4-2 hasn't worked particularly worked for us and 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 has worked, sense alone would tell you not to play 4-4-2.

I'm a vocal opponent of 4-4-2 (on this forum, I don't go out protesting! :p ), I have given reasons (and facts) why we shouldn't play it, and no one has really put forward a compelling case why we should play 4-4-2 tbh.

Elliott played behind Clarke and performed very well. He chases after everything, constantly pressures defenders, holds the ball up well for others, anticipates knock downs and looks a threat when he has the ball. It appeared to me Clarke liked having him there as he had a target for knockdowns and distributing the ball to.

Evans1883

Did anyone notice how animated MR was on the touchline around 25-30 mins in ,hav'nt seen him gesticulating or so vocal before,Think he may have thought we were overplaying it instead of working it into the box a bit swifter.
my dad listened on the radio I was at the game he said it was because we played the ball back when we were going forward

Users who are viewing this thread