Match thread - Coventry v Leicester (1 Viewer)

wingy

they put the total city support as nineteen hundred and some ,so just over 500 pay on gate ,makes you wonder why he did'nt do that ,but jeez why the kickoff,radio said our allocation looked full ,but i thought they give us 3000.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

There seemed more than 1900.
I thought the end and that little closed of bit were 3000, we pretty much filled it out.

Blue Maniac

If another club in this league has spent more then I'm afraid I can't think of one.
Do you think West Ham and Birmingham won their squads in a raffle?
In the modern game money is king, and today was the ultimate case of haves against have nots.
We can hardly be blamed for the short-sightedness of those who have bent your club over for the past decade or so.
Our record signing is Mr Bellamy-I don't see how that is relevant.
That depends. Did he cost more than the £5m flop that remains our record signing eleven years later?
As my username suggests, I don't have a season ticket as I live in Brighton. If we did have a super rich benefactor, of course I'd still go-but would I act like success had been anything but bought? No. You won the Thai lottery, kudos-and that is why you won today-as I say, it's all about money.
No, it's about winning games, same as it has been since day one. What's the reason when a club with no money beats you?

pusbccfc

1800 there today, embarrassing really when you think theybrought 5000 + to the Ricoh.

BUT

Had they gone nearly a year without a away win?

It was the first game of the season.
They had just spent 15+million.
Cheaper tickets than what they charged us.

Also I reckon the 1800 excludes the fans paying on the gate, as 1700/1800 were sold by yesterday.

Last edited:

dadgad

1800 there today, embarrassing really when you think theybrought 5000 + to the Ricoh.

The embarrassing thing is that 1800 think following Cov is a good idea. Then you read about them fighting with each other and it all becomes clear.
Jeeeeeez.:slap::jerkit::facepalm::facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

Do you think West Ham and Birmingham won their squads in a raffle?

We can hardly be blamed for the short-sightedness of those who have bent your club over for the past decade or so.

That depends. Did he cost more than the £5m flop that remains our record signing eleven years later?

No, it's about winning games, same as it has been since day one. What's the reason when a club with no money beats you?

They built them in the PL and have spent little in adding to them this year-Blues have also sold for big money to fund their additions. Of course your club isn't to blame for my club's financial state-I never said it did.
Yes, football remains technically about who scores more goals-but the best players gravitate towards the wealthiest sugar daddies. Why else do Man City sit top of the league? Your club has totally sold itself out to Thai crooks in pursuit of success, as City have with the sheikhs. Why? Because you don't have the resources yourselves to get to the level you aspire to. When we lose to a fellow skint club, it's because they were better on the day- and with a level financial playing field, I have no complaints.

Nick

Administrator
They built them in the PL and have spent little in adding to them this year-Blues have also sold for big money to fund their additions. Of course your club isn't to blame for my club's financial state-I never said it did.
Yes, football remains technically about who scores more goals-but the best players gravitate towards the wealthiest sugar daddies. Why else do Man City sit top of the league? Your club has totally sold itself out to Thai crooks in pursuit of success, as City have with the sheikhs. Why? Because you don't have the resources yourselves to get to the level you aspire to. When we lose to a fellow skint club, it's because they were better on the day- and with a level financial playing field, I have no complaints.

Id love a thai or arab to buy us as a play thing!

Brighton Sky Blue

You are disgraceful fans and dont deserve to be a club with fans like that. You fight with EACH other,throw coins at us and fight stewards? Also u think your hard by throwing a lighter at the family stand and hitting a girl in the face and almost blinding her you fecking idiots. Your a disgrace to football and i cant wait for you to get relegated so we dont have to see you again u dirty inbred c-units!:censored:

Because your boys shouting homophobic abuse in Brighton town centre gives you the moral high ground? Every club has idiots attached to it, don't go tarring us all with the same brush.

johnb

[For some reason a Cov fan was sat in with the Leicester fans. Someone in the Cov end reconised him and then started the Judas chants. Poilce then removed him from the Leicester end and he came and sat up in the Cov end. Basically aload of 16-17 started pushing and trying to punch him. Then fists started being thrown from all angles. Some poor lad that was not involved got knocked out cold. /QUOTE]

The poor lad who was knocked out was well looked after by one certain copper, wouldn't leave him, just ignored the chaos around.:claping hands:

Blue Maniac

Very little to argue with there (apart from the 'crooks' bit - that's a head scratcher). But the reason Leicester won today was because we were slightly less shit than Coventry. That's all. Not because Matt Mills cost 4 million quid.

Brighton Sky Blue

Very little to argue with there (apart from the 'crooks' bit - that's a head scratcher). But the reason Leicester won today was because we were slightly less shit than Coventry. That's all. Not because Matt Mills cost 4 million quid.

I suggest you do some background reading on King Power and how they fundraise. Otherwise, I'm happy leaving the subject at this point-if we had a level financial playing field the result would have been different. No hard feelings fella!

Nick

Administrator
[For some reason a Cov fan was sat in with the Leicester fans. Someone in the Cov end reconised him and then started the Judas chants. Poilce then removed him from the Leicester end and he came and sat up in the Cov end. Basically aload of 16-17 started pushing and trying to punch him. Then fists started being thrown from all angles. Some poor lad that was not involved got knocked out cold. /QUOTE]

The poor lad who was knocked out was well looked after by one certain copper, wouldn't leave him, just ignored the chaos around.:claping hands:

Absolute cocks!

Blue Maniac

I suggest you do some background reading on King Power and how they fundraise.
Allegedly ;)
Otherwise, I'm happy leaving the subject at this point-if we had a level financial playing field the result would have been different. No hard feelings fella!
Maybe so. Maybe the money would have been spent better if it was at CCFC. Maybe CCFC are in the shit because they've spent money they don't have in the past. Maybe none of this matters. I don't know. Let's do it again next season :D

Anyway, who the fuck is LCFC 4 EVA?

johnb

The poor lad who was knocked out was well looked after by one certain copper, wouldn't leave him, just ignored the chaos around.
claping%20hands.gif

Absolute cocks!

I was in the row behind , 6ft away , where the cock were you?

Nick

Administrator

The poor lad who was knocked out was well looked after by one certain copper, wouldn't leave him, just ignored the chaos around.
claping%20hands.gif

Absolute cocks!

I was in the row behind , 6ft away , where the cock were you?

I dont mean you, just the people you describe :)

hackneyfox

There has never been a level playing field when it comes to finances.
I'd love football to be owned by people who loved the clubs and were local.

It doesn't happen anymore, we beat you, trying to belittle it by claiming we've bought the win makes you look a bit daft.

Grendel

It doesn't happen anymore, we beat you, trying to belittle it by claiming we've bought the win makes you look a bit daft.

On a day west brim beat Chelsea this is hard to argue with.

Brighton Sky Blue

Guess your fellow fan is 'daft' for agreeing with me as well. Grow up hackers.

Wombat

Sounds like a bunch of pricks! Why punch him for sitting in their end?

Agree Nick - in the old days if you saw some of your lads sitting in the home fans area you'd give em a cheer - now the modern day 'hard men' want to slag him off and give him a slap????

If we say the modern day 16-18 year old football fan has the brain of a garden slug, it's doing a big disservice to the slugs

Users who are viewing this thread