Matchday #3 - Coventry vs Derby (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

Evening Ladies and Gentlemen, here we are with the 3rd game of the league with City hosting our East Midlands rivals, Derby County.

We come into this game after desperatly salvaging a point at Watford and also with the news of City holding talks with Marlon King.

Derby, on the other hand have 3 points to account for this season, with a win at Leeds on the opening day and a 2-1 loss at home to Cardiff on Saturday. Derby, like us, are out of the Carling Cup after a 1-0 loss at the hands of Crewe.

My thoughts: If we play the way we did against Portsmouth, we will be far too hot to handle for Derby. I don't rate them at all and I think they'll struggle this season. Saying that we need some more experience at the back this time round. I'd like to see McPake start with Cameron - who again impressed on Saturday - and I also think it would be intresting to see Platt start with Eastwood.

I'm gonna go for a 2-0 City win (Doyle to score first), with a gate of 16,100.

Thoughts/Predictions?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Im liking platt alot lately very cool head and very good at setting up players like eastwood. im going to go with 1-0 to us eastwood to score.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I can see Michael Doyle getting sent off with the well rehearsed dramatics of a certain Robbie Savage. Hopefully the experienced head of Carsley will keep that gypo in check (along with giving him a few cheeky kicks :p)

covladzak

2-0 to City! Two Robbie Savage own goals, and a Robbie Savage sending off would make me a Happy Chappy!

Tom

I'm feeling really confident going into this game, I'll go with a 2-0 to us with Juke and Doyle getting the goals

Coventry La La La

2-1 Eastwood and McSheffrey and Doyle will break Robbie Savage,s legs

I hope the team line-up will be

------------Westwood------------
Keogh-Mcpake-Cameron-Cranie
------------Carsley(C)-------------
Bell-----------Doyle---McSheffrey
-------------Eastwood------------
----------Lukas Jutkiewicz------

Subs Platt, Wood, Clingan, Gunnarson, Turner, Quirke

Last edited:

hsccfc

Definitely need some experience in defence to deal with a team who have decent strikers (which is why i think we did better against Pompey than Watford). Platt to come off the bench and score, I'd like to see Carsley or McSheffrey to get their first competitive goals since their returns. I'll go for a 2-0, decent gate because of a couple of good results maybe?

smileycov

Facebook User
i realy like Platt and i think he has stopped a few people in there tracks, after the ? raised when he signed.
However i still think him coming off the bench and getting in too teams with 20 mins to go is the best use of him , the hold up play and flick on's around there box so late in the game means we increase the pressure on our opponents and push all the way for a result now. (maybe, get rid of last seasons late goals against problem). Derby are a decent side, but we have growing confidence, home form and a side looking extremely comfortable and decent, so i'm going 2-1 Mcsheffery and Eastwood.

Last edited:

CovLis86

Im feeling a 2-1 win. With goals from Bell and Eastwood.
I agree with a couple of you saying Plattini should be used coming off the bench. Hes older, so wont mind not starting every week. He just gives us that different dimension at the end of games which i think would be lost if he was starting.

Jay88

Big Midlands derby for us on Sky ..... i'm goin for 2-1 City with Eastwood and McSheffrey scoring! :)

Jimthor

Anyone know last time we won a game that was shown on the telly? We seem to have an awful record with the cameras watching ha.
I think we'll go against the grain in this game and pick up a win though. 2-0. One a piece for Eastwood and Jukebox.

smileycov

Facebook User
first game of the season, keano first start...2-1 down hill from there ha ha :)

redsox

Facebook User
Of course it'll be a win 2-0 , with goals from Juke Box and Carsley, and Savage to get sent off for looking like a girl!

skybluewill

I think platt suites our style of play solid in the air we need a presence up front would like him to start with Jutkiewicz, think this is a game we need to win. I wasn't impressed with our midfield performance against Watford hoping for a better one from them and would like to see Sammy Clingan with at least a sub appearance

Jimthor

Ah, right you are, we did beat Ipswich on the telly first game of last season! Went down the pub to watch that one, got absolutely trashed by about 3pm haha. Even so, generally our record on the air is pretty poor.

mikeskyblue

I'm worried about Derby. I watched the game at Leeds and they tore their young defence apart with one up front a 3 attacking midfielders including Commons however I still see a scrappy 1-0 City (Eastwood)
Don't forget a win would put us top for 3 hours maybe more. :)

CovInEssex

I'm worried about Derby. I watched the game at Leeds and they tore their young defence apart with one up front a 3 attacking midfielders including Commons however I still see a scrappy 1-0 City (Eastwood)
Don't forget a win would put us top for 3 hours maybe more. :)

*Braces self for 'we are top of the league!' chants* :p

smileycov

Facebook User
Sorry to correct you, but the season before,

the last game of the season was Ipswich away, where Keano's side beat us 2-1;

Youv'e confused me cookie! the question was, when did we last win on sky, nick said ipswich. It was The first game of last season we won 2-1 at home!

Skyblue-1987

I will be sitting in front of the TV at 5.15am wishing I was with you all. I will settle for any score as long as we win. Best result would be 1-0 with the goal coming in the 90th minute that way my family will not be woken up until 7.00 lol

Spence CCFC

HEAD TO HEAD

League
Coventry wins: 22
Derby wins: 29
Draws: 17

Last Result
Coventry City 0-1 Derby County
Championship, 3 April 2010

I reckon it will go against the norm and we'll win it 2-1 with goals from Eastwood and Sheffers.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
BBC: Clive Platt and Aron Gunnarsson are pushing for a starting place after coming on as substitutes to score for Coventry at Watford last weekend.

I can't remember Gunnar scoring but that's the bbc for you!!!I have arrived safely in Coventry so I'll be there tomorrow, can't wait!

Coventry La La La

BBC: Clive Platt and Aron Gunnarsson are pushing for a starting place after coming on as substitutes to score for Coventry at Watford last weekend.

I can't remember Gunnar scoring but that's the bbc for you!!!I have arrived safely in Coventry so I'll be there tomorrow, can't wait!

Cool what stand you sitting in? if your up for some singing you could try block 15/16 in the tesco stand but i doubt there will be much of it will be a bit empty with the game being on tv :(

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
ill be roaring at the tv no less my family think im gone mad in my room, if we win my 2 hour drive to dublin will be a happy singing one lol.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
6-2 today then lads? We seem to like beating Derby by this scoreline on special occasions and it's the Ricoh's 5th birthday party :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread