Matchday #4 - Millwall vs Coventry (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
2nd was for kicking the ball away apparently!

Nick

Administrator
One of our subs gets sent off, the other gives a penalty away!

That is why they are subs!

CovInEssex

Few points.

We haven't played especially well in any of our games, we've been somewhat very lucky.

Tactics. They had Platt sussed from KO, their 2 CB's just pinned him in, and when you have someone as big as him, you need someone to run onto his headers/flicks. (We did that once and scored.)

Didn't like seeing the Coleman style "we'll settle for the draw" approach, any team can beat any team in this league and to be successful you have to go for the win in every game!

Gunnarsson. Missed a complete and utter mere at the end of the first half, and with his nice goal, could of put us 2-1 up.

2 weeks off now, lets get things sorted before we beat Leicester at home.

PUSB.

covladzak

On sky sports the live score was stuck on 1-1 on what my clock said was full time I was over the moon then I come on here and see we got thumped 3-1..Talking about bringing you down to earth with a thump.....:mad:

CovInEssex

On sky sports the live score was stuck on 1-1 on what my clock said was full time I was over the moon then I come on here and see we got thumped 3-1..Talking about bringing you down to earth with a thump.....:mad:

I had the opposite reaction at Watford ;) except i checked at 85 mins and accepted defeat!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
It was always going to be tough going to Millwall as I said before the game I'd have snapped your hands off for a draw. I didn't get to this game so I'm not going to question Aidy's tactics or substitutions, it's unfair to say he made the wrong subs in my opinion because I'm sure he didn't anticipate Baker kicking the ball away and getting sent off or McPake giving away a penalty. We were a victim of self inflicted circumstance by the looks of it.

Chin up, guaranteed 3 points v Leicester coming up :)

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Looks like our lucky defending ran out today. Never mind give Leicester a good hiding and your all forgiven lads :)

ccfc luke

Not a great performance today, and it was obvious that we havent done much work on that formation. It Really showed at times.
Home win against the lesser and i will be happy again ;)

PUSB

smileycov

Facebook User
i went to the game, we were lucky to keep it at 3-1, wood was injured 10 mins before he went off, i saw him pull up yet he played on, i was saying notify the bench for 5 mins before he went over and signalled. baker was bookjed twice pointlessly, we didn't look like we were up for it at all. that is no good at the den, still sort em, bring on leicester at home, lets not start sliding another win will pick us right back up!!

ccfctommy

Agree that we were lucky to concede only three with the amount of chances they had.

Platt up front on his own dosent work. He had nobody to play the ball or lay it off or even flick it to. Perhaps if McSheffrey or even Eastwood played just behing him?

McSheffrey still looked off the pace, Cameron was again poor and I can't fathom why he startts over McPake.

MOTM for me was Carsley. Gunnar had a good game too, hope he wasnt injured when he came off.

Oh and Baker. FFS nine mintes? Fucking daft to get booked for kicking the ball away.

Users who are viewing this thread